Recovery of the Gods with Purus Labs AminOD!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! Huge shout out to all Purus Labs reps for allowing me to run this sponsored log for their product AminOD! Im an avid believer that Amino Acids really do help with the recovery process although some people believe that its pretty much useless. Ive always loved amino products and swear by them so again, Im very grateful that Purus Labs hooked me up! Im sorry for the delayed first post. I got the package saturday afternoon and had to drive home to pick it up before I left for school, BUT THEN I get to school on sunday and they have a campus-wide announcement that the internet/Wifi will not be available until today at roughly 4PM. SO I figured oh well no big deal, but then I realized that I also have no data on my phone to make a post saying whats going on (I know looks sketchy or like im making up excuses) But im being honest and Ill make it up to everyone with a kick ass log!

SO lets dive right into everything shall we!? I like making my logs bold and colorful and as detailed as it allows without rambling. I believe thats what sets apart good loggers from those who are doing it just to get free product. So some of my posts may be fairly short, while others may be a bit lengthier! I try to do a update on the product, and my thoughts on it once per week so also look forward to that. Note that ive already used this product twice this week but havent been able to post so im going to make these first 2 posts quick just because I have a 730am class tomorrow!

Name: Ryan
Years training: 7 but 5 seriously
Supplements used: All of them ;) But seriously Ive used almost everything in the natty category and havent jumped to the dark side yet.
Amino products used: Probably 7 or 8 different ones, If I could remember the names I would post them!
What to look forward to in the log: Well the main aspect Im going to talk about is recovery and anything in addition that I find it helps with intra/post etc. I do have non mandatory practices that I will be starting soon that run roughly 2.5 hours long followed by lifting so if there isnt a specific way that Im told to run this, I may use 1 scoop twice daily. Otherwise standard for me thus far was 1 scoop intra workout!

Thats about everything you need to know thats special. I chose the Strawberry Limeade flavor because it sounded delicious and absolutely was :D

How about we get into my first and second workout that I used with this? Also it is to be noted that I train for strength and full body power. I olympic lift 3 days a week, generally do a squat 3-4 days and so I will take all the recovery I can get!

[size=+4] WORKOUT #1[/size]

Back Squat
135x4
185x2
225x1
275x1
315x1
365x1
395x2
395x2
395x1

SO the 395x2 was a PR double! But I was supposed to hit 3... oh well still happy. had to spill the weights on the last set because I couldnt handle it! Legs were shaky!

Bench Press
45x5
135x4
185x2
225x1
245x1
285x2
285x1
285x2
285x1
225x4

the 285 for 2 was a PR although I was supposed to hit 3, I didnt have a good spotter and nutrition hasnt been the best.

RDL's
135x8
185x8
185x8

Dips

BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

Flat DB Bench
70x5
80x5
80x5

First workout in the books was great. Not going to say I noticed anything different on the first day or 2nd workout im about to post but I did really love the flavor of the product :D

[size=+4]Workout #2[/size]

Snatch
Complex with 45lbs
Complex with 95lbs
Complex with 135lbs
155x1
175x1
185x1
195x1+1 miss
195x2 DOUBLE PR
195x1+1Miss
195x0 2 misses

Not entirely upset with this because again my nutrition has been garbage lately!

Iso-Lateral 1 arm lat pull down
90x8
115x8
115x8

Iso-Lateral seated Row
90x8
115x8
115x8

Another solid workout in the books and although I didnt do everything that I had planned to because my body is pretty beat up and sore and have some minor strains, I am very happy with how things went!

Now tomorrow I may be taking the day off but I will update this log every day regardless of if I workout or not. BUT I will only be taking AminOD on days that I workout/practice so Im not wasting!

Well, I think thats everything I could say in a first post! ANy questions? Just ask!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
AB is IN

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Very nice intro!
Glad you like the flavor.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening all! Gonna make my log post tomorrow morning because I have a bit of reading and a lesson plan to type tonight, but I hit another PR and actually havent been too sore! (besides my trap being a little annoyed today). Ill make my full post tomorrow (as I usually post the day after the workout) SO that way I can be more detailed. But I hope everyone has a good evening!!

Shel_23

Shel_23

Awards
In on this! Logging their NOXYGEN so can't wait to see how their aminos go for you

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good afternoon everyone! Finally done with classes so I can type todays log. ALthough its going to be pretty short and sweet, yesterday was a very big day for me and a step i the right direction as far as mobility and strength are concerned. Not too much more to say as Ill probably be hitting the gym in a little bit, so lets get this underway!

