Reccomended supplements/brand for me?

JB Rekit

Awards
Currently I am only taking designer whey and soy protein and dieting appropriately within my schedule.

Background did a lot of lifting in the past from about 1998 to 2004 (college FB from 2000 - 2004) Since then, I have worked out very sporadically (averaged roughly 1 a week)and lost about 20 lbs (probably more muscle than that).

For the past 3 months I have been working out 4 days a week (haven't missed a workout) and have the desire to get back into it again.

However, now that I'm not having to worry about flunking a drug test for some random stuff (even too much caffeine will show up on the NCAA test), I would like to know what I should be taking preWO and postWO, vitamins, AA etc I should be taking regularly and any performance enhancer that I can get over the counter that would be worth while taking when I start to plateau.

And pleas let me know the brand and where I can get this stuff, b.c I know not everything is created equal.

My goal is just to build lean muscle mass and strength. I am 6'3" and somewhere between 205 - 210 with 13% body fat. I'm not too worried about the fat, I know it goes back down when I start working more.

Thanks,

John

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
A good multivitamin (AST Sports makes a good one), creatine (depends which kind you decide on), I find just basic creatine monohydrate works well. Although you'll find advocates of every kind here on the boards. And lastly some form of EFA, like Fish Oil (You can find these anywhere now a days). Those three are some good basics to have if you aren't already using them.

As far as OTC supplements, it depends on what you're looking for. You seem to want to build some mass. Are you looking for more of a stimulant or a testosterone booster? Or just open to trying anything non-hormonal?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you will make a lot of progress with simple nutrient enhancement/diet. BCAA's, Fish oil, solid protein supp (don't need to go crazy on the powder it's mainly for convenience). Read up on the difference aminos and what they do. You can decide from there how to go about perfecting your nutrient profile.

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For something to give a plateau breaking boost I'd go (if you want to stay natty) with USPlabs maybe some Anabolic Pump or Powerfull...What exactly are you looking for cause you mentioned the drug test thing. Are you looking at AAS?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I think nutrient partitioners may be a good idea at any stage of training, and could be considered as part of your diet. I am saying based on what I've researched, rather than from personal experience. If these supps work the way people say then my statement should be accurate.

JB Rekit

Awards
For something to give a plateau breaking boost I'd go (if you want to stay natty) with USPlabs maybe some Anabolic Pump or Powerfull...What exactly are you looking for cause you mentioned the drug test thing. Are you looking at AAS?
I probably won't ever get tested again for anything, I just mentioned it b/c we got tested randomly a lot during football, but now that I don't have to worry about it, I was wondering what would give me the best results as opposed to what would make it past a test.

As far as what I'm looking for, I guess the main thing is just a plan. Keep working out regularly, get my diet right, find out what other vitamins/supplements I should be taking on a regular basis, see what kind of gains I get from a better diet and then move on to some performance enhancers.

I'd rather space it out (diet exercise, then over the counter stuff, then testosterone/stack etc.) and keep getting steady gains instead of firing all of my bullets at once and having a hard time mentally and physically getting gains after that.

I'm not opposed to testosterone or things like that either. I did 2 cycles of T200 when I was done with football and it defiantly gave me noticeable gains. I just have no clue who to find anything like that from around here (just moved not that long ago)

But I am open to all suggestions. I've spent a lot of time reading the forums the past few days and know there are a lot of options, so I just want to plan ahead and do it right.

Thanks,

John

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well John, it sounds like you have a good understanding of the way to make gains. It's nice to talk to someone besides the "kid" who wants to jump on Superdrol after a week of training lol....Honestly you first need to get on the basics if your not taking them already: creatine, a good protien powder, a solid multi-v, some fish oil's and I would suggest a green tea supp in cap form or just drink the tea. I have ALWAYS had very noticeable effects from EGCG (green tea) and it's super cheap $5-6 a bottle. For now I would say definitely go with these and see what kind of results you get bro. Brands that I have always had good luck with would be BSN, Optimum Nutrition, Universal Nutrition and NOW. Hope that helps man.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Protein Isolate (whatever you like)
Creatine Monohydrate (made my nutraplanet in bulk supplies)
RPM (applied nut.)
Xtend (Scivation)
Beta-Alanine (made my nutraplanet in bulk supplies)
Multi-Vitamin (any brand)
Fish Oil (any brand)

That would be a great stack that is non-hormanal but still very strong.

JB Rekit

Awards
Well John, it sounds like you have a good understanding of the way to make gains. It's nice to talk to someone besides the "kid" who wants to jump on Superdrol after a week of training lol....Honestly you first need to get on the basics if your not taking them already: creatine, a good protien powder, a solid multi-v, some fish oil's and I would suggest a green tea supp in cap form or just drink the tea. I have ALWAYS had very noticeable effects from EGCG (green tea) and it's super cheap $5-6 a bottle. For now I would say definitely go with these and see what kind of results you get bro. Brands that I have always had good luck with would be BSN, Optimum Nutrition, Universal Nutrition and NOW. Hope that helps man.

Thanks, I think will definitely get everything you mentioned and stick with only that for about a month (start creatine about a week after the green tea and vitamin and fish oil) and then may start using a nutrient partitioner at the end of the month.

Is there any place in particular you would recommend to buy online or is it best to find a place locally?

Sprawl

Sprawl

Awards
First drop the soy. Use Casein or egg white powder instead.

Supps to consider:

Whey
Multi Vitamin
BCAAs- SciVation's Xtend is the sh1t
Casein or egg white powder
Fish Oil
Creatine
Glucosamine/Chonodroitin (sp?) - for joints
Caffeine- i love this stuff

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I think will definitely get everything you mentioned and stick with only that for about a month (start creatine about a week after the green tea and vitamin and fish oil) and then may start using a nutrient partitioner at the end of the month.

Is there any place in particular you would recommend to buy online or is it best to find a place locally?
Check your PM's bro...and yea ditch the soy that sht has alot of estro in it euck!!:fool2: