Puffy Nipples?! check your xenoestrogen intake

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
I didnt really know where to put this so I thought Id put it in the Nutrition/ Health section mods feel free to move it.

So here's what I just recently found from personal experience....
for the last few years ive had kinda puffy nips. Not really gyno but far from what I considered Ideal. I have been using various 'body washs' for the last couple years in the shower. Like Dial for men for example (read the label on that one.. its f'n scary). Recently I went on a bulking diet and started eating mass amounts of chicken breasts. The kind you buy in the freezer section. (these are much cheaper than the fresh kind you can buy and probably are loaded with tons of artificial hormones) Ok enough b.s. two weeks ago my nipples started gettin a lot bigger and puffier and I actually had some secretion from one of them. just a tiny bit. but enough to scare the **** out of me. I have made an appointment with a doctor to get checked out to rule out any pituitary tumors or other hormonal problems.... its this coming monday. A few days ago I stopped eating the chicken and switched to a natural soap in the shower (dr. Bronners) since then my problem has entirely gone away and is drastically better than it has been in the last 2-3 years. I dont know if this is coincidence or not (my doc appointment is monday like I said) but yeah. just thought Id share. Watch out for those xenoestrogens they're in all kinds of ****. I suggest everyone switch to a natural shower product ASAP cause well in my case its worked a miracle.

I also cut my caffeine consumption out entirely and I have never been on PH's or AAS but if you just have puffy nipples and dont know why give this a try

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I know theres been a link between Tea Tree Oil and gynecomastia. Could you give us some examples of xenoestrogens so we could check our labels?

My girl gives me "Lush" products to use, they are handmade soaps with cool designs and smells. I get the "Ice blue" one which is peppermint. good ****

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
Im not really sure but I just know in general that a lot of plastics are. Im assuming a lot of the stuff in the body wash is because Im better than Ive ever been today after only switching for 4 days. I think the growth hormones in meats are xenoestrogens as well. Maybe somebody with more knowledge could chime in on that part. But I think in general natural is better.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
What's so scary about the label on the Dial for Men? (I don't have it in front of me to look myself)

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
It has some chemical called something something lactate. as well as a ****load of other chems that seem rediculous to put on your skin where you get 100% absorbance

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
It has some chemical called something something lactate. as well as a ****load of other chems that seem rediculous to put on your skin where you get 100% absorbance
Not to worry about lactate: Lactate is just the ionic form of lactic acid, a chemical compound that is produced in your body constantly for metabolism and from exercise. Sodium lactate is used in soaps and lotions due to it's moisturizing and ph regulating properties. We use lactated solutions in healthcare all the time because it acts as as isotonic fluid after the body undergoes major trauma or blood loss. Our diets consist of many things containing lactic acid and other lactate ions and such. I know our first instinct is to associate the word lactate with breasts and milk and so forth, but that isn't always the case. Lactation in a human refers to a whole chemical/hormonal cascade effect for the stimulation and growth of the milk duct, also refered to as lactogenesis, or when the breast produces and secretes copius amounts of milk. And of coarse lactose which is a carbohydrate found in milk, could also cause a sort of misnomer with lactate. However, it is true that all sorts of hormones are found in animal products, as well as milk and other dairy products.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, its a problem in society that no one addresses and nothing will probably ever get done to improve it.....estrogens throughout society...in the water, plastic, food, soap, all over

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
yeah, its a problem in society that no one addresses and nothing will probably ever get done to improve it.....estrogens throughout society...in the water, plastic, food, soap, all over
my god, pp has a video for his avatar. :aargh::goodpost::clap2::pose::frustrate:burg::dl::study::whiner::squat::dump::bb3::head::pizza::icon_lol::smite::dance::toofunny::chick::chick::chick::chick::chick::chick::chick::chick:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Lavender and Tea tree oil may cause breast growth in boys:
http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jan2007/niehs-31.htm

Lavender and Tea Tree Oils May Cause Breast Growth in Boys
A study published in this week’s issue of the New England Journal of Medicine suggests that repeated topical use of products containing lavender oil and/or tea tree oil may cause prepubertal gynecomastia, a rare condition resulting in enlarged breast tissue in boys prior to puberty, and for which a cause is seldom identified.

Researchers at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), confirmed in laboratory studies what a pediatric endocrinologist at the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Science Center’s School of Medicine suspected after diagnosing three of his young male patients with prepubertal gynecomastia. The researchers found an association between the use of products containing these oils and the rare disorder, but cautioned more research is needed. At this point, the findings are only applicable to young males with unexplainable enlarged breasts who are regularly using products containing these essential oils.

