Quick back pump questions

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ever get em more on one side than the other? …What’s the upper limit of taurine you all like? Thanx

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whenever I have that issue I use 3 grams of Taurine per day. I've heard of some people going higher though.

(Mine aren't anabolic related though - I just seem very prone to them)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whenever I have that issue I use 3 grams of Taurine per day. I've heard of some people going higher though.

(Mine aren't anabolic related though - I just seem very prone to them)
This! Taurine is always my go to for any back pumps.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've heard some guys use 5 I believe. I think @Smont may have used 5 before

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've heard some guys use 5 I believe. I think @Smont may have used 5 before
Ya 3-5 gm seems to work great for most ppl, if you take it all pre workout tho it might make it so you can't get a good pump so might wanna break it up. Unfortunately taurine dosent help me for back pumps and thats why i tried 4g and 5 g and once 5 didn't fix it i stopped. I actually think mine stem from a old injury. I do still use taurine for other reasons tho

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm pretty sure VigorousSteve on YouTube was the person I heard say up to 5gm for lower back pumps but I can't remember witj 100% confidence

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is a British brand called Strom Sports that does a hydration product meant to alleviate back pump issues. I use it myself but that because i like the ingredients. But it runs 5g Taurine per scoop and for bigger individuals the recommend 2 scoops a day.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is a British brand called Strom Sports that does a hydration product meant to alleviate back pump issues. I use it myself but that because i like the ingredients. But it runs 5g Taurine per scoop and for bigger individuals the recommend 2 scoops a day.

View attachment 234599
Oh that's the company that sponsors the drugs n stuff podcast with Scott McNally and Dave Crossland

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Getting them more on one side vs the other is a balance issue (more load exertion on the left vs right or more load planted on one foot vs the other deadlifting/squatting)

If I'm using something like sdrol I will take upwards of 8g of taurine on deadlift days lol. Off cycle I take taurine daily anyways around 3g.