"Roots of 9/11"

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
So I just finished up a show called "Roots of 9/11" on ONDEMAND Discovery channel.

It was basically examining the feelings of hatrid the Arabic community has for us.

1) The military presence in the Middle East, and the support for Israel over Palestine.

2) How most of the terrorists migrated from their native countries to Europe, and felt like outcasts, stereotyped as fanatics by Europeans/Whites/Etc.

3) Frustration at not being able to rule their country; getting bossed around by big nations, etc.

4) The oldest civilizations in the world are now the ones that are the most far behind.

--
But what I found most interesting was at the end. They let the host film in a very 'popular' mosque in Egypt. Hundreds of men gathered in prayer, bowing,and doing their rituals for Friday Noon Prayer.

Then, at the end of the service, you start hearing this yelling. It was some fanatical guy, standing on a makeshift stool and yelling about politics, America, you know.

Most of the men left, but of course some stayed. This holy place, this shrine, was turned into a recruiting, prophaghanda machine.

This stuff drives me nuts, man. They are fighting for political reasons...they want freedom, to govern their own lands, free of western power, etc. And they are making it into a holy war; probably for the ability to recruit more people. A political war is one thing, but a holy war is another.

This fanatical thinking is going to be the downfall of Islamic religion. I've been trying to see it from both angles, to try and understand why they are doing this.

But, the host of the show put it very well:

"if there isn't a war within the civilizations, between the good and evil, it will become a war between civilizations"

I don't think the 'good' residents of these Middle Eastern countries realize that if they don't stop this radical school of thought from brewing within their ranks, among other things, I beleive it will discredit the Islam religion in the future, along with topple any sort of peace or freedom they thought.

If they think it's bad now, with the occasional Afghanistan operation to root out terrorists, or action in Iraq, think again. This sh*ts only starting.

"They didn't just fly planes into the World Trade Center, they flew Islam itself into it." -an iranian woman

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"...They are fighting for political reasons...they want freedom, to govern their own lands, free of western power, etc..."

Well, that is certainly crap. Pure garbage. Nobody is fvcking with their freedom but their own fvcking government.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
It was basically examining the feelings of hatrid the Arabic community has for us.
oh god, the whores running our TV stations today want to make me throw up. stop trying to "examine" why people hate us. they hate us because we are not muslim, because we are capitalists, because we believe in equallity and justice, because we treat women and gays like human beings, because we love our children and value our lives, because we are leaving the dirty arab world in the seventh century while we are advancing further and further into the future.

1) The military presence in the Middle East, and the support for Israel over Palestine.

maybe because Israeli's don't chant death to america on their streets.

2) How most of the terrorists migrated from their native countries to Europe, and felt like outcasts, stereotyped as fanatics by Europeans/Whites/Etc.

BULL****! muslims are treated far better in any western country including the US and England than they are treated in their own countries. Muslims in england come settle in london, go on welfare and suck the state dry, refuse to assimilate their kids, preech hate in their mosques, riot in the streets because they don't like a cartoon or something the pope quoted, and the English parliment takes a blind eye to all this. FVCK THOSE SCUM, god forbid this happens in America.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Roots to 9-11 goes back to the Iran hostage crisis, was that sh!t really necessary ? Marine barracks attack, '93 WTC attack, USS cole attack, attempt on LAX in Y2K, attacks in England, Spain, and Russia. I see a pattern of violence from Muslim extremists.

I won't try to play pop-psychologist with people who 1) Have a proven track record of hating the West/America. 2) Preach hate to toddlers so they can grow up to be martyrs. 3) Have actually killed Westerners/Americans because fvcking Mohammed said it was a cool thing to do and they're get 72 virgins. I'm Catholic and saw plenty of Anti-Catholic jokes after the child molestation scandal but I didn't go riot and kill innocents. 4) Protest & riot because they got offended by a cartoon. 5) Act like the victims when they are the perpetrators.

If they truly want political freedom then why don't they overthrow their gov't. We did it, Thailand recently did it, why do they just sit on their azz and blame the USA/Israel/Europe for their corrupt gov't. They need to stop making excuses and do something about if they really wanted to change their gov't.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I think the roots to 9/11 go back a little bit further. You could say 400A. D. when Islam started to form a following. Then you could skip forward about 1000 years to the Crusades through the end of the Ottaman empire, when the British who were coming to the end of their own empire, took control of the Middle East. British Petroleum snookered a few Saudi sheiks into giving up their mineral rights for some desert land that happened to cover a few billion gallons of oil. After WWII the USA held all the cards(H-Bombs) and not wanting to miss out on the chance to control worlds fuel supply, volunteered to help the British protect their oil interests with a couple of Saudi military bases. The USA also helped set up little outpost in the desert called Israel. Then a few shrewd buisness men set up the "Seven Sisters" oil cartel(Bush family and friends) This cartel controls the flow and price of oil. OPEC gets all their "orders" from this group. The Shah of Iran was just the begining of the "blow back" from all these activities...but don't worry, were still winning!!!
I think?

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should be a history consultant to Hollywood.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
way to break it down rhino :) You know your history much better then me, I guess I can only learn so much from the History Channel :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
But it's fun to beat on dead horses, you can't go to jail for beating a dead horse and they don't fight back :D