Question about ABE and Calories!

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
So I have maybe 3ish weeks left on my 8 week ABE run. I have added a bit more calories over this time (maybe 200 or so), but I'm not sure whether that is contributing to ABE or just my metabolism in general since I'm in a bulk and trying to hit a certain number of weight gain per week.

Anyways, how should I prepare for the end of my ABE run in terms of calories? I hear ABE allows you to increase calories a bit, but when I stop I don't want to rapidly gain weight because I have a powerlifting meet coming up and I'm only 2ish pounds away from my class max. Any tips?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you are a couple pounds underneath your weight class? How far away is the meet?

If so I'd still add a bit of calories if you aren't gaining weight and would like to, then just lower them a bit after your AnaBeta Elite use if you are worried about continued weight gain.

Alternatively you could keep calories where they are and continue to get the performance enhancing benefits of AnaBeta Elite while not gaining much weight (possibly recomping given training and diet) if you really want to stay under the weight limit.

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
So you are a couple pounds underneath your weight class? How far away is the meet?

If so I'd still add a bit of calories if you aren't gaining weight and would like to, then just lower them a bit after your AnaBeta Elite use if you are worried about continued weight gain.

Alternatively you could keep calories where they are and continue to get the performance enhancing benefits of AnaBeta Elite while not gaining much weight (possibly recomping given training and diet) if you really want to stay under the weight limit.
Yeah I've been gaining really slowly, like not even a half a pound a week, but I'm just afraid once I stop ABE in 3ish weeks I might gain a bit more because of the food. My meet is a little less than 7 weeks away and yeah I'm about 180 pounds now and my weight class maxes out at 183.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd just continue it as you have been. Then evaluate each week as you end AnaBeta Elite. If you are gaining more than you want just cut calories back as needed.

Honestly if you are under the limit already you are in a good position if you just monitor it weekly. I don't notice a huge need to change caloric intake drastically after my usage of ABE.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I've been gaining really slowly, like not even a half a pound a week, but I'm just afraid once I stop ABE in 3ish weeks I might gain a bit more because of the food. My meet is a little less than 7 weeks away and yeah I'm about 180 pounds now and my weight class maxes out at 183.
When you come off ABE, more then likely will need to re-adjust calories if you end up raising them a good amount.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ agreed. my calories go way up when using abe and then i have to back them down when finished.

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
Well I started at about 176 pounds, and now on my final 8th week in I am now weighing about 180 pounds. Calories went from 3,215 to now 3,375 so I increased them by 160 which doesn't seem like too much.

When next comes around, I'll probably just keep my calories where they are and see how I am adjusting.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I started at about 176 pounds, and now on my final 8th week in I am now weighing about 180 pounds. Calories went from 3,215 to now 3,375 so I increased them by 160 which doesn't seem like too much.

When next comes around, I'll probably just keep my calories where they are and see how I am adjusting.
Body composition? Any difference?