Representing Ohio...........

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The rising cost of food means their money gets them about a third fewer bags of groceries — $100 used to buy about 12 bags of groceries, but now it's more like seven or eight. So they cut back on expensive items like meat, and they don't buy extras like ice cream anymore. Instead, they eat a lot of starches like potatoes and noodles.

..........................right.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
lol, nice article reap.

Those poor souls are going to starve!!... I mean.....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
lol, nice article reap.

Those poor souls are going to starve!!... I mean.....

i sent the link to my mom to read. she said that the 2 ladies in the picture were gross.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I'd be less concerned about the looks of the ladies prefering instead to ask who in the hell decided I should be buying them food, then subsidizing their housing, then subsidizing their healthcare when the inevitable happened, and then worst of all subsidizing NPR to write a story like this calling me out saying the 58 percent of my money they steal isnt nearly enough and I'm the bad guy. Way to go libs.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I'd be less concerned about the looks of the ladies prefering instead to ask who in the hell decided I should be buying them food, then subsidizing their housing, then subsidizing their healthcare when the inevitable happened, and then worst of all subsidizing NPR to write a story like this calling me out saying the 58 percent of my money they steal isnt nearly enough and I'm the bad guy. Way to go libs.

I kinda agree and dont. People who put themselves at odds and its their own fault need to suffer in order to learn from it and fight their way back up onto their OWN feet. America carries people too much.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I kinda agree and dont. People who put themselves at odds and its their own fault need to suffer in order to learn from it and fight their way back up onto their OWN feet. America carries people too much.
My issue is that the entitlements are grossly overreaching, if they werent they wouldnt be full of 300 lb 19 yo's that live their lives by their freebies, and that a government sponsored enitity (NPR) is saying they arent generous enough. These peoples lot in life is pitable but when welfare is a scary last resort it works, when its a comfortable bottom rung in society it doesnt.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Those two have enough fat deposits to survive without eating for a month or more. And we're worried that we don't subsidize there stuff enough? How the hell did they get that big on food stamps? A part-time job at $6.00/hr at 32 hours per week is $768 a month before taxes. That's about $510/mo take home. I know people who've bought beater cars for $500 or less. They don't seem to be trying very hard. And the only reason they aren't having a kid is because who would want to sleep with her? She's freaking 300 lbs.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Those two have enough fat deposits to survive without eating for a month or more. And we're worried that we don't subsidize there stuff enough? How the hell did they get that big on food stamps? A part-time job at $6.00/hr at 32 hours per week is $768 a month before taxes. That's about $510/mo take home. I know people who've bought beater cars for $500 or less. They don't seem to be trying very hard. And the only reason they aren't having a kid is because who would want to sleep with her? She's freaking 300 lbs.

Sometimes I wish that it was survival of the fittest, but then people who really need help would lose out.

Those kinds people are why societies fail and nothing works the way it should. She can get a better job, go through educational processes. But then she couldn't hammer down 200 Twinkies a day could she?

I believe in helping everyone. But I also believe that people should help themselves. there is NO EXCUSE for being that fat. Very few people actually have a medical reason, most heavier people simply like to eat, do nothing, complain, repeat.

There are plenty of success stories of people who crawled from the very bottom of the sewage pits and fought tooth and nail to establish themselves and lead great lives. No excuse to anyone. PERIOD.

My parents are both disabled. My dad can never do anything again. With the pain meds he is on, other medications, and the injury he has to deal with(basically they had to cut him in half to save him pretty much...I mean he is in one piece, but the surgery that helped him almost killed him) Thats a reason to not be able to do anything....

My mom has severe emphazima (not sure how to spell it) she shattered her ankle and it has plates in it, she has arthritis, a bad shoulder, and is borderline diabetic now. SHE is 53 and has went back to college to get a degree(she is doing dang good too, deans list :) ) and wants to work in the legal field.

Subsidize a loan for em to go to school and I would agree with it, subsidize their twinkies and I have an issue with it..

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That's what I call bulking on a budget (food stamps).