1 scoop of AminOD was taken intra workout

THE WORKOUT

Clean
45x2
135x2
185x2
225x1
245x1
265x0 (2 misses but decent pulls)
265x1+1 miss
265x1+1miss
265x0 Bad Pulls and trap was sore

So Im taking a deload week next week considering Ive been lifting at above 85% of my 1rm for roughly the last 7 weeks. my body is beat up and everything feels very heavy. my right trap felt pretty sore, not necessarily strained, but very sore from all the heavy pulling lately.

Front Split Jerk
95x2
135x1
160x1
185x2
205x1
225x1 PR (for a good for jerk)
245x1 PR had a slight problem with the lockout but I think in a meet I would have gotten at least 2 white lights. SHoulder strength is coming nicely.

Like I said this was a huge step for me even though these were the only two lifts, I did (with a few abs after) The reason being was after unracking it, I took two steps forward and jerked it, almost in competition form. On top of that, it was the first time I had my hands wrapped securely around the bar and elbows parallel with the ground to perform the jerk, shelving it the best I ever had. I felt minor issues in my right rotator cuff but thats to be expected with my mobility problems.

EXTREMELY happy though with the workout. Today is just going to be a little bit of a bro day since the only real heavy lift I have would be behind the neck press if I choose to do that, it shouldnt affect my trap too much, otherwise just lookin like pause bench is the real heavy lift. Hope everyone has a great thursday and If I dont respond tonight its because IM watchin my Packers try and beat the world champs!!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all! Updating with my lift from yesterday today, I didnt quite do what I had planned but I still got a real good workout in! Starting to feel settled in to classes already which means no stress which means less injuries which means happier me! I can also dedicate an extra 30min to the gym everynight whether it be accessory work, abs, additional mobility, stretching, some light cardio, whatever. I basically just ant to get big, solid, jacked etc. So lets dive into the good stuff!

1 scoop of AminOD intra workout

The Workout

Paused Bench--I pause and kind of take tension of my chest probably letting 75lbs rest on my chest)
135x5
185x4
225x2
250x4 PR
255x5 PR

Huge PR's usually i work with 225 and thats tough! not to mention I was sore!! Maybe going to try for 265 next week for a pause.. the actual working weight I was supposed to use was 225 for 6x3 but i felt like my left pec Was too sore to go ahead and attempt 6 sets. This was a great surprise though after I was bummed out about not hitting my triples at 285 this week... I feel like I could get it next week easy even though I planned on deloading... it seems like im peaking now

Tricep Pressdown
42.5x10
72.5x10
72.5x10
80x10 (pr here at the gym)

cable curl
35x10
42.5x10
42.5x10

Unfortunately I dont feel any bicep work when I use dumbbells or an EZ bar. I only seem to feel it when using machines :/

1 arm Dumbbell Overhead tricep Extension
20x10
30x10
30x10

Machine 1 arm seated curl
40x12
60x12
60x12
60x10
These are my favorite builder for my bi's I can feel this the best and boy does it tire them out

And that was the workout! Super tired. but I get the day off. actually heading home for the night and all day tomorrow and then coming back to school saturday night! Unfortunately the packers lost last night and I wont make excuses for them but I think we are much better than we showed. On to next week!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
just going to note as well that im going to go ahead and make my initial review (week 1) either tonight or tomorrow night just to give some insight in what I think of the product thus far!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! after having off friday I put in some arm work yesterday in the weightroom, I was feeling pretty sore as it was so i decided to up the dose (just this once) to 2 scoops of AminOD.. The workout was pretty good as Ill show in a second but I wanted to say that AminOD is starting to show what it can do. Ill be typing up a little bit of a week 1 review this evening as well so look out for that... Lets get into it!

