Rhein Labs Collection Question

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I just took my first Rhein Kit for hormone levels.

I needed to use both of the containers (5800 ml urine over 24 hours), so, to get a representative sample, I shook each container and took 22.5 ml out of each with a medicine dropper to get the 45 ml sample.

Do you think this is okay?

I didn't know if I should have done that or poured both containers into say, a 5 lb protein jug.

Suggestions, please.

P.S. stay away from the yellow ice cubes.

griffinannie

Awards
Call rhein and ask. I'm pretty sure your method was wrong unless you collected the exact amount in each jug and then it might still be wrong. I had this issue a couple of years ago but dont remember what they told me. Good luck.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Call rhein and ask.
When all else fails, ask for directions, right?

I just called them and they said my way was okay and wouldn't make much difference from combining the two, especially considering the jars were near equally full (maybe 50 ml difference).

For those in the future, he said a 5 pound protein powder jug, rinsed out, would be fine to mix the samples, as would any plastic container.

CF10

CF10

Awards
When all else fails, ask for directions, right?

I just called them and they said my way was okay and wouldn't make much difference from combining the two, especially considering the jars were near equally full (maybe 50 ml difference).

For those in the future, he said a 5 pound protein powder jug, rinsed out, would be fine to mix the samples, as would any plastic container.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be collecting my Rhein sample soon and I go alot, so this answers any Q's I might have had.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just as a question, what did that rhein test cost?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
$225 for the hormone panel which I expect to be covered by BCBS.

rightship3

Awards
Wow you must race like a pisshorse. Drinking all those diuretics will do that to you.

I have had 3 Rhein tests and so far never got over 1.2 jugs.