Remeron for weight gain? Experience?

pampama

Awards
HI I'm a 21 year old 6.1 foot 130lbs skinny guy and I have been trying to gain weight since ages but nothing helped me. So lately I talked to a friend and he mentioned Mirtazapine/Remeron to me, its an antidepressants which seems to make people gaining weight. He gained 40lbs on it. So I'm curious about this medication. Has anyone experience with Remeron? Or even another medicine which helps to put weight on? Thank you guys

h2bEK

Awards
Remeron stimulates your appetite, even so, I would have a hard time talking myself into taking an anti-depressant to stimulate appetite when I could just force myself to eat more...

pampama

Awards
I also heard that it slows my metabolism down which would be a nice side effect

appleyard

appleyard

Awards
dude, just eat.

it isn't that hard. force feed if you have to.

quit being a little girl about it.

pampama

Awards
Don't get me wrong I'm eating quite a lot compared to my roomate who is 220lbs. Is just that my metabolism is fast. And sometimes I'm not hungry enough to eat 5000 calories.

appleyard

appleyard

Awards
Like I said, force feed.

Get yourself a good weight gainer supp.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I was prescribed Remeron in 2008 and gained about 15 pounds in about 5 weeks because I was eating anything I could get my hands on. I was so stressed and anxious due to my job at the time that I felt nauseated all the time. That stopped when I started Mirtzapatine/Remeron.

It is used in Veterenarian circles to make dogs stop puking all the time. The drug stimulates receptors in your gut which increases your appetite. So along with the anti-anxiety effects, it increases appetite.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
dont take it. You wont like how it makes you eat. You will end up eating all night long.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
that stuff isnt cool at all , why F%CK with your brain if you dont need to?

mmk64

Awards
Check out the peptides section of the forum and read up on GHRP-6. Having to take an anti-depressant when you are depressed sucks, taking one when you are not is just foolish.