2 Scoops of AminOD Intra Workout

The Workout

Tricep Pressdown Warmup
37.5lbx10--Normal Pressdowns, Overhead Presses underhand pressdowns

Skull Crushers
50lbs+barx10
60lb+barx10
70lb+barx7 DROP 50x5 DROP 30x8

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl
29lbsx10
39lbsx10
49lbsx10
49lbsx10

Underhand Tricep Pressdowns
37.5x10
47.5x12
57.5x12
57.5x12

Standing Cable curls (independently on the cable flye machine)
15x12
15x13
20x12

Tricep Cable Kickback (no attachment)

10x12
15x12
15x10

Machine 1 arm bicep curl
45x12
60x12
60x12

And that was that

IN my opinion one of my best and favroite arm workouts and im actually really excited to do it again next week! Today I have off to watch some football but back to the heavy lifting grind of tomorrow!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Not bad

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good afternoon everyone! Had a great workout yesterday with PR's fueled by the AminOD!! Not too much to say here without spoiling it so I figured I should probably go ahead and dive right into things right? Lets do this!

1 Scoop of AminOD taken during the workout

The Workout

Back Squat
135x3
185x2
225x1
275x1
315x1
335x1
365x1
405x1 Ties Pre hamstring injury PR (this went up much easier)
410x1 5lb PR! WOOOO hit it clean no help everything felt good, was a little more hunched over than I would have liked but I still nailed it!

Bench Press
45x4
135x3
185x2
225x1
255x1
275x1
305x1 5lb Pr!
315x1 15lb PR!! Finallya part of the 3-4-5 plate club!!

RDL's
135x8
185x8
185x8

DB Bench
80x5
80x5
80x5
80x5
80x5

1 leg Seated Hamstring curls
70x8 (reaching a little here)
60x8
60x8

Miscellaneous abs and BOOM done!

SO happy that I hit two prs today, even if they were small, that squat was something I really want to be able to achieve on a regular basis. I want to be able to put 405 on the bar and hit it after warming up without feel nervous or needing a spot!

Again possible work out tonight but absolutely thrilled!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! Another great workout and Pr in the books as far as the complex goes! Really loving the recovery thus far on AminOD I promise Ill have my inital thoughts up soon, Ive been slacking a bit because of homework! Its been brutal but its no excuse. One thing I can comment on right now that I love is the fact that I havent taken any intra workout carbs recently and I can tell my recovery is BETTER than when I take intra workout carbs (gatorade or a waxy maize) And that is something I definitely need being that i squat up to 5 days a week and on top of that I have normal practice and conditioning!

1 Scoop of AminOD taken with about 25oz of water intra workout

The Workout

Power Snatch+Hang Snatch
Complex with 45lbs
Complex with 95lbs
Complex with 135lbs
155x1
175x1+1
175x0+1 (Missed the power snatch but did the hang)
175x0+1 (same thing)
175x1+1
175x1+1
175x1+1

SO I think I was thrown off on the 2nd and third set because I guy walked up behind me and started loading the bench in the rack I was in. It was frustrating because I was trying to be considerate but I also lost the snatches out in front of me for fear if i missed and stepped back I would hit him. Not only that but this kid didnt say a single thing to me the whole time he was there... Hang snatch PR at 175 nonetheless!!

Iso-Lateral 1 arm lat pull down
45x12
90x8
115x8
115x8

Iso-Lateral seated Row
90x8
115x8
135x8 (PR)

Miscellaneous abs and I was out!

Session was short and sweet but effective given that im supposed to be deloading as we do our test outs next weekend! Tried to hit close to my maxes but not true maxes and so we will see how this turns out when I max next week! I feel like anything is possible with AminOD! Recovery is on point and next week its colors will definitely show if im 100% going into the maxes!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening all! Had an off day today but yesterday was great basic day in the weight room! Back into the weights tomorrow though and itll be a fairly light day considering that i have max outs next week!

1.5 Scoops of AminOD taken intra workout

THE WORKOUT

Power Clean+Hang Clean
45x2 complex
135x2complex
185x2
205x1+1
205x1+1
205x1+1
205x1+1

Never really had successful hangs at this weight but I was able to drop and catch them and it felt AWESOME

Front Split Jerk
95x2
115x1
135x1
155x1
185x1
205x1
225x1 (pressout wasnt a very good lift)

Comforatble that I can probably push press 225 over my head though, shoulders seem to finally be coming more mobile. although my rotator cuff on the left side was fired up for sure!

