Restless leg syndrome (you gotta be kidding)

davisville64

Awards
Well folks you are offically generation rX, I am one generation younger but I fear my generation will follow in the same path.

Check this one out. Restless leg syndrome.

http://www.requip.com/

Symptoms- The urge go get up and move, etc.

You want treatment for this? Get off your rear end and do some squats/leg press and/or go for a jog. My aunt tried telling the family that she had "restless legs," but they havent helped her loose weight yet, as she is a good 50 lbs. over weight.

side effects...

It looks to me like another sleeping pill, they just throw in the name "restless legs" to get some attention.

Brennon

Awards
Lyle McDonald has said this is actually a way in which some people burn a dramatic amount of calories...and this spontaneous movement is increased with caloric intake. It's one of the body's ways of homoestasis. It's dubbed "NEAT" or non-exercise adaptive thermogenesis.

Well folks you are offically generation rX, I am one generation younger but I fear my generation will follow in the same path.

You want treatment for this? Get off your rear end and do some squats/leg press and/or go for a jog. My aunt tried telling the family that she had "restless legs," but they havent helped her loose weight yet, as she is a good 50 lbs. over weight.

side effects...

It looks to me like another sleeping pill, they just throw in the name "restless legs" to get some attention.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:lol:

side effects...

davisville64

Awards
Lyle McDonald has said this is actually a way in which some people burn a dramatic amount of calories...and this spontaneous movement is increased with caloric intake. It's one of the body's ways of homoestasis. It's dubbed "NEAT" or non-exercise adaptive thermogenesis.
You know its pretty sad when you need to rely involontary reactions in your body to burn calories.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm burning calories simply by moderating this thread.

Nope. Not helping. Still doughy.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You know its pretty sad when you need to rely involontary reactions in your body to burn calories.
I think it happens with a relative caloric increase in a short time, not necessarily with high calories all the time. I know because it happens to me often after parties. I'll be sitting there with my friends, all of whom are much, much more into cardio than me and a lot thinner. Then all of a sudden me and maybe one or two of my friends will have this almost overpowering urge to go out and jog. Legs will start twitching and you just feel like you have to get up and move. It's actually pretty funny, I'd never medicate for something like that, that's just assinine. And it deprives you of the entertainment value of people who should be partied out but all of sudden find a second wind and get all hyper. Never wondered what was behind that to some extent? they just sucked down God knows how many calories of alcohol and party food. The body essentially sends a signal to the brain, probably something along the lines of "sugar coma or jog, what's it gonna be?" I love that feeling, because it leads to the low calorie after party time, which leaves me feeling better in the morning than if I just went out drinking with friends and then went to sleep.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that I get involuntary muscle twitches in my delts when I'm sitting down with my shirt off. Always made me wonder if it really WAS angeldust in that joint. :lol:

This guy right here has it too>>> :dance:

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
That chit happens to me when im trying to get to sleep. Really sucks i can be 4am and trying to go to sleep and my legs feel like they want to go run.

insectgod

How may I help you today?
Awards
I get this. It's annoying, but I'd never medicate for it. In fact right now, my left leg is doing it as I type this. The best remedy is to take a walk or run, but if not possible (like at work) I just ignore it.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
I get this when i'm on the ec stack or other stims. Causes
me to get **** done at work, otherwise i'm pretty much good
for nothing.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have had this al my life, especially at night time when I am in bed, but I am not about to start taking more meds. for something so minor, besides is burns calories.........

sctxms

Awards
I don't have that but am working on a new one called RPS Most guys have it and I could make millions by selling meds for it

Restless penius syndrome

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established

side effects...

i know this post is super old. but man....i was on my way home from school today, and i felt the worse feeling ever in my legs.. I was almost crying trying to get to the gym. wearing jeans and a polo i cut in line to scan in.

is it possible im addicted to cardio?