R-Andro attacking hair, shampoo needed asap

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

Hairs started coming out in shower today.
I need the very best dht blocking shampoo, which one is it?

Any experience?

Cheers

jathan_howe

Awards
Look into Pura D'or gold label. I'm not sure how much more effective it is than the blue label. Blue label has 12 DHT blockers I think, and gold has 15 or so

joemoney

Awards
Do you need a script for this or anyone can pick some up?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Pura D'Or Gold vs Blue only has one difference IIRC - It doesn't use a certain chemical (Phenoxyethanol) that the Blue does.

Edit: I stand corrected - Gold also has 3 more ingredients - looking at the site now. The 3 extra should be: Alma oil, Prunus Africana bark and Cucubita Pepo herbs.

No one knows which is best - never saw any studies :D I bought all 4 'Big Players' for ~$100 and made a Witches brew (probably a years supply of Shampoo). Also started Minoxidil at the same time, so no idea what helped, but bald spot is gone.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've bought regenepure dr, I read good reviews.

Anyone used this?

Bnbabt611

Awards
To be honest, I don't think any DHT blocking shampoo will work. There hasn't been any proof that DHT inhibitors through topical prevent the follicles from dying. You need to jump on ketoconazole - Nizoral--1% is available in stores, but you can order 2% through an overseas pharmacy: 2% is much more effective but hard to get. But that may not be enough, if you really want to keep your hair I would recommend quitting anabolics or jumping on a DHT blocker such as finasteride. I've used it for a long time, now don't get me wrong, I hate the drug, but it is a necessary evil if you want to keep your hair. I would start with the nizoral; 2% is the best but you can get 1% anywhere so start with that as soon as you can. If you decide to jump onto finasteride and have any questions just let me know.

joemoney

Awards
To be honest, I don't think any DHT blocking shampoo will work. There hasn't been any proof that DHT inhibitors through topical prevent the follicles from dying. You need to jump on ketoconazole - Nizoral--1% is available in stores, but you can order 2% through an overseas pharmacy: 2% is much more effective but hard to get. But that may not be enough, if you really want to keep your hair I would recommend quitting anabolics or jumping on a DHT blocker such as finasteride. I've used it for a long time, now don't get me wrong, I hate the drug, but it is a necessary evil if you want to keep your hair. I would start with the nizoral; 2% is the best but you can get 1% anywhere so start with that as soon as you can. If you decide to jump onto finasteride and have any questions just let me know.
You say you hate the fina, why?
Also, if you were taken something being that it blocks the DHT would it cancel out the affect of the other hormone?
I'm assuming you run all of it simalteneously....

Bnbabt611

Awards
I don't like finasteride because it is blocking the creation of the hormone that makes a man...well a man. It only blocks the 5-AR type II enzyme so you are still left with DHT production, but it does have an effect on you. As you lower DHT, your body compensates by creating more testosterone which leads to more estrogen. DHT is the antagonist to estrogen but since it is lowered by the fina, your body now has low DHT (masculine hormone) and higher estrogen (feminizing)--over a long term this can lead to sides. Now, the sides are not as crazy as the horror stories you can find through google, but it did cause my sex drive to slowly lower over a few years. What I do to compensate for this imbalance is take a low dose of arimidex every week as I feel needed. The adex blocks estro conversion so you have low dht and a normal estrogen level which pretty much halts the sides. The other thing you could do if you were experiencing or thought you were experiencing negative sides from finasteride is to do a 2 week cycle of nolva; if your sex drive jumps up dramatically you know that the problem is from too high of estro. That is how I figured what my problem was and then confirmed through blood test. So basically, I hate the fact that I have to take two drugs and play with my hormones for the rest of my life to maintain my hair. I've taken it for 15+ years, and also took a year off about 3 years ago. I do have essentially a full head of hair today (40 years old) whereas I should probably be noticeably thinning or bald. What I found when I stopped was that my hairloss picked up a little (not too significant), but I could definitely feel the surge in DHT.
I've ran just about every compound while on finasteride (tren, test, winny, deca, etc) and it has maintained my hair. If it does have a negative effect on gains, it is not noticeable. The one thing I also noticed was during the year I took off from finasteride, I did a test cycle and during PCT my hair started falling out like crazy whereas it didn't before, so I ended up jumping back on and hairloss stopped after a few weeks and then thickened back up after a few months. Now I'm committed to using it.
A couple things I've figured out from years of using finasteride:
- Always have arimidex on hand (exemestane will work , but is known to cause shedding on its own)
- Always have nolvadex on hand in case your estro goes too high and you develop symptoms gyno
- You can do a lower dose of finasteride and have same effect
0.5mg = 1mg/day from my experience.
I take 0.5mg on Sunday and Wednesday, and 0.25mg the rest of the days.
The reason I believe this works is because 0.5mg knocks the dht down significantly, and then 0.25 keeps is slightly suppressed until the next 0.5mg dose. This keeps dht lower, but not too low. At least that is from my own anecdotal evidence.