Tricep Pressdowns
42.5x10
42.5x8
65x10
65x10
65x10

SUPER SLOW REPS. it burned

Isometric Oblique Hold
17.5x15sec
22.5x20sec
27.5x15sec woof

And that was that. overall a great workout! I had off today so I just wanna get to bed around 11 so I can at least get over 8 hours of sleep a night this week. Ive been tracking my sleeping lately and im currently about 1.5hrs in sleep debt (assuming I want 8hrs of sleep a night) so yeah Its a nifty little app I use! Back at it tomorrow for some paused light stuff and then test outs next week!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Awesome sesh how's recovery

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Awesome sesh how's recovery
Thanks man! recovery has been pretty good. One of the better Intra's that Ive taken thus far to help with recovery. Generally id supplement some intra workout carbs (like a gatorade or some form of waxy maize) but while running this there hasnt been a need to. now I know theres studies saying that intra workout carbs dont replenish glycogen sources etc, but it does help start my recovery faster, and this has surpassed it. So far ive been sticking with between 1-1.5 scoops (sometimes a heaping scoop depending on the day) and that seems to be a good spot for me (i did take 2 scoops one workout because I felt dead). SO Im probably going to keep the dosing there until the end of the log because its working great as it is!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! I didnt realize that I never pressed send yesterday when I typed up my workout so.... I guess I have to retype it! Sorry for the delay on that lets just dive right into everything shall we?!

1.5 Scoops of AMINOD in 25oz of water intra workout

The Workout

Pause Bench
135x4
185x3
225x2
245x2
265x2
275x1
300x1 PR A Huge Pr given that 300 was my overall bench pr less than 6 weeks ago!

Behind the Neck Jerk
45x2
95x2
135x1
155x1
185x1
205x1
245x1 PR by about 30lbs!

Felt great hoping for 275x1 by january!

Underhand Tricep Extension
50x8
57.5x8
65x8

Dumbbell Hammer Curl
30x8
30x8
30x8

Some weighted planks after that but aside from that that was all! A pretty short and sweet workout! Test outs are this week and I may bump up the dosage of AminOD just to get a little extra edge on recovery. But im super pumped for the 300x1 paused bench I hit! My goal I have written down was 325 by january1 but i may have to gun for 345!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
So I just thought Id give another quick update on this product or at least other things Ive noticed as I approach the last 10ish days.

The first thing being recovery has really stepped up. I wasnt necessarily eating anymore as my weight has been steady right around 241lbs the last week or so. I have upped the weights and a lowered the volume in preparation for the max out weeks this week. All my life I havent really responded to volume and high reps (8-12) as I have to low heavy reps, which usually leave me BEYOND sore. Well since ive started taking AminOD, Ive RARELY been sore after workouts. Infact, I added in some cardio lately (just 30min twice a week 10min walking on treadmil 10 on elliptical 10 biking) and Ive noticed that my legs arent really tired or have that feeling of lactic acid build up. Now im not going all out since its LISS but burning 300+ calories definitely should have me feeling some soreness. Apparently Not

The other thing that has REALLY stepped up, is muscular endurance as far as the length of my workouts. I generally approach peak week with very few sets and reps but I was able to up the amount of heavy singles and doubles ive been doing as well as add extra to the workout. ive been able to bring up my arms and chest a little bit more by adding more of the exercises to the end of my workouts. Not only that but being able to train an extra day on the weekend is great as well! Something I love doing! Im actually strongly considering picking up another tub after I finish this one if the price is right. Its now one of my top 2 Amino Products that Ive ever taken, it may move up to number one by the end of this log!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Awesome :) glad your liking it

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Awesome :) glad your liking it

For sure, absolutely loving it!

hey all, so as stated earlier last week, this week was out max testing week. Its not too hard on the body as far as volume goes but hard attempting some heavy weight! Yesterday was Just the clean day, it could be a full, or power anything in between. SO I tried to do my best rendition of a full clean and actually ended up maxing on a full clean :D

1.5 scoops of AminOD intra and roughly 8oz was sipped after the workout as well

Clean Maxout

45x2
135x3
185x2
225x1
245x1
265x1
Decided to skip the ever so elusive 275
285x0
285x0 (same problems that ive had before, letting it hang too far away from my body)
285x1 YASSSS 3lb pr but whatever its still a PR!! not only that but I caught it with one arm as my left hand slipped off it on the ascent!

Stopped after that because I knew I had a snatch max today and I wanted to do fairly well on that!

Well I no longer have the worst PR in clean ont he team (well aside from the freshman) So im happy about that and the PR was 3lbs but that means progress! Once the form gets better ill be good for 305 by the end of the year!

Snatch max today and hoping for that 100kg 220lb snatch!

