Question about Beta Alanine and COP

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
So I have been taking these two supplements for quite awhile now and just had a quick question. How long will it take for COP and beta alanine to stop working once I stop taking them? I'm under the impression that COP and BA saturate the muscles in the same type of way that creatine does so even after I stop taking them they should continue to work right? I'm just wondering how long it will stay in my system. My paranoid ass ran out of COP and won't get more until Monday that's why I'm asking.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I have been taking these two supplements for quite awhile now and just had a quick question. How long will it take for COP and beta alanine to stop working once I stop taking them? I'm under the impression that COP and BA saturate the muscles in the same type of way that creatine does so even after I stop taking them they should continue to work right? I'm just wondering how long it will stay in my system. My paranoid ass ran out of COP and won't get more until Monday that's why I'm asking.
You'll live. Don't worry about two days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
BA has more of an acute effect so it won't matter much.

Cop should last for at least a few days maybe even a week so no big deal. Stock up and enjoy.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
BA has more of an acute effect so it won't matter much. Cop should last for at least a few days maybe even a week so no big deal. Stock up and enjoy.
Just an FYI BA is not acute, this is a common mistake as people swear they feel it working immediately from the tingling

" In the gastrocnemius muscle (mostly Type II fibers), studies that measure muscle carnosine stores note increases of 9.7+/-10.8% (2 weeks of 3.2g, increasing to 44.5+/-12.5% after 2 more weeks at 3.2g and 4 weeks at 1.6g) and 8.1+/-11.5% (2 weeks of 1.6g, increasing to 35.5+/-13.3% after 8 weeks).[43]

In the tibialis muscle (mostly Type I) these increases are noted to be by 17.4+/-9.6% (2 weeks of 3.2g) and 11.8+/-7.4% (2 weeks of 1.6g) with lesser peak levels of 21.9+/-14.4% to 30.3+/-14.8 after 8 weeks; the differences noted are in part due to dose, and in part due to lower baseline levels of ?-alanine in Type I muscles possible causing a greater increase acutely.[43]"

It is still saturating at 8 weeks, and I wager its effects may remain longer than COP.

A lot of people use it pre, but as it works by saturation it really makes no difference and in fact uptake is improved while dosing with a meal.

I really want to make a big post on common supplement misconceptions, for the new joiners. New task for my day

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just an FYI BA is not acute, this is a common mistake as people swear they feel it working immediately from the tingling " In the gastrocnemius muscle (mostly Type II fibers), studies that measure muscle carnosine stores note increases of 9.7+/-10.8% (2 weeks of 3.2g, increasing to 44.5+/-12.5% after 2 more weeks at 3.2g and 4 weeks at 1.6g) and 8.1+/-11.5% (2 weeks of 1.6g, increasing to 35.5+/-13.3% after 8 weeks).[43] In the tibialis muscle (mostly Type I) these increases are noted to be by 17.4+/-9.6% (2 weeks of 3.2g) and 11.8+/-7.4% (2 weeks of 1.6g) with lesser peak levels of 21.9+/-14.4% to 30.3+/-14.8 after 8 weeks; the differences noted are in part due to dose, and in part due to lower baseline levels of ?-alanine in Type I muscles possible causing a greater increase acutely.[43]" It is still saturating at 8 weeks, and I wager its effects may remain longer than COP. A lot of people use it pre, but as it works by saturation it really makes no difference and in fact uptake is improved while dosing with a meal. I really want to make a big post on common supplement misconceptions, for the new joiners. New task for my day
awesome info that I was totally unaware of. Thanks for the solid post. Will rep when I get to a comp.

I always use it for the tingle "energy" ha. Gets me excited even tho it doesn't actually energize my literally

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
yeah I loved it my first ever supp was C4

The tingling really makes you think magic is happening in you lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah I loved it my first ever supp was C4 The tingling really makes you think magic is happening in you lol
c4 was my first (and still is one of) favs. Ba tingles get me going just as much as caffeine ha.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, I agree that you won't lose saturation after two days. Thanks for your support!