Pumpkin Protein/Cinnamon Protein

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking for some protein to use in baking/cooking. I can literally find zero pumpkin protein. I had some pumpkin french toast at Ihop last year and to be honest I might have maybe wanted to marry it.

I have found a few Cinnamon proteins but was more curious as to which brand everyone prefers with cooking/baking.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Snickerdoodle Select may be what you're looking for in regards to a cinnamon protein, but pumpkin is tougher. I like taking a vanilla and adding various pumpkin pie spices to accomplish that.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
PES Select is my go-to for baking. Snickerdoodle has a great cinnamon flavor. For pumpkin flavor, I just use pumpkin puree. Its low calorie, high fiber, and acts as a great starch base for recipes.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had it narrowed down between Select and Cellucor for cinnamon.

Pumpkin puree. Genius.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

Pumpkin puree. Genius.
The consistency of the Cellcor is much thinner than PES Select. I enjoy using Select because its thick, so making batters is easier. Also, check out MTS Pumpkin Pie Whey, it just came out a few weeks ago. I picked up a tub, its fantastic stuff

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The consistency of the Cellcor is much thinner than PES Select. I enjoy using Select because its thick, so making batters is easier. Also, check out MTS Pumpkin Pie Whey, it just came out a few weeks ago. I picked up a tub, its fantastic stuff
Call me crazy, but wouldn't a thinner consistency be better for stuff like french toast (I really have a soft spot for french toast.......) and a thicker consistency better for stuff like baking?

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Pumpkin pie by mts, I hear the taste is on point.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Call me crazy, but wouldn't a thinner consistency be better for stuff like french toast (I really have a soft spot for french toast.......) and a thicker consistency better for stuff like baking?
Well for french toast, you're correct. I just like the flexibility of being able to add more liquid if you need. If you start with a thick consistency you can always thin it out, but its difficult to thicken a thinner consistency. Either route would be a good choice for french toast, I just like the versatility of Select

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Pumpkin pie by mts, I hear the taste is on point.
You heard right man, its on point. I can literally just eat the powder haha, its so delicious. Just in time for fall

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well for french toast, you're correct. I just like the flexibility of being able to add more liquid if you need. If you start with a thick consistency you can always thin it out, but its difficult to thicken a thinner consistency. Either route would be a good choice for french toast, I just like the versatility of Select
Thats a solid point. Your brain works nicely this early.

How is the consistency of MTS, btw?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thats a solid point. Your brain works nicely this early.

How is the consistency of MTS, btw?
Ha, I'm definitely a morning person. The consistency of MTS is a bit thicker than Cellucor, but not as thick as Select. Keep in mind its not a blend of protein like Select is, its just whey. But if you mix up MTS Whey with some almond milk or milk it has a nice consistency, right in the middle of the others I'd say.

Holland

Holland

Awards
Core athelte HIT makes a pumpkin spice protein. As well as carrot cake, pound cake, and waffles and syrup

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Pumpkin puree. Genius.
Both are legit, I see you never responded back to my PM's
Pumpkin pie MTS is one to pick up. It is delicious. Tastes exactly like a Cost-Co Pumpkin Pie. in a protein shake form.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Correct, it will help it "Rise" better, but blends are not bad for baking. Select bakes great. If you want a rising agent to peak to its fullest a whey or isolate work best because of how light. Casein based products are better for binding agents (Cheesecake) or puddings due to it being thicker in nature. This will hold down the batter/final texture. Try to make a pancake with a casein and a whey the whey one will rise much better.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MTS for Pumpkin.

If you want a straight whey, then CinnaSwirl Cor Whey by Cellucor or Snickerdoodle PES if you want a blend.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both are legit, I see you never responded back to my PM's
Pumpkin pie MTS is one to pick up. It is delicious. Tastes exactly like a Cost-Co Pumpkin Pie. in a protein shake form.
I had a bit of a set back and it'll be a few more weeks before I can buy anything. Having to budget my student loans pretty carefully. I'll have to downsize what I was going to get before, though. But still a few products i plan on purchasing.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had a bit of a set back and it'll be a few more weeks before I can buy anything. Having to budget my student loans pretty carefully. I'll have to downsize what I was going to get before, though. But still a few products i plan on purchasing.
no worry. Ill make sure i give you a great deal to try out a product you may want buddy!!!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think AI sports, had a great pumpkin? Called no whey I think.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking for some protein to use in baking/cooking. I can literally find zero pumpkin protein. I had some pumpkin french toast at Ihop last year and to be honest I might have maybe wanted to marry it.

I have found a few Cinnamon proteins but was more curious as to which brand everyone prefers with cooking/baking.
Waffles, pancakes, muffins, cakes, cheesecakes, cinnamon rolls, you name it, Select Snickerdoodle is great for baking.

Try overnight oats with it as well.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Waffles, pancakes, muffins, cakes, cheesecakes, cinnamon rolls, you name it, Select Snickerdoodle is great for baking.

Try overnight oats with it as well.
Just starting to dabble in the cooking with protein powder area. Will have to try all of these. I'm a bigger sucker for cheesecakes, brownies, and ice cream than most sweets. I do love cinnamon rolls tho.

Do you happen to have a good overnight oat recipe?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just starting to dabble in the cooking with protein powder area. Will have to try all of these. I'm a bigger sucker for cheesecakes, brownies, and ice cream than most sweets. I do love cinnamon rolls tho.

Do you happen to have a good overnight oat recipe?
Lot of different additives you can do but my go to is:

1 cup old fashioned oats
.5-1 scoop Select
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
1 container light and fit Greek yogurt or 3-5oz plain Greek yogurt

Mix and let sit in fridge 4+ hours or overnight

You can add syrups, fat free sugar free pudding mix, fruit, etc if you wanted as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's gotten some pretty solid reviews from what I've seen.
They DC'd the no whey and are going to bring it out in their 100% Whey with their mocha, chocolate, and cinnamon roll flavor.