Renegade's Review Thread

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
PrimaForce's Nitrocharge

Review: 4/7

Summary:
Giving 4-5g of di-arginine malate per serving, this is the best bulk arginine product available. In order to get the best out of L-Arginine, they used the di-arginine malate, and give you 10g of the product. It is unflavored and tastes a bit like pool-water (chlorine). Pumps were quite good, however the taste and lack of other compounds made this only score a 4. But, to take before workout and before bed, one can see good gains with this product.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Universal's Shock Therapy

Review: 5/7

Summary:
This product tastes good. It tastes like a strong kool-aid, alot like SuperPump250's fruit punch flavor. The stim's are really strong in this. After I took a dose, I did my workout, shoveled my driveway, drove 45 minutes to my girl's house, and shoveled her driveway. I mean this stuff is a Shock. The taste makes it a little bit strong to take on an empty stomache (it made my stomache a little tipsy), but to take a little less than one serving would be optimal. Very good pumps, endurance and especially focus. Good product, I recommend it for the price, dosing, and overall effectiveness.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Universal's Storm

Review: 3/7

Summary:
This product is dosed very well, multiple forms of creatine, arginine, and other compounds. The taste however, made it score very low. The taste was so strong, I could barely bare to drink it after a while. The pumps, strength, endurance were all good, but the fruit punch flavor was too strong to buy this product again. I recommend trying the grape, if you do try this, because the feedback has been better for it.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Gaspari's SuperPump250

Summary:
The taste isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The fruit punch is sort of strong, but not as bad as others. The blend creates a good pump, endurance, and mental focus is good on this too. Again, to avoid restlessness, heart palpatations, etc, take less than one serving. It will give you energy and pumps that are quite nice. Like alot of pre-workout formulas, this is a proprietary blend, so I am unable to comment on that, but the ingredients look pretty complete. I recommend trying this if your looking for a decent pre-workout product.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Controlled Lab's Green Bulge

Review: 2/7

Summary:
A creatine product, that includes arginine, taurine, that is about 3500mg is not worth my time, period. Although they are esterfied, and have good feedback, I did not notice anything different. The name, and packaging is alluring but I beleive it is just too underdosed to be effective, when there are more complete products available for the same price. Sorry CL, but it looks like you did a better job with Green Magnitude.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Controlled Lab's White Blood

Summary:
I experienced good pumps from this product. The price, servings are both decent. The compound includes ornithine ethyl ester, which enhances arginine and creatines a good pump itself. Although not "underdosed", it is not more than you can handle, skin bursting pumps. It provides interesting levels of endurance and 'nutrient - shuttling', and to take 3 pills is not too much to ask. Overall I would not recommend this product, but it does work from what I've seen.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Syntrax's Nectar: Lemon Tea

Review: 6/7

Summary:
Upon opening, I am very excited about this product. Iced tea is one of my favorite beverages. The smell upon opening is reminiscent of powered Lipton. Although there is a faint smell of protein, it is overpowered by the tea.

Mixibility is good but could be better. Some clumping. One thing I do not like about mixing this product is the amount of foam I get at the top. To remedy this, you would stir it instead of shaking it.

This literally tastes exactly like sweetened Lipton tea. I had 2 cups with dinner as if it were a regular beverage. There is a faint taste of protein but it is hardly there. You could stick this in a pitcher and serve it to your pool-side guests, it's that authentic. It also isn't as thick as you would think it would be (even with minimal water used.)

This has been a blessing in disguise. Just when I was getting sick of choking down vanilla and chocolate shakes, this comes along. I drink this as if it were regular iced tea: with dinner or a meal. I am quite impressed with how closely this tastes like the actual bottled kind. Highly recommended.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Cytosport's Muscle Milk

Review: 6/7

Summary:
This product is known for its amazing taste, because of the high content of fat in the product, theres no reason it shouldn't be tastey! The root beer float really tastes like a root beer float you would get at a diner. The mocha joe tastes like a coffee iced cream milk shake. The taste is thick, sweet, delicious.

The protien blend is a mix of mostly caseins, but there is some whey in there too. The fat content is mostly MCT's which are healthy fats that are absorbed quickly like carbohydrates. It has adequate carbohydrates also, to feed your body's glycogen stores.

The only reason I did not give this a 7/7 is because it is expensive. I will go thru a tub of this stuff in about a week, if not less, which makes it not so cost-efficient. However, you get what you pay for, and I like drinking and using muscle milk, so I will continue to drink it. Highly recommended for hardgainers like me!

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
PrimaForce's XTEND vs. AnabolicInnovation's EXCELL

Review: 5/7

Summary:
I decided to compare these two. While they are both amazing, products, they have their ups and downs. EXCELL is a great product, because they offer many different flavors. The powder is great tasting, and also mixes very well. It is also clear, so it looks like your drinking plain water. The serving size is also 1 scoop, as opposed to two with XTEND. The downside to Excell, personally, has been retched farts. It's no joke, I have to drink this stuff when I'm alone. So far I haven't seen many other examples of this though, so it could just be me. The taste, while being very sweet and drinkable, is not very refreshing, and i have a hard time drinking it when I'm working out.

XTEND tastes pretty good. They only offer about 3 flavors though, making AI's much more varied. XTEND however is refreshing, I can drink it during a workout and feel replenished. It has a lighter texture, it doesn't make the water you mix it in heavier, like excell does. I also don't notice the gas on XTEND. I recommend both products, as they are both, almost equally important.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Ultimate Nutrition's HorsePower

Review: 4.5/7

Summary:
This product gives me very good pumps and endurance in the gym. The taste is really good (lemon-lime), as for the Fruit punch I liked it less than the LL. The mixing is OK at best, it has glycerol and that tends to be clumpy. I can actually eat the clumps out of my shake, and while the taste is strong it doesn't make me want to spit it back out. The only thing lacking in this product is stimulants and mental focus. If they could throw some Glucuronolactone and caffeine and I'd call it a day. However, the recovery, pumps, and strength output with this product have been above par, and it is one of the better products on paper. I recommend this if you don't mind a pre-workout product with no stims.

-RR

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
NO Xplode

Review: 4/7

Summary:
This product is good if you need a kick before lifting. The energy, stimulants, focus are all top - notch. I didn't experience anything special in the way of pumps though. Taste and mixing were good, I had the fruit punch. I actually enjoyed the taste very much. Usually I feel like passing out after a workout, but this kept me energized for about 3 hours after my workout.

This product would be awesome if it wasn't so expensive. IN my opinion, I'd recommend Shock Therapy over this product, because, in addition to having 20+ more servings and being about $10 cheaper, it has added Anti-oxidants for health.

-RR