Returning from injury, looking for opinions on next cycle

london_pride

Awards
Hello all!

I recently had surgery on my knee, to repair my ACL, MCL and meniscus. I was pushed out from doing legs for the past 2 months or so, and likely will be for the next few weeks. I have lost a lot of mass on the leg that the surgery was performed on. I would estimate that I've lost about 30% of my muscle, as I can actually pinch together skin above my quad, now. I have been on crutches, and not bearing weight on my knee, for 3 weeks post op (up to now). This has seemingly debilitated my ability to maintain mass on that leg.

Now, I am looking at getting into another cycle soon, as I should soon get clearance to walk on my own (without crutches). I have previously done cycles of Epistane, Tren, and Decal, all done with appropriate PCTs. I had the most success with Epistane, but it's ability to dry out my joints has caused me to not consider it for this cycle. I am looking for something that won't completely dry me out, so I was considering M drol, possibly with running growth hormone peptides before and through the cycle, to help my recovery.

For anyone concerned with age or health, I am 28. I understand my body well, and have always ran cycles with all appropriate support and post-cycles. I am not concerned with spending money to stay safe.

Mystere3

Awards
Max LMG, dbol, m1-4add, anavar, all good choices.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Might want to wait til you're back to or at least close to 100% before running a cycle. You don't want to re-injure anything.

Reactions: mw1

SquatsAndOats

Awards
While I agree with this. I started my first cycle the day i got home from the hospital from leg surgery. I had read some studies that testosterone increases red blood cell count which would help with healing and I wanted to keep the muscles around the injury site strong. Long story short it didn't help as much as I though with healing, but 5 months later I was squatting 405. And 6 months later it felt good enough to run.

Look up mobilitywod.com they have some great videos to help with rehab

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll want something fairly wet and very anabolic... like TR3ST.

london_pride

Awards
While I agree with this. I started my first cycle the day i got home from the hospital from leg surgery. I had read some studies that testosterone increases red blood cell count which would help with healing and I wanted to keep the muscles around the injury site strong. Long story short it didn't help as much as I though with healing, but 5 months later I was squatting 405. And 6 months later it felt good enough to run.

Look up mobilitywod.com they have some great videos to help with rehab
That website is awesome, ta.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Run osta. Healing properties. Celtic labs makes some good stuff

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might want to wait til you're back to or at least close to 100% before running a cycle. You don't want to re-injure anything.
I could not agree with this more. I had a shoulder surgery and felt good after 3.5 months..did a cycle and re-injured it

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
To be safe, I'd say wait a while. There is no way of telling how safe and cautious you'd be so I waiting gets another vote.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I could not agree with this more. I had a shoulder surgery and felt good after 3.5 months..did a cycle and re-injured it
This is why i say osta. You can Maintain strength and mass easier. and it has also been shown to help heal. With little to no side effects. But this is only if he is set on a cycle. Honestly it would prob be best to save the trouble of a cycle for when you can make some real gains. Not risk injury.

Mystere3

Awards
Yeah actually if you're going to run something that will help you the most, run GH.

london_pride

Awards
My knee is stronger than it was before. I have a thicker tendon in there now. I am not all that concerned with re-injury, as I will be limited by what I can do on that leg. I cannot really over-push it, as I simply won't be able to do it. I've been told by all my physicians and physical therapists that re-injury is nearly impossible. I either can do a movement, or I cannot.

I am truly just looking for a preferable PH that will help me get my lost strength and muscle back faster. As far as how I injured my knee, I was tackled from behind in a rugby match. As long as I don't replicate a similar movement against the way my knee is intended to bend, I should be fine.

london_pride

Awards
To be safe, I'd say wait a while. There is no way of telling how safe and cautious you'd be so I waiting gets another vote.
I won't be doing anything for about 2 months or so, when I am completely through rehab. I am a few weeks post-op now.

Mystere3

Awards
I've rehabbed an ACL before and it's def possible to hurt it with certain exercises. The tendon might be stronger than the native ACL but the attachments aren't. Even a bone-tendon-bone graft with a quad tendon isn't going to be as strong as the native ACL was overall and your ability to pivot shift isn't going to be the same. I would avoid leg extensions. Simple loading exercises like leg press and squat are probably ok, but be very careful. You may want to do unilateral exercises to bring the strength up.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
My knee is stronger than it was before. I have a thicker tendon in there now. I am not all that concerned with re-injury, as I will be limited by what I can do on that leg. I cannot really over-push it, as I simply won't be able to do it. I've been told by all my physicians and physical therapists that re-injury is nearly impossible. I either can do a movement, or I cannot. I am truly just looking for a preferable PH that will help me get my lost strength and muscle back faster. As far as how I injured my knee, I was tackled from behind in a rugby match. As long as I don't replicate a similar movement against the way my knee is intended to bend, I should be fine.
Based on all this I would do (and what I did) was 500mg of test. But don't push the leg or let your ego get in the way. I was on test for 20 weeks and never went above 225 on squats and deads. When I finally went heavy again in pct I was able to squat 405 and deadlift 535, adding 20 and 30lbs to each respectively. I'm pretty happy with that as I was able to recover completely, and the test helped keep the muscles in my leg strong so I didn't have any weaknesses going back into it.

Messer

Messer

Awards
Yeah bro I broke bones in my hand and wrist and tore ligaments and I waited 9 months before I even considered training hard again as per my doctors recommendation. His words were feeling fine and being fine are two totally different things. I'd suggest waiting a minimum of 6 months and starting out really lightly and see how things play out slowly. It's better to be patient than make things worse.