Im feeling decent today, besides some minor pains/strains etc just from pulling heavy weight. I should be good for snatch today. SORENESS IS NEARLY NON EXISTENT. I honestly cant believe it, usually im draggin by the next morning after a workout but right now im feeling good, fresh, strong. So again we will see how today goes and see how I feel at the end of the week! That will be the true test of this product!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! SO as you know yesterday was snatch day and while this is my best lift technically (although it still has a lot of technical flaws) I was hoping for big numbers. I didnt get a huge PR but it was solid nonetheless. lets dive in!

1.25 Scoops of AminOD intra. and im considering bumping that up to 2 full scoops today in 64oz of water just because I have maxouts on bench AND squat!

Snatch Max

Complex with 45lbs
Complex with 95lbs
Complex with 135lbs
155x1
175x1
195x1
215x0
215x0
215x1 PR BY 10LBS

Finally!! The elusive 215 is mine!

225x0 But had a good pull and caught it before losing ot forward so I feel that 225 will be in my future really soon! Traps are extremely sore today as well!

SO basically Another PR. HItting them Weekly feels great, even if its not on the very important lifts! back to the grind this afternoon with a bench and squat max workout!

Overall Recovery has been great, i cant believe that after adding a long workout in these past couple days, that I was still able to perform the way I did. SUper happy about this. If I could get two more total PRs today that would just be icing on the cake!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the quality log so far!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quality log so far!
Not a problem man!

Good morning all! Yesterday was the last maxout of the week so the rest of the week is much needed down time. I probably will go in today and just do an arm workout but I have some bad news with the calf which I will get to during the workout! Not much to say otherwise so lets dive right into it!

2 full Scoops of AminOD yesterday. I took 1 and mixed it with about 20oz of water and used that during my dynamic warm up and the first part of bench testouts. I then took 1 scoop and mixed it in with a Powerade ZERO which actually combined was great flavor! That was used during the squat portion

Bench and Squat Max

Bench
135x5
185x3
225x2
255x1
275x1
292x1------ Ok well I asked for 295 to be put on the bar (lifting with teammates) so we had 2 45s and a 25 on each side and I put a 10 on the left side and my teammate puts a 5 on the right side, so im all sorts of uneven.. well I hit it and when I pressed it out my left pec felt a little more pumped and sore.. which affected my next lift.
315x.999999 So I was sore at wasnt entirely feeling it after having a messed up warm up one set before. Well I got it lowered it down touched my chest and it felt fairly difficult and for whatever reason I started driving with my legs first, causing my hips to rise just a bit. The spotter said he didnt help me which i may believe but his hands touched the Bar so it was a tying PR Ill count it. give me 4 weeks and ill probably end up hitting it cleanly

SO no Overall PR but basically I tied it

Squat
135x3 (hammy felt off here very tight/pulling)
185x2
225x2
275x1
315x1 Last no belt set
365x1 felt ok a little tougher than it should of but my hams finally loosened up.
HERE COMES THE FUN PART.
395x0 I have a cheap velcro harbringer belt, Descend was fine, on my way up my belt Flew off and my back started leaning forward causing a little pull in my calfs, a "squat morning" if you will, which before that my reps were looking VERY clean. so I walked it off and was ready to attempt a pr.
415x1 5LB Pr, but on my way up, about 6inches to a foot from locking out I felt the outside of my right calf Pop. fuk. It didnt hurt all that much unless I tried stretching pretty vigorously, but I rolled out on it and that hurt like a bich

So I did 5lb Pr but ill be heading to the training room to see if I tore/strained something (hopefully just a little scar tissue from my earlier injury) Hoping for the best though, I can walk no problem, just stretching it with my toes pointed out and going on my tip toes bothers it.

Im sure Ill be fine to start the new lifting program next week!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good news on the calf everyone! Their first speculation was that its nothing major, a soleus strain and some issues with the peristalses which is something that I can deal with right now. With the new lifting program I was going to be slightly upset if I couldnt actually start lifting but im going back in againvfor stim and ice today after my 1230 class and then monday they said that theyre going to evaluate it again and give me a final diagnosis. Otherwise no lifting this weekend just some hanging out relaxing being fat and ill post some pictures of food ;)

