The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Simply Good Foods Company has agreed to acquire the popular and widely available Quest Nutrition. Simply Good Foods is the owner of the low-carb food brand Atkins, and is purchasing Quest for the colossal cash amount of $1 billion.

Quest Nutrition’s president and CEO Dave Ritterbush says “The Simply Good Foods team has a strong track record in building leading nutrition brands and I feel that Quest will fit perfectly in their overall mission. As part of Simply Good Foods, Quest will benefit from the combination of two great organizations focused on providing consumers with healthier food choices.”

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting! Good move by simply good foods in my opinion.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lets just hope they don't reformulate their products again.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope for no more layoffs in Quests factories. Most of Atkins bars are made in Canada

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The quality will probably tank. There is no way to recoup a billion dollars from the protein bar market. How long before soy gets added to the mix labeled as vegetable protein?

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is interesting, sure, Quest had a huge following years ago, but their flavor profile changed and they lost a ton of repeat buyers. I'm not sure if they corrected that, but getting those people to come back would be a challenge.

Another brand who tastes like dogchit now is Lenny and Larry Cookies. They must of got caught fudging their protein content and reformulated their cookies to have it and now are just circles of bland wood.

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is interesting, sure, Quest had a huge following years ago, but their flavor profile changed and they lost a ton of repeat buyers. I'm not sure if they corrected that, but getting those people to come back would be a challenge.

Another brand who tastes like dogchit now is Lenny and Larry Cookies. They must of got caught fudging their protein content and reformulated their cookies to have it and now are just circles of bland wood.
It was not the flavor profile. They changed their fiber source a few times. The original bar used Chicory root which was fantastic. Then they had to switch because they could not get enough to keep up with demand. They used IMO and now soluble corn fiber. This breaks down into carbs in the large intestine. It's still good protein, but now it is only a shadow of their former greatness. I still buy them because I nave not found anything better.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It was not the flavor profile. They changed their fiber source a few times. The original bar used Chicory root which was fantastic. Then they had to switch because they could not get enough to keep up with demand. They used IMO and now soluble corn fiber. This breaks down into carbs in the large intestine. It's still good protein, but now it is only a shadow of their former greatness. I still buy them because I nave not found anything better.
Animal Snak
BSN Protein Crisps (Taste like Rice Krispies)
SinFit Bars
MusclePharm Combat Crunch
Oh Yeah One Bars
Outright Bars

Just a few off the top of my head that are great alternatives