quitting smoking on cycle= DISASTER!!

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
****ing hell anyone else even quit on cycle??

Near the end of my oral kickstart(sd and dbol, then running 1200 test and 600 tren for 10 weeks), about three weeks in and I decided I need to cop on and finally quit smoking. Its been two days, and for those two days I'm a ****in zombie... feel awful, blood sugar is so low I just wanna stay in bed all day, going between freezing and boiling hot every 10 minutes, no drive to workout....

anyone else quit smoking on cycle??

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Zyban (wellbutrin/bupropion) is approved for smoking cessation. Tell your doc you wanna quit smoking and heard it works, shouldnt be a prob. Side effects include imagining yourself performing lifts when you should be working, and a burning motivation to get to the gym and get swole.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Zyban (wellbutrin/bupropion) is approved for smoking cessation. Tell your doc you wanna quit smoking and heard it works, shouldnt be a prob. Side effects include imagining yourself performing lifts when you should be working, and a burning motivation to get to the gym and get swole.
i heard it just cuts down cravings...I dount it would help with the low blood sugar effects I'm having now from the nicotine withdrawal. the nicotine is what signals stored sugars and fats into the bloodstream,(extremely effectively too, moreso than food...) this wellbutrin stuff Ive read just acts on dopamine receptors in the brain to block cravings. Cravings are no issue, I have willpower for that.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
one question for those who quit....do you feel it was worth it??

ricka182

Awards
I quit smoking just over 1 full year ago. I have never felt better. I can hit the stairs with no problem, I don't get winded moving around, and just overall feel better. Plus I don't stink anymore...in a few more days you will know how bad butts stink.

But alas, part of me will always want to light up. I can see myself retired, kids all grown, all set to enjoy the elder life, and I'd be smoking again.

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Yeah youre right about dopamine and cravings. It also ends up blocking norepinephrine uptake, which some people like as it brings back some of the mental performance. Norepis also gluconeogenic, which should help with mobilizing sugar into your bloodstream.

Whatever.... What about a nicotine patch?

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
I quit smoking just over 1 full year ago. I have never felt better. I can hit the stairs with no problem, I don't get winded moving around, and just overall feel better. Plus I don't stink anymore...in a few more days you will know how bad butts stink.

But alas, part of me will always want to light up. I can see myself retired, kids all grown, all set to enjoy the elder life, and I'd be smoking again.
someone rep this man I negged him by accident sorry ricka!! :p

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Yeah youre right about dopamine and cravings. It also ends up blocking norepinephrine uptake, which some people like as it brings back some of the mental performance. Norepis also gluconeogenic, which should help with mobilizing sugar into your bloodstream.

Cheers didnt know that.
Did you quit smoking yourself? One thing I know for a fact that when I quit, (although I am on test/tren lol) is that I wont be able to maintain sub 7% bodyfat on my current bulking diet, since the nicotine is an antagonist to the insulin receptor... at this stage, the only genuine question I have is, is it really worth quitting? Smoking is something I love to do, its in my daily routine. Do I really want to live an extra 10 years as an old man??

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Yeah youre right about dopamine and cravings. It also ends up blocking norepinephrine uptake, which some people like as it brings back some of the mental performance. Norepis also gluconeogenic, which should help with mobilizing sugar into your bloodstream.<br>
<br>
<br><br>Cheers didnt know that.<br>Did you quit smoking yourself? One thing I know for a fact that when I quit, (although I am on test/tren lol) is that I wont be able to maintain sub 7% bodyfat on my current bulking diet, since the nicotine is an antagonist to the insulin receptor... at this stage, the only genuine question I have is, is it really worth quitting? Smoking is something I love to do, its in my daily routine. Do I really want to live an extra 10 years as an old man?? 

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm using e-cigs now... all the nicotine, none of the smoke. LoL

ManBeast

ricka182

Awards
someone rep this man I negged him by accident sorry ricka!! :p
No prob man.. I've done the same before..

Cheers didnt know that.
Did you quit smoking yourself? One thing I know for a fact that when I quit, (although I am on test/tren lol) is that I wont be able to maintain sub 7% bodyfat on my current bulking diet, since the nicotine is an antagonist to the insulin receptor... at this stage, the only genuine question I have is, is it really worth quitting? Smoking is something I love to do, its in my daily routine. Do I really want to live an extra 10 years as an old man??
I quit cold turkey. I had it planned perfectly, ran out of butts on Sunday Jan 2, 2011. Started Monday as my new year, new life. It was also part of my daily routine, although that routine broke down as I had tried to quit many many times. I eventually got to the point of only smoking after a meal or while drinking with friends. I bought my own place 3+ years ago, and refused to smoke indoors, which helped by not having the smell of butts, smoke, ashtrays, etc in the house. Also switching from full Marb Reds to Parli Ultra-Lights over many years made the nicotine addiction easier to break.

I took the weight gain in stride, eating as I felt I needed to. I gained weight. I didn't care. Losing weight was easier to quit smoking anyday. It is so much more mental than people think.