Looking at potentially my last full week of AminOD next week but there may be some spill over into the following week as well. Im super excited though because our new lifting program is coming straight from Penn State university T&F which is where our old throws coach went to!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all hope everyone had a good weekend, just giving a quick update. SO the calf had some stim and ice this weekend but the guys in the AT room set the electric volt a bit high and so it cramped my calf for most of the time, unfortunately im super sore today and was all weekend but im going to get it re evaluated today. Hopefully, aside from feeling the cramp pain, its all good! Otherwise starting a workout today and hoping its not too rough on it!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sore huh, did you skip your AminOD today? :lol:

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Sore huh, did you skip your AminOD today? :lol:

Of course not! I dont want to be "that guy" Who only logged it for a week because i was taking 3 scoops a day every day ;) Ive been using one scoop but today I think im going to be bumping it up to 2 just because im very sore!

Hey all! Sorry again for the lack of posting but there just hasnt been anything to type about int a while!

The verdict on the calf was minimum lower body this week, im good to practice and do a lot of the dry foot work stuff but staying away form anything explosive and weighted until at least wednesday. then next week i should probably be cleared to go ahead and get back into things!

1 scoop of AminOD intra workout and during practice

The Workout

Hang Snatch
95x5
95x5
95x3
95x3
95x3

Just working with the freshman on proper form here.

Incline Dumbbell Press
55x10
65x10
75x8

Was going for 10 but I kept getting ran into on my last reps because the gym was packed...

Lots of medicine ball work, stretching, rolling out, and riding a bike to get loosened up. A lot of the medicine ball work, was as I said before, just position work, but my chest and biceps are sore today from holding it! I couldnt do the squats snatch pulls and good mornings that were scheduled just to keep the calf safe and not overworked!

Ill be able to do more of the workout today as the calf is feeling slightly better but im still going to take it easy until next week and make sure this thing is 100%!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all no workout yesterday so nothing to update, just practice so i didnt take any pre workout or supplements in general for that matter, came back and had a decent workout today so tomorrow youll get to hear about that! Big tests tomorrow so its time to do some last minute studying!!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! SO to start out id like to say my calf is about 80% right now and hopefully itll be 100% by next week, i feel like its steadily improving which is promising. While Ive been doing essentially no lower body ive been doing a little bit of cardio post workout just to get the blood flowing in the calf. Ill post from the last 2 days since they were short workouts and ive been studying hardcore for tests these last couple days!!!

1.5 scoops of AminoD the last two lifting days. I used 1 scoop pre and then half a scoop intra with some water or powerade during practice

These workouts were fairly light on the olympic lifts mainly because were supposed to be teaching the incoming freshman how to properly do them..
[size=+3]
The workouts[/size]

[size=+2]WEDNESDAY
[/size]

[size=+1] Hang Clean[/size]
95x5
135x4
135x3
135x3
135x3

[size=+1] Bench Press[/size]
160x5
190x5
225x3
250x2
250x2
250x2

[size=+1] Standing dumbbell shoulder press[/size]
50x10
50x10
(sat down because these bothered my back)
50x10

Abs and then practice with light conditioning​

[size=+2]Thursday[/size]

[size=+1] Power Clean[/size]
135x4
135x3
155x2
155x2
155x2
these didnt seem to bother my calf much

[size=+1] Squat[/size]
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
Bwx3
135x2
135x2

[size=+1]
1 Arm Wide Grip Lat Pulldown[/size]
90x10
115x10
135x10 PR

[Size=+1] Latera Dumbbell Raises[/size]
25x10
30x10
30x10

Abs and then practice

So that was it! Those were my last two workouts this week. Calf is feeling about 80% right now but the training room doesnt seem to be helping me out at all on this stuff.. So im going to go in with about 300g carbs and kill some arms tonight, super pumped to see what I can do!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How'd it go yesterday?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
How'd it go yesterday?
Friday went great And arms were destroyed!

Hey all! I was out of town with some of my teammates yesterday just hanging out and doing other stuff so I couldnt post yesterday! SO lets get started with everything from Friday night!