"We want to encourage doctors who may be seeing patients with gynecomastia to ask their patients about the products they are using. Patients with prepubertal gynecomastia may want to consider reducing the use of products that contain these oils,” said Ken Korach, Ph.D., chief, Laboratory Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology at NIEHS and author on the study. “Although we found an association between exposure to these essential oils and gynecomastia, further research is needed to determine the prevalence of prepubertal gynecomastia in boys using products containing lavender and tea tree oils. Results of such epidemiological studies are important to tell us how strong the association is between topical application of the oils and prepubertal gynecomastia”

The three otherwise healthy Caucasian boys, ages four, seven and 10 years, had normal hormonal levels when they were diagnosed with gynecomastia by Clifford Bloch, M.D., in Colorado. All had either used lavender-scented soap and skin lotions, or shampoos or styling products that contained tea tree oil and lavender oil as ingredients. In each case, several months after the suspected products were discontinued, the gynecomastia had subsided or resolved.

After Bloch discussed the cases with Korach, the NIEHS researchers conducted experiments using human cells to determine if the oils mimic the effects of estrogen, the female hormone that stimulates breast tissue growth, or inhibited the effects of androgen, the hormone known to control masculine characteristics and inhibit the growth of breast tissue. The researchers tested the ability of the oils to modulate or inhibit gene expression.

“The results of our laboratory studies confirm that pure lavender and tea tree oils can mimic the actions of estrogens and inhibit the effects of androgens,” said Korach. “This combinatorial activity makes them somewhat unique as endocrine disruptors.”

Bloch said the laboratory studies support his hypothesis. “Since there was no identifiable cause for prepubertal gynecomastia in the three patients we reported, we speculated that environmental factors might be contributing to their condition. Together, the case histories and NIEHS in vitro studies provide support for our hypothesis that topical exposure to lavender and tea tree oils likely caused gynecomastia in the three patients.”

The oils did not alter the levels of the usual forms of circulating estrogens and androgens in the boys. “We do not anticipate any long term effects on hormonal levels,” said Derek Henley, Ph.D., the lead NIEHS author on the study. It is unknown whether the oils have similar endocrine disrupting effects in prepubertal girls, adolescents or adults.

“This study clearly demonstrates how clinical observations can be supported by basic science research,” said NIEHS Director David A. Schwartz, M.D.

These essential oils might now be considered endocrine disruptors since they appeared to have caused an imbalance in estrogen and androgen signaling. Endocrine disruptors are naturally occurring compounds or synthetic chemicals that may interfere with the production or activity of hormones of the endocrine system leading to adverse health effects.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Lots of herbs are or have phytoestrogen components. In general, I fear these less than the man made xenoestrogens as the sheer number of the latter is completely daunting. I read the other day that there are over 15,000 chemicals that are known to be endocrine disrupters and we are surrounded by them everywhere..food additives, lotions, shampoos, wetting agents/detergents, cosmetics, plastics et cetera etc. The worst part of it is that water treatment plants can't remove many of these compounds completely so they end up concentrating in aquatic environments..then work their way into fish on up the food chain.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I've had it for so long but I stay away from all the lavender and tea tree oils. One nipple has a lump, not that big but it's hard and has been there for years. I might have surgery for it eventually. But I eat tons of chicken so I'm wondering why you say chicken has xenoestrogens. I wish I could get the antibiotic free chicken but it's about $20 for 2 chicken breasts. :frustrate

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I just read an article in Newsweek about these chemicals leeching out of plastics, shampoos, etc..

Previous studies show that these chemicals are very detrimental to animals, and current human research is showing the same.

Companies are fighting back with the "not enough to cause harm" defense.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of herbs are or have phytoestrogen components. In general, I fear these less than the man made xenoestrogens as the sheer number of the latter is completely daunting. I read the other day that there are over 15,000 chemicals that are known to be endocrine disrupters and we are surrounded by them everywhere..food additives, lotions, shampoos, wetting agents/detergents, cosmetics, plastics et cetera etc. The worst part of it is that water treatment plants can't remove many of these compounds completely so they end up concentrating in aquatic environments..then work their way into fish on up the food chain.
its all part of the governments attempt to control society...its all part of a conspiracy! Estrogen is a real b1tch, i propose the irradication of estrogen. We can control the female speices for breeding etc with shock collars and cages.

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
does anybody know of a water filter you can buy for your home that filters out estrogen? I doubt my brita is lol

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
Im wondering if it concentrates itself in fish, then if fish oil has xenoestrogens in it. Cause I read that the xenoestrogens are stored in fat. Also if the xenoestrogens can affect our moods? like not as alpha-male as we would be without them.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
If you get the high purity fish oil that has the mercury and lead filtered out. Those are smaller molecules than a xenoestrogen so I believe it should be filtered out as well.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Umm nate have to taken any hormonal shifting products lately? There is the issue of delayed gyno too.

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
no not in a long ass time. like 2 summers ago I took some t-booster that I think was tainted but other than that no. Maybe some horny goat weed a while ago but dont think that could do anything lol

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
its all part of the governments attempt to control society...its all part of a conspiracy! Estrogen is a real b1tch, i propose the irradication of estrogen. We can control the female speices for breeding etc with shock collars and cages.
Yeah good luck with that, dreamer. I'd rather try to collar and cage a wolverine than a female of our own species. lol