joemoney

Awards
I don't like finasteride because it is blocking the creation of the hormone that makes a man...well a man. It only blocks the 5-AR type II enzyme so you are still left with DHT production, but it does have an effect on you. As you lower DHT, your body compensates by creating more testosterone which leads to more estrogen. DHT is the antagonist to estrogen but since it is lowered by the fina, your body now has low DHT (masculine hormone) and higher estrogen (feminizing)--over a long term this can lead to sides. Now, the sides are not as crazy as the horror stories you can find through google, but it did cause my sex drive to slowly lower over a few years. What I do to compensate for this imbalance is take a low dose of arimidex every week as I feel needed. The adex blocks estro conversion so you have low dht and a normal estrogen level which pretty much halts the sides. The other thing you could do if you were experiencing or thought you were experiencing negative sides from finasteride is to do a 2 week cycle of nolva; if your sex drive jumps up dramatically you know that the problem is from too high of estro. That is how I figured what my problem was and then confirmed through blood test. So basically, I hate the fact that I have to take two drugs and play with my hormones for the rest of my life to maintain my hair. I've taken it for 15+ years, and also took a year off about 3 years ago. I do have essentially a full head of hair today (40 years old) whereas I should probably be noticeably thinning or bald. What I found when I stopped was that my hairloss picked up a little (not too significant), but I could definitely feel the surge in DHT.
I've ran just about every compound while on finasteride (tren, test, winny, deca, etc) and it has maintained my hair. If it does have a negative effect on gains, it is not noticeable. The one thing I also noticed was during the year I took off from finasteride, I did a test cycle and during PCT my hair started falling out like crazy whereas it didn't before, so I ended up jumping back on and hairloss stopped after a few weeks and then thickened back up after a few months. Now I'm committed to using it.
A couple things I've figured out from years of using finasteride:
- Always have arimidex on hand (exemestane will work , but is known to cause shedding on its own)
- Always have nolvadex on hand in case your estro goes too high and you develop symptoms gyno
- You can do a lower dose of finasteride and have same effect
0.5mg = 1mg/day from my experience.
I take 0.5mg on Sunday and Wednesday, and 0.25mg the rest of the days.
The reason I believe this works is because 0.5mg knocks the dht down significantly, and then 0.25 keeps is slightly suppressed until the next 0.5mg dose. This keeps dht lower, but not too low. At least that is from my own anecdotal evidence.
Good stuff man, I appreciate the info.... It's always good to know as knowledge is power... Thanks dude!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fina and NIzoral will work. In my case, I just lower the dose of my DHT androgens and use Nizoral 2-4 times per week. This is also why running a DHT-specific compound as a separate hormone as something to provide synergy to the rest of the cycle is best. This way, if you drop the DHT compound, you didn't inadvertently end your cycle, lol.

Finasteride can work but needs to be taken in very low doses to just to be safe in avoiding unwanted long term sides.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I use Nizoral. In Canada you can get 2% OTC so if you live close to a border, find a Canadian Costco and stock up. I get 2 bottles for $15 Canadian which is about $11 US.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
IMO if you aren't worried about the sides of constantly cycling Andros and other compounds, and you're really worried about your hair. You shouldn't be worried about fin either.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw zero benefits from these shampoos, accept some hair loss sides or don't run certain compounds imo

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw zero benefits from these shampoos, accept some hair loss sides or don't run certain compounds imo
Clearly there is some level of hereditary genetics at play with all of this. I usually try to take hair thickening supplements when I am not taking things like Masteron to get my hair back to the way it was pre-cycle.