The other reason I quit was health. I didn't want to wind up like my Mother. She smoked for 50+ years, took her scripts for hdl/ldl, heart health, all that crap. She ate alright, never had fast food or other junk. She died just over 6 years ago. I cried at her empty bedside, promising her I would make her proud and do the right thing. After lying to her for years saying I didn't smoke(even though I knew she knew), I had to try. I tried and failed, tried and failed., tried and failed. I've since quit smoking, lost 9" off my gut(still more to go to be perfect), changed my whole life, own my house, paid off my truck loan, and am currently training for Tough Mudder. She would be proud, even most of the stuff she would call petty. She wanted me to be happy, and I know by staying healthy, and starting a good family, and being true to myself, I'll be happy...even if life sucks in general. It's a challenge I accept every morning.

I'm using e-cigs now... all the nicotine, none of the smoke. LoL

ManBeast
The only thing I hate about e-cigs, is they look like the cool thing for kids to do. Same thing in the '80s when parents said kids my age shouldn't have had candy ciggarettes. They all said it would lead to real smoking. I don't blame candy for me smoking. It was more of growing up in a house of smoke, and peer pressure. But I smoked, and I wonder what my life would have been like if I didn't. If I tried out for football or wrestling...Don't get me wrong, I'm happy now..but the wonder will never go away.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I am not on cycle of anything but I can tell you about quitting smoking.

I started when I was 15, and am 24 now. I quit on January 3rd of this year. First few days I was pretty short tempered and just felt weird not having a cigarette at all the usual times (waking up, after the gym, before and after school/work, before bed, etc.), but I feel SO much better now physically. I can tell a difference in the gym. My mouth feels cleaner all the time, my teeth are getting whiter, and I feel like my complexion is more youthful. I also don't have the anxiety of smelling like smoke or wondering if when I talk to a girl she'll smell smoke on me and be turned off.

I also am getting to the point where I feel a bit sickened when I see others smoking, especially younger people not knowing what they may be headed for. It also smells awful. And I can smell and taste everything much better...smoking dulls those two senses.

Good luck...it's the right choice. The only time I have trouble is if I'm having some drinks, which I've also cut down on that considerably as well just so I won't have to deal with wanting to smoke.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I quit smoking pot and cigs 4 years ago cold turkey, at 24.

I smoked pot regularly since i was 15, and cigarettes since middle school.

got married, and when the wife moved in, the weed moved out. about 3/4lb of pot down the toilet, and 15 fully grown plants in the dumpster. (which was raided and all plants dissapeared the next day, go figure)

never looked back after that night. no weed, cigs, coke, meth, nothing ever again since that night.

it can be done. you just have to really want it inside.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm not smoking the e-cig cuz its "cool" I'm using it as a tool towards quitting, and there is no way to argue that it is a lot better to take in vaporized nicotine (and only nicotine) than the thousands of other burning chemicals associated with an actual burning cig.

ManBeast

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
I quit smoking inadvertently at the beginning of the year and the beginning of a pct. It wasn't intentional, I caught the flu real bad for a week and stopped smoking in the process. It's hard to separate the nicotine withdrawals from the flu headaches and chills, but that week fuking sucked. Anyway, I'm clean now and happy it's over. Nice not having to self medicate every couple of hours just to maintain.

For those trying to quit, I'd either go cold turkey and expect 3 days of ****tiness. Or you could methodically wean down your number of cigarettes each day. Then maybe switch over to pipe tobacco to satisfy the craving of just smoking on something. Sometimes it's not just about the nicotine but the act of smoking itself. Puffing on a pipe is a viable alternative.

ricka182

Awards
I'm not smoking the e-cig cuz its "cool" I'm using it as a tool towards quitting, and there is no way to argue that it is a lot better to take in vaporized nicotine (and only nicotine) than the thousands of other burning chemicals associated with an actual burning cig.

ManBeast
I didn't mean to infer you were doing it to be cool.. Just that it appeals to kids as a safe alternative to smoking, which it isn't. As you stated, you're using them to quit. My concern is simply that a kid tries them, gets hooked on nicotine, then eventually tries the real thing and gets hooked on butts. I absolutly agree the added chemicals are 100x worse than just nicotine.. I wish you the best of luck in quitting. Making the decision to quit is the first step..

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
TY, sorry if I sounded snappy... caloric deficits do that to me :D

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain I quit 4 days before starting my current cycle and it is a rollercoaster of ups and downs.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
For all of you trying to quit, I wish the best for you. Its hard as hell to quit but its worth it in so many ways both for your health and the extra $$ saved.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice guys will rep you all when i get home

amethyst

Awards
go with the e-ciggs, wellbutrin will take your bp through the roof on cycle, easily spikes you by 20 to 30points for the first few weeks, with the sd you cuold have a stroke or start haveing seizures. Great support drug, just not on cycle.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
E-cigs can really help just don't over do them I have several friends they puff on an e-cig ever second of everyday and the moment they run out of fluid for any length of time they are either niccing out hardcore or buying a pack of cigarettes.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I go through a cart (~250 puffs) about once every 7-10 days, a bit faster than i used to go through cigs (a pack every 2 weeks) but then again I used to smoke American Spirits, and those things burned forever!

ManBeast

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
nah I just put up with feeling crap. switching to e-cigs is no good to me. i dont care if people say they arent unhealthy, you're still a slave to nicotine addiction

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Y'all just need to Google some cancer pics...mouth cancer images helped me get thru the first two weeks, which IMO are the hardest.

That was about a year and a half ago so all went well LOL