Religion and the Sauce.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
I will give you one example that took me all of 2 minutes to find, this from the "Prayer Request" thread. "I pray everyone finds the peace through Jesus when they need it most and those who are lost see the light."

Really? My logic is flawed and nobody on here questions anyone else's religion? Notice that the clear implication here is that EVERYONE needs Jesus and not believing in Jesus means you are "lost" and need to "see the light."

Is it hard to see how that might be an affront to others?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will give you one example that took me all of 2 minutes to find, this from the "Prayer Request" thread. "I pray everyone finds the peace through Jesus when they need it most and those who are lost see the light."

Really? My logic is flawed and nobody on here questions anyone else's religion? Notice that the clear implication here is that EVERYONE needs Jesus and not believing in Jesus means you are "lost" and need to "see the light."

Is it hard to see how that might be an affront to others?
My question here is... why would you voluntarialy go into a thread that blatantly announces what it is? That should have been a big sign that you would be offended.

Do I defend that statement? No I do not. If that offended you, speak up, I am sure it would have been rectified immedietly. Don't make your first battle someone calling my heavenly father santa clause.

Adams

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am goin to clear this up once more for ALL of us.

The original post should or could be stated more politically correct and or more sensitive to the diversity of our race...the human one.
What I am curious though, is how some of you guys felt about using juice and being religious at the same time. I noticed there are a lot of PEOPLE OF FAITH on this board, and I have heard a few arguments from both sides of the story.
If you are not a juicer then you need not post.
If you are not a person of A FAITH then you need not post.
If you are a person of A FAITH ALONE then you could post.
if you are a person of A FAITH who also JUICES then this is your time to share.

The issue here is not your god, the God, Jesus or if there is a god or a God and or your denomination otherwise.

This gone circular hundreds of times in hundreds of ways. Please remain with the topic and these general guidelines. Departure from such that results in further attacks or insults will result in immediate closure.

Forgive me if this sounds dominating or controlling but we have been down this street and around this block so many times and it never fails to result in the same ending. Hypersensitivity and offensiveness always seem to go hand in hand in these matters. Prove me wrong this time...or not. The choice is yours.

Thank you for understanding.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
I was very hesitant to post this thread at first, but I think it has been very well received.

I agree that the only way a topic like this can be openly discussed is through mutual respect and understanding of your peers and the acceptance that the differences between two beliefs is about as different as the color of your eyes. We are all just trying to get through the day a better person, and it isn't what path you walk down, it's how you walk down that path.

Any religions other than Christianity care to post their thoughts on this subject? I know you posted about the Havamal Night Wanderer, that is a Viking (excuse my ignorance if I am not using the right term) book right? I know it comes from scandinavia or iceland, right?...
by the way i am muslim ! wich means submit to god! if u did read my posts i do belive in jesus son of marry as a prophet of god and on his return!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
by the way i am muslim ! wich means submit to god! if u did read my posts i do belive in jesus son of marry as a prophet of god and on his return!
Sorry man, I didn't mean to leave you out. I read your posts, I just must have missed that, I assumed you were Christian because you were talking about Jesus. Forgive my ignorance, I do remember learning in school that Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet of God.

So are you saying that in your opinion, as a Muslim, that you do not have any religious issues with the use of steroids?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The original post should or could be stated more politically correct and or more sensitive to the diversity of our race...the human one.

If you are a person of A FAITH ALONE then you could post.
if you are a person of A FAITH who also JUICES then this is your time to share.

The issue here is not your god, the God, Jesus or if there is a god or a God and or your denomination otherwise.

This gone circular hundreds of times in hundreds of ways. Please remain with the topic and these general guidelines. Departure from such that results in further attacks or insults will result in immediate closure.

Forgive me if this sounds dominating or controlling but we have been down this street and around this block so many times and it never fails to result in the same ending. Hypersensitivity and offensiveness always seem to go hand in hand in these matters. Prove me wrong this time...or not. The choice is yours.

The almighty B speaks (Bad pun).... Now you will doith his command ye. :D

Adams

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Really huh? Your logic is far beyond flawed. Do people speak of their religon? Sure, christianity being an abundance. But you tell me ONCE where anyone questions others beliefs. We are very open minded here. If you pray to Allah, fvck start a post wishing the praise of allah to others. What isn't tolerated is people telling you your god is false.

If you see something Christian oriented... guess what, skip that post. Its a little different when some one calls your all Omnipotent santa clause.

Adams
Adam let me correct sumthig in your post no offense! Allah is arabic translation of god in english ! arab christians say allah, arabic bible it s allah, and in the orginal jesus laguang armaic god is allaha! u can check aramic bible stillefew pp use that language now days i guess sumwhere in syria, jordan , palestine!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adam let me correct sumthig in your post no offense! Allah is arabic translation of god in english ! arab christians say allah, arabic bible it s allah, and in the orginal jesus laguang armaic god is allaha! u can check aramic bible stillefew pp use that language now days i guess sumwhere in syria, jordan , palestine!
Okay... let me preface my last post with... I didnt know that. :D

Well your God Allah. :D

Adams

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established

If you are a person of FAITH ALONE then you could post.
if you are a person of FAITH who also JUICES then this is your time to share.

I completely support the closure of this thread if it gets out of hand. It wasn't my intention.

I mentioned Christians in the first post because I have noticed many Christians on this board, and simply that. It made me think that there were many people on the board who were religious, I just happened to notice the Christians. I was not referring to this subject being entirely about Christianity and steroids, I would have named the thread "Christianity and Steroids" if that were the case. My apologies if my wording was unclear. My intentions were that of which you stated, those of Faith.

For the last time, this is not an argument about religion. If you guys can't stay on subject, please B5150, do close this thread as I have no desire to be the reason for people to slander each other on the topic of faith.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Technically, atheism is defined as "without belief in god" as opposed to "belief in NO god."

Suspending belief until evidence in either direction is sufficient to make a decision makes one an atheist.
I might be way off here but I've always thought a "suspended belief" in God (the "I just don't know" stance) was agnosticism vs. atheism which affirmatively denies the existence of God (the "there is no God" stance).

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might be way off here but I've always thought a "suspended belief" in God (the "I just don't know" stance) was agnosticism vs. atheism which affirmatively denies the existence of God (the "there is no God" stance).
Your right, Agnostic believes in God their own way, Atheism is strait forward, there is no God/Afterlife/Creation

Adams

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Sorry man, I didn't mean to leave you out. I read your posts, I just must have missed that, I assumed you were Christian because you were talking about Jesus. Forgive my ignorance, I do remember learning in school that Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet of God.

So are you saying that in your opinion, as a Muslim, that you do not have any religious issues with the use of steroids?
hey no problem, it s my fault i didnt mention it ! and i do ove belive in jesus pece be upon him, i didnt wanna start with i am muslim cuz miost cases its gonna turn into flaming islam, muhammed pece be upon! like i thread " peace in middle east " som ppl even wished me hell! but thats ok i might be like that if i knew islam through TV.
Back to the thread in my opinion steroids could be sin but it depends the way use them ! and why u use them!
if u use it in irresponsible way that can hurt u r health so it is sin, since u r destructing what god gave u!
now , in the case u use safest as possible but in purpose say to show off and get girls for sex, it became a sin since u using steroids as tool to commit sin!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
IMO -

Agnostic means that you believe that it is completely possible for a higher power to exist, and that it could be just as possible for that power to be non-existant, while Atheism affirms that you believe that no higher power exists.. I personally am Agnostic. I believe that each individual religion could be just as correct or incorrect as the next, and that it is not what you believe in, but how you go about your beliefs that truly says what you believe in and your strength in that belief. Who am I to say who is right or wrong. If it helps you be a better you, than by all means, I think it's awesome.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
hey no problem, it s my fault i didnt mention it ! and i do ove belive in jesus pece be upon him, i didnt wanna start with i am muslim cuz miost cases its gonna turn into flaming islam, muhammed pece be upon! like i thread " peace in middle east " som ppl even wished me hell! but thats ok i might be like that if i knew islam through TV.
Back to the thread in my opinion steroids could be sin but it depends the way use them ! and why u use them!
if u use it in irresponsible way that can hurt u r health so it is sin, since u r destructing what god gave u!
now , in the case u use safest as possible but in purpose say to show off and get girls for sex, it became a sin since u using steroids as tool to commit sin!
You have every right to be Muslim my friend. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant. The only reason you find responses to your religion like that is because people are uneducated and scared. It is unfortunate what the past few years have done to our country and it's opinion of the Middle East and Islam. I have quite a few friends who are Middle Eastern Muslims, and they are some of the kindest, most intelligent, and open minded people I know. Unfortunately it is the fundamentalists and radicals (OF ANY RELIGION) who tend to catch the most attention, even though they often are not good representatives of the majority of the faith that they follow.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Okay... let me preface my last post with... I didnt know that. :D

Well your God Allah. :D

Adams
it s ok, i knew u didnt know that! since i did assume the definition of the word Allah was from the media! i guess i would think teh same if i was in your place!

take care

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
So it seems like the general consensus is that most people here feel no conflict btwn juice and their religion. One thing I was thinking - how do ya'll think g-d feels about bodybuilding besides juicing?

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
You have every right to be Muslim my friend. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant. The only reason you find responses to your religion like that is because people are uneducated and scared. It is unfortunate what the past few years have done to our country and it's opinion of the Middle East and Islam. I have quite a few friends who are Middle Eastern Muslims, and they are some of the kindest, most intelligent, and open minded people I know. Unfortunately it is the fundamentalists and radicals (OF ANY RELIGION) who tend to catch the most attention, even though they often are not good representatives of the majority of the faith that they follow.
I do understand that, maybe i would be like that if i was american,
believe me when it comes t those dogs from hell aka terrorists! i know how it feels since i grew up on that, i am still livin that in my country ALGERIA" north africa", had familly killed...ect .
peace!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait a second. What general consensus. 90% of the posting in this thread is off topic. That leaves about 5 opinions on the topic. Not quite the general consensus of the board. Wouldn't you agree.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
"blacks are stupid, lazy, etc...," .
Man if only i was to make a signature out of this.....just jokin i realize im taking it out of context.

