QUICK::: USPlabs needs some new TESTERS!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm here, dude! I've been out of training for a few weeks, have a pretty bad glute issue going on. Other than that, I've been doing CrossFit and BJJ on the reg. Training for life! Nice to see you still smashing.
Planning to compete in either, or just stay fit and healthy?

atilla94

atilla94

Awards
Alright guys here’s my review of ModernPre after going through most of a tub:

I started with two scoops, which, for a guy coming off a 2-week stim break, was more than stimmy enough. Normally, I go with high-stim preworkouts (>300mgs) simply because I don’t give as much credit to “sick pumps” as everyone else seems to; for me, energy and focus lead to a good pump, which, as I've said, doesn’t matter to me in the first place.

Flavor: I don’t care about flavor in an effective pre. At all. But, since it matters to some, the fruit punch flavor was as fruity and as punchy as anyone could ask for. 9/10

Energy: Paid attention here. Roughly 300mgs caffeine and I was feeling it, mostly thanks to the aforementioned stim break. The first four uses went something like this: 2 scoops, 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops, 1.5 scoops. I noticed a proper boost each time I took this stuff. I like the energy, which was clean and lasted. Of course, as tolerance built up again, the energy effects became less significant. Then again, this isn’t a Hyde/Ferox type product and never intended to be, so… 8/10

Pump: Gave me good pumps – more than what I would have gotten without. 7/10

Endurance: I do feel as though the product accomplished its stated purpose of increasing the number of reps I could squeeze out of any given exercise. I did feel strong and full of lasting energy throughout my workouts, though nothing crazy. 7/10

Focus: Some of my favorite pre’s have given me focus I couldn’t ignore -- to the point where they felt like drugs (because they were, in some cases). This supplement didn’t give me much focus. 5/10

Ingredients: I’m no biochemist but I have used more than enough supplements to know what to look for in a label. From what I’ve read in the past and experienced with some of these ingredients, I can say that most of the formula is on the right track with proven ingredients that have research behind them. The Citicoline, on the other hand, I would be willing to bet will become little more than a distant memory found in the occasional supp until it totally disappears. Also, the inclusion of carbs really chaps my ass. It’s not enough to “unketo” me but it still pisses me off. 7/10

Overall: Does it do what the label claims? It may. I’m inclined to say yes. Would I buy it? After some brief googling, I could not find it anywhere for under $30. This leads me to a strong no. If a tub fell out of the sky, would I replace my current preworkout with it? Only on days I wanted to go low-stim while still getting the few right ingredients to know I may be contributing to a better workout.
I give it a 7/10.

Thanks for the tub, I enjoyed it.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright guys here’s my review of ModernPre after going through most of a tub:

I started with two scoops, which, for a guy coming off a 2-week stim break, was more than stimmy enough. Normally, I go with high-stim preworkouts (>300mgs) simply because I don’t give as much credit to “sick pumps” as everyone else seems to; for me, energy and focus lead to a good pump, which, as I've said, doesn’t matter to me in the first place.

Flavor: I don’t care about flavor in an effective pre. At all. But, since it matters to some, the fruit punch flavor was as fruity and as punchy as anyone could ask for. 9/10

Energy: Paid attention here. Roughly 300mgs caffeine and I was feeling it, mostly thanks to the aforementioned stim break. The first four uses went something like this: 2 scoops, 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops, 1.5 scoops. I noticed a proper boost each time I took this stuff. I like the energy, which was clean and lasted. Of course, as tolerance built up again, the energy effects became less significant. Then again, this isn’t a Hyde/Ferox type product and never intended to be, so… 8/10

Pump: Gave me good pumps – more than what I would have gotten without. 7/10

Endurance: I do feel as though the product accomplished its stated purpose of increasing the number of reps I could squeeze out of any given exercise. I did feel strong and full of lasting energy throughout my workouts, though nothing crazy. 7/10

Focus: Some of my favorite pre’s have given me focus I couldn’t ignore -- to the point where they felt like drugs (because they were, in some cases). This supplement didn’t give me much focus. 5/10

Ingredients: I’m no biochemist but I have used more than enough supplements to know what to look for in a label. From what I’ve read in the past and experienced with some of these ingredients, I can say that most of the formula is on the right track with proven ingredients that have research behind them. The Citicoline, on the other hand, I would be willing to bet will become little more than a distant memory found in the occasional supp until it totally disappears. Also, the inclusion of carbs really chaps my ass. It’s not enough to “unketo” me but it still pisses me off. 7/10

Overall: Does it do what the label claims? It may. I’m inclined to say yes. Would I buy it? After some brief googling, I could not find it anywhere for under $30. This leads me to a strong no. If a tub fell out of the sky, would I replace my current preworkout with it? Only on days I wanted to go low-stim while still getting the few right ingredients to know I may be contributing to a better workout.
I give it a 7/10.

Thanks for the tub, I enjoyed it.
thanks for the review. We are working on the online pricing. Should see it at lower soon. Its amazing what happens online when you don't sell to Amazon.

it got you more reps, I'm happy about that...