Puberty gyno and Forskolin

Vlaw

Awards
Hey everyone i am interested in buying pure forskolin but before i was read to do my order i searched a bit its effects with testosterone. It seems it raises cAMP (no idea what this is). Anyway and this somehow may lead to gyno and i am concerned because i already have gyno... Will this make it worse? 50mg may be ok? I am 20years old. Thanks!

slk28

Awards
It will make your gyno worse as it can elevate estrogen along with testosterone. Why do u need it btw?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why are you concerned about gyno? Is this a condition you have? What are you using this for?

Vlaw

Awards
I was planning to use it at my lean bulk with ara. Even at a dose of 50mg per day?

Vlaw

Awards
I have gyno from puberty and i want to supplement forskolin while lean bulking.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you have any worries there are several other ways you can go to keep Leah during a bulk. Have you seen a doctor about the gyno?

Vlaw

Awards
Yeah i have. There is no danger. With gym my chest looks better but still needs work to be done. I bought ara but i wanted to buy forskolin also. Now i am looking for another natural substance that will give me same muscle benefits. But i still do not want to give up hopes. That is why i created this thread.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey everyone i am interested in buying pure forskolin but before i was read to do my order i searched a bit its effects with testosterone. It seems it raises cAMP (no idea what this is). Anyway and this somehow may lead to gyno and i am concerned because i already have gyno... Will this make it worse? 50mg may be ok? I am 20years old. Thanks!
So, um, I've never heard of this and it interested me so I did a QUICK search. What I found was an article that has been cut and pasted all over the internet about "16 ways to deal with gyno" or something along those lines. Some of the cut and paste jobs include what appear to be references to references (i.e. 23, 24) but no list of references for more information.

Within this article the claim is made that cAMP increases estrogen via increased aromatase activity. I can't find the original source of this information anywhere, however.

I did find some articles suggesting that increased estrogen/estradiol levels cause an increase in cAMP. But this doesn't mean at all that increasing cAMP will make gyno worse.

cAMP is a "secondary messanger" that plays a signaling role in a bunch of biological processes throughout the body. It IS well known that Forskolin increases cAMP and that this may increase Testosterone. When you have an increase in Testosterone, your body tries to maintain balance and will use aromatase to convert some of the excess to estrogen, but saying that cAMP will increase tesosterone enough to create an estrogen issue is pretty far fetched - the effect on testosterone itself is probably pretty small/questionable. To assume that that triggers enough of an increase to trigger increased enzyme levels, to trigger increased conversion to estrogen seems like a stretch...unless there is some study/evidence I am unaware of.

Having said all that, things are not always as they appear. Some things that are good for us can be bad for us in the right environment. Have you spoken with a doctor about your gyno? It may be worth getting blood work done and at least knowing where your hormone levels are, if that is possible.

I honestly doubt forskolin