If you asked a religious scholar, they would say that anything that alters you body designed by god is "immoral".

For example if you get a tatoo they wont bury you in a jewish cemetary, and christianity is really judaism part 2 since Jesus (Yeshua) was a jew. He never created a religion, his later followers did. They used the torah to make the first 5 books of the bible then added a bunch of storys over the years. Add in some Roman emperors opinions on things, sprinkle in a little Pope and presto you've got the bible.

So if you take the Bible at face value, your going to hell for altering your body because god created it that way.

If you take the Bible as a bunch of storys put together by people that adjusted what jesus said to fit their own needs, then i would go with do whatever makes you feel good.

I've got a lifetime of religious school behind me, with a few years of public school in there too, depending on where we lived.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
So it seems like the general consensus is that most people here feel no conflict btwn juice and their religion. One thing I was thinking - how do ya'll think g-d feels about bodybuilding besides juicing?
JUICING could be sin, but it depend the way safe or not and th reason!

if u mean bodybuilding as cult ! live and die 4 that get obessesd ...ect it become than worshiping u r body it turns into real sin ! it ll be u r deity!

but if u do it in way be healthy, get strong ,take care of u r body , than it becomes good action, u can even get reward for it from god!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing I was thinking - how do ya'll think g-d feels about bodybuilding besides juicing?
I stated this before and it still applies here, less the steroid:

If I place my focus and priority of the things derived from bodybuilding above and before my Creator than I have a problem on my end with the relationship. JMO on the matter and the question.

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
Steroids didn't exist when the bible was written, non issue to me. Steroids are just another product used to create lean muscle mass and lose fat through manipulating hormones. The legal issue shouldn't matter, because the legal issues change from country to country, there is no almighty law on steroids.

Still though, cool thread and a good read.

One things for certain, and that's that Gakic Hardcore is a gift from God himself.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Steroids didn't exist when the bible was written, non issue to me. Steroids are just another product used to create lean muscle mass and lose fat through manipulating hormones. The legal issue shouldn't matter, because the legal issues change from country to country, there is no almighty law on steroids.

Still though, cool thread and a good read.

One things for certain, and that's that Gakic Hardcore is a gift from God himself.
I do think the general consensus among all of us, even those that don't have very strong religious opinions, is the use of muscletech products is blasphemy. ;)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Steroids are illegal, so by virtue of that alone, its definitely not the Christian thing to do.
It is the duty of every Christian to obey the laws of the land as long as they do not conflict with the law of God.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That has been turned into a technicality. Agnostics are a form of atheist.

The very word, a-theism, means absence of belief in god for any reason. I would not be a good scientist if I stated unequivocally that there is NO god, since we do not have all the evidence yet (if we ever will). That sort of mean agnostic, yes, but due to that state of knowledge it can definitely be stated that AT THAT MOMENT there is an absence of belief in a god...therefore Atheist.

It is not positive belief system asserting anything, it is more of a neutral position that can also contain negative belief.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
That has been turned into a technicality. Agnostics are a form of atheist.

The very word, a-theism, means absence of belief in god for any reason. I would not be a good scientist if I stated unequivocally that there is NO god, since we do not have all the evidence yet (if we ever will). That sort of mean agnostic, yes, but due to that state of knowledge it can definitely be stated that AT THAT MOMENT there is an absence of belief in a god...therefore Atheist.

It is not positive belief system asserting anything, it is more of a neutral position that can also contain negative belief.
hmm.... Interesting.

HardTrainer

HardTrainer

Awards
I beleive the term 'anti-theist' is most commonly used for a person who conciously beleives that there is NO god.

So arguably both agnosticism and anti-theism are both forms of atheism... just to make things simpler.

Personally, I avoid using -ists and -isms to describe myself. I find it just confuses the issue. If I tell someone that I am an atheist (for example), there's no guarantee that that person will have the same understanding of the word as I do. Which can lead to surreal arguments where there is actually no conflict of opinion.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I avoid using -ists and -isms to describe myself. I find it just confuses the issue. If I tell someone that I am an atheist (for example), there's no guarantee that that person will have the same understanding of the word as I do. Which can lead to surreal arguments where there is actually no conflict of opinion.
You sound like a non-definitionist who subscribes to the school of anti-categorism. :)

dkkon1

dkkon1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I stated this before and it still applies here, less the steroid:

If I place my focus and priority of the things derived from bodybuilding above and before my Creator than I have a problem on my end with the relationship. JMO on the matter and the question.

My thoughts exactly. :)