1.5 scoops of AminOD in about 36oz of water intra workout, I went with a little bit more just because I knew I was going to annihilate arms

[size=+3]
The Workout[/size]

[size=+1] Close Grip bench Press[/size]
135x12
185x10
205x8
225x6
235x4
245x2
245x2

[size=+1] Incline Dumbbell Curls[/size]
25x10
25x10
25x10

[size=+1] Underhand Tricep pressdowns[/size]
50x12
57.5x12
65x12
65x12

[size=+1] 1 Arm Standing Cable Curls[/size]
15x10
20x10
20x10

[size=+1] Tricep Cable Kickbacks (no attachment)[/size]
10x12
15x12
15x12

[size=+1] Machine 1 arm cable curls Supersetted with Machine dips[/size]
50x12/150x12
70x12/170x12
75x10/190x12
70x12/too tired to do tri's :)

And that was that! I was super burnt out after that workout and my arms were essentially useless this weekend because of it. Even opening doors or pushing myself up was brutal! Today is a little bit easier but I hope that ill be set come tomorrow when I have to lift!! Overall were looking at 2/3 workouts left with AminOD and then at the end of this week or weekend I will post up a pretty detailed review on my experience with it!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all gonna throw this as an update because i was so busy today, this is actually the first time ive been in my room since 8 am! Im gonna do a dual post tomorrow from my last two days of workouts and let me tell you, they were great! Calf is healing nicely! Cant wait to post it all up tomorrow!

Unfortunately today was my last day of AminOD... :( was a killer workout too and im not sure how im going to feel without it! Look for a review and final thoughts either tomorrow or thursday!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey all gonna throw this as an update because i was so busy today, this is actually the first time ive been in my room since 8 am! Im gonna do a dual post tomorrow from my last two days of workouts and let me tell you, they were great! Calf is healing nicely! Cant wait to post it all up tomorrow! Unfortunately today was my last day of AminOD... :( was a killer workout too and im not sure how im going to feel without it! Look for a review and final thoughts either tomorrow or thursday!
Alright man, thanks for the detailed log!
We will look out for the review.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Alright here is my update for the last two days! I officially ran out of AminOD last night as I stated and im not looking forward to working out without it...

1 Scoop of AminOD in about 20oz of water over the course of both workouts!

[size=+4]
The Workout[/size]

[size=+2] Monday[/size]

[size=+1] Hang Snatch[/size]
135x5
145x3
155x2
155x2
155x2
155x2

[size=+1] Snatch Pull[/size]

155x2
155x2
155x2

[size=+1] Back Squat[/size]
135x5
185x2
205x2
250x2
290x2
335x2
350x2

These were odd numbers for working sets but im glad I got them!

[size=+1] Incline Dumbbell Press[/size]
70x10
then got kicked out of the strength theater because the football team is more important...

So that was my workout for monday! I cant say how happy I was to be able to do squats even though they felt terribly sloppy but im glad I got to do them! Progress in the making! going to get more grastin done today on the calf! And now for yesterdays workout

[size=+2] Tuesday[/size]

[size=+1] Hang Clean[/size]
135x5
155x3
175x2
175x2
175x2
175x2

[size=+1] Bench Press[/size]
160x5
190x5
225x3
250x2
270x2
225x8

[size=+1] Seated dumbbell shoulder press[/size]
65x10
65x10
65x10

[size=+1] Reverse Hyper Extensions[/size]
20x10
30x8
40x8

Abs and then practice with light conditioning

SO that was the workout ladies and gents! Feeling pretty good today and not sure if ill be lifting today or doing a thursday friday lift... I guess we will see how I feel!!

look for the review tonight or tomorrow depending on when I can pull myself away from all of these lovely exams!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all sorry for such a long delay between my final post and my review but i have been swamped! I know typing up a review would only take about 15minutes and theres not really a good excuse as too why I did that so im sorry to the Purus guys!

The Review

So I want to first say there isnt too much that I can base my review on so im going to talk about the couple things that mattered most!

Recovery 5/5- The most important aspect I saw while taking this was recovery. I stated numerous times within my log that it was absolutely amazing and probably my 2nd favorite recovery supplement that I have ever taken. In fact I hadn't changed my diet at all, but at the same time I felt that it was better than intra workout carbs as well as post workout carbs (extraneous as in a gatorade or dextrose). This was important to me because I trained 4 days in a row every week and then had a 5th day that I trained. Going with just 1 scoop (although I used 2 scoops on occasion) I noticed that my recovery had picked up, doms were not nearly as bad. I also squat 4 days a week and my legs were probably 80% recovered after every workout. Definitely a great product if youre lifting everyday or very frequently. On occasion I felt like I could have went back for 2-a-days.....

Endurance 4.5/5 While I know this is something you dont actually FEEL with aminos, I noticed that when I took it about 15-20minutes before my workout, my recovery in between sets was faster and so I could prolong my workout and do extra lifting/core/etc without feeling like total garbage after! Also, because I am a Athlete, I actually have practices after lifting and this was the first time in my 4 years of conditioning that I have not felt absolutely horrible post workout heading into practice. This was huge for me given that practices usually last about two hours after the hour+ of lifting. Absolutely great for keeping you up when you should feel toasted!

Taste/Mixability 5/5 First and foremost I know just about anybody who has used BCAA's can vouch for me when I say they genrally mix horribly. Not AminOD. Not only did it mix well (1 scoop in 20-32oz of water) but there was little to no foaming at the top which is something Ive experienced with ALL other Amino Drinks. No left over particles, no frothy top, just a smooth clean finish. And then not only was the mixibility on point, the Flavor was great as well! Probably the best flavored Amino's Ive ever had! I had the strawberry limeade (and cherry is my favorite flavored anything but this tasted just as good) and the taste was on point. Wasnt really any type of fake strawberry and the limeade flavor. wasnt super tart but did have a bit of a tart finish. I think its tough to describe taste in general so youll have to get some for yourself and try!

So in conclusion, after all is said and done, workouts were had, and gains were made, I would like to rate the Strawberry Limeade AminOD a 5/5!

Thank you Purus Labs for the opportunity to log a great amino product for you and I do hope that many others get the chance to at least try this! I know Ill be a repeat buyer if I can find it on sale in the near future!!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Bravo Bravo! You rock! Thank you for the kickass review!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Bravo Bravo! You rock! Thank you for the kickass review!
thanks man! Also forgot to mention I threw a review up in the review section as well! Before I forget to mention that :D

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
thanks man! Also forgot to mention I threw a review up in the review section as well! Before I forget to mention that :D
Appreciated :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey all sorry for such a long delay between my final post and my review but i have been swamped! I know typing up a review would only take about 15minutes and theres not really a good excuse as too why I did that so im sorry to the Purus guys! The Review So I want to first say there isnt too much that I can base my review on so im going to talk about the couple things that mattered most! Recovery 5/5- The most important aspect I saw while taking this was recovery. I stated numerous times within my log that it was absolutely amazing and probably my 2nd favorite recovery supplement that I have ever taken. In fact I hadn't changed my diet at all, but at the same time I felt that it was better than intra workout carbs as well as post workout carbs (extraneous as in a gatorade or dextrose). This was important to me because I trained 4 days in a row every week and then had a 5th day that I trained. Going with just 1 scoop (although I used 2 scoops on occasion) I noticed that my recovery had picked up, doms were not nearly as bad. I also squat 4 days a week and my legs were probably 80% recovered after every workout. Definitely a great product if youre lifting everyday or very frequently. On occasion I felt like I could have went back for 2-a-days..... Endurance 4.5/5 While I know this is something you dont actually FEEL with aminos, I noticed that when I took it about 15-20minutes before my workout, my recovery in between sets was faster and so I could prolong my workout and do extra lifting/core/etc without feeling like total garbage after! Also, because I am a Athlete, I actually have practices after lifting and this was the first time in my 4 years of conditioning that I have not felt absolutely horrible post workout heading into practice. This was huge for me given that practices usually last about two hours after the hour+ of lifting. Absolutely great for keeping you up when you should feel toasted! Taste/Mixability 5/5 First and foremost I know just about anybody who has used BCAA's can vouch for me when I say they genrally mix horribly. Not AminOD. Not only did it mix well (1 scoop in 20-32oz of water) but there was little to no foaming at the top which is something Ive experienced with ALL other Amino Drinks. No left over particles, no frothy top, just a smooth clean finish. And then not only was the mixibility on point, the Flavor was great as well! Probably the best flavored Amino's Ive ever had! I had the strawberry limeade (and cherry is my favorite flavored anything but this tasted just as good) and the taste was on point. Wasnt really any type of fake strawberry and the limeade flavor. wasnt super tart but did have a bit of a tart finish. I think its tough to describe taste in general so youll have to get some for yourself and try! So in conclusion, after all is said and done, workouts were had, and gains were made, I would like to rate the Strawberry Limeade AminOD a 5/5! Thank you Purus Labs for the opportunity to log a great amino product for you and I do hope that many others get the chance to at least try this! I know Ill be a repeat buyer if I can find it on sale in the near future!!
Appreciate the time you took to do this for us.