Right side flank pain? Help!!

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So been a few months now I have this pain on the right side. It radiates to my back sometimes upper back. Kind of where my lat an back meet. It's like a dull ache/burning pain. It comes and goes. Sometimes I wont notice it all ex. Gym, sleeping. But throughout the day I will experience it and it's just an unusual feeling. Not like a muscle related type pain but the best way I cam describe it is dull almost acid reflex type burn feeling.

Went to my Dr months ago and they kind of dismissed it. Went to get blood work for kidneys and egfr came back at 92.

Starting to really worry about it. Going to doc for urine analysis and maybe imaging. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would say follow through with the steps your doctor suggested with the urine analysis and the imaging (abdominal ultrasound).

Warner6419

Awards
Hi everyone, flank pain is caused by infection, kidney problems, and muscles strain, and this pain is not good for your health, the best treatment for plank pain is taking some rest, antibiotics, and taking some pain killer these helps you to reduce your pain.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi everyone, flank pain is caused by infection, kidney problems, and muscles strain, and this pain is not good for your health, the best treatment for plank pain is taking some rest, antibiotics, and taking some pain killer these helps you to reduce your pain.
Is antibiotics something you'd say should be taken anytime someone experiences muscle strain? Don't antiobiotics effect the microbiome of your gut?

Rest, sure. Painkillers, maybe? Antibiotics, personally, I'd want a doctor's direction to use.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Urinalysis will tell the story, they are cheap and fast. If you want to be proactive about possible UTI then cranberry extract helps.