Reggie's Log

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I just cracked open a tub of USPlabs watermelon Aminolift and this is what's inside
View attachment 102113
Lmao!!! Are you kidding me? Seems like a bit of false advertisement on the packaging size. It's like the hot girl with huge boobs that once you get her out of her clothes you realize it was all bra!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I just cracked open a tub of USPlabs watermelon Aminolift and this is what's inside
View attachment 102113
Lmao!!! Are you kidding me? Seems like a bit of false advertisement on the packaging size. It's like the hot girl with huge boobs that once you get her out of her clothes you realize it was all bra!!
Wow. That's reeeeally far down there. They could save on cost of materials & be more green if they went with more appropriate packaging. Hope you like it, though!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow. That's reeeeally far down there. They could save on cost of materials & be more green if they went with more appropriate packaging. Hope you like it, though!
The taste is ehh. I'll post up a review later on it. Another thing that pisses me off is I took "advantage" of the inner circle "special deal" of 29.99 for 2 tubs. Sounded like a good deal at the time. NP is selling it for 14.41 a piece. Hmmm guess I should've waited

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 102176
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401907786.923486.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401908215.473864.jpg

Packaging- 2/5
This is due the the excess packaging they are using for this.

Mix ability- 3.5/5
Mixed fairly well but did leave some sediment at the bottom.

Taste- 2/5
This is the watermelon flavor. It has a earthy, almost Multi vitamin aftertaste that I'm not a fan of.

Energy- 4/5
Obviously I wouldn't normally include energy with a bcaa product however AminoLift has 100mg of caffeine per serving.

Recovery- 4/5
Very slight doms today.

Overall- 3/5
I rounded up a little on overall. Unfortunately this is the second USPLabs product in a row that I have been less than impressed with. Almost seems like they are pushing new products out before they are ready :(

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really appreciate the honest review Reggie - now I definitely know to try the Fruit Punch if I try this. Watermelon's not usually my flavor anyway. You know, I think it's overpriced, but Optimum Nutrition's Amino Energy is actually pretty enjoyable. Probably this product's #1 competitor. Buddy at the gym's dad has a Pro card & gets all kinds of supps from endorsements, so he gives a lot of it to his boy. He apparently didn't care for it at all, so he gave me an almost full tub. Me and another guy at work killed it in a month or so; really nice in some cold water working in the summer heat (it was Fruit Punch). I liked it enough I considered picking some up, but it's pricier than this product.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really appreciate the honest review Reggie - now I definitely know to try the Fruit Punch if I try this. Watermelon's not usually my flavor anyway. You know, I think it's overpriced, but Optimum Nutrition's Amino Energy is actually pretty enjoyable. Probably this product's #1 competitor. Buddy at the gym's dad has a Pro card & gets all kinds of supps from endorsements, so he gives a lot of it to his boy. He apparently didn't care for it at all, so he gave me an almost full tub. Me and another guy at work killed it in a month or so; really nice in some cold water working in the summer heat (it was Fruit Punch). I liked it enough I considered picking some up, but it's pricier than this product.
No problem Hyde! I would say the only positive to the AminoLift would be the price at one scoop. However if you do the max dose of 3 scoops that equals 10 servings. 10 servings for 14.00 isn't in my opinion worth it. I have a jug of fruit punch as well that I will be trying out when this watermelon is gone.

I'm a fan of every ON product I have tried thus far so I will give their Amino Energy a try.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good review... What was the other product you tried and were not all that fond of?

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Versa 1 was the other product. It was decent but not near what the reviews were saying. At least not for me anyway.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I couldn't tell the slightest difference on Versa 1.
I noticed a huge focus on versa-1! I actually liked it a lot. I thought I wouldn't like it but half way into my first bottle it was on

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't notice much on Versa-1 either. But, I stopped short if the full bottle. Someone told me it was in recall for liver issues, but I could not find any info on that.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I didn't notice much on Versa-1 either. But, I stopped short if the full bottle. Someone told me it was in recall for liver issues, but I could not find any info on that.
Oh that's not good!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't heard anything on liver issues myself but that doesn't mean it's not true.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't it the same ingredient as in Enhanced which is why that got yanked too? I think aegiline

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro! I had just gotten up so I was a little tired and the Game Day hadn't kicked in yet.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice review Reg. Definitely agree with your assessment of tigers blood.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did a job for my landlord today cleaning up a yard of one of his renters. The guy bought the place and then gets a job on the other end of the state. Instead of selling it he has a couple guys come do work on it from time to time, and it sits empty. Problem is they don't clean up their mess. They haven't been back in over a month. This time they left the yard full of good new lumber from 2x4s to 2x12s. They were also nice enough to leave a truckload of wood with nails and screws in it just thrown out in the yard. Anyways that's how I spent my morning. ****ty thing is it's been beautiful out and today felt more like winter.

Coming down to the end of my run with FRL Alpha Hard. Definitely seems like I've put on size visibly but I'm nowhere near tipping the scales. Training has been good though. Not really stronger but definitely more endurance!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been great working weather here as well. Those jobs have the benefit of providing a good lifting workout as a side benefit.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely a great full body workout. Not to mention all the sun I've been getting or I should say had been getting. Got down to 42 degrees here last night

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started running FitMax this afternoon. Finished up my Alpha Hard and starting reboot tomorrow.

Took one scoop of FitMax and hit chest. Not as much kick on one scoop as I generally like so upping it to 2 scoops tomorrow. I have the strawberry kiwi flavor which isn't too bad.

Let's talk Alpha Hard

Overall it was a good bulk. I wished my diet would've been more dialed in and my life would've been a little more sane and I think I would've gotten much better results. Also having quite a few of the caps turn to powder really shortened the run. I did put on size however with that came a lot of fat. My muscles do look significantly fuller and my endurance and libido were increased quite a bit as well. My vascularity stayed about the same however which is surprising considering the increase in fat.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I still have to so my final review on the stack. I've just been so busy with work and studying it's not even funny!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Father's Day Reg!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Father's Day Reggie! Enjoy the day!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn I need to either do mma training or stop all together. Went again tonight after skipping way too many days. I gassed again grappling and struggled to keep my explosiveness the rest of the way. Skipping it so much also doesn't give my body enough repetition to not hurt like a son of a bitch the next day

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's like developing the powerlifts or olympic lifting, really: you really have to fully commit if you wanna make tangible progress. It will be whatever you put into it. Except, if I take my time, I just won't get stronger. If you don't practice often enough, you're gonna get a broken nose :shock:

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's like developing the powerlifts or olympic lifting, really: you really have to fully commit if you wanna make tangible progress. It will be whatever you put into it. Except, if I take my time, I just won't get stronger. If you don't practice often enough, you're gonna get a broken nose :shock:
Absolutely, although my standup is good it's just my grappling cardio is lacking. I can go good for a little bit but then completely lose any explosiveness I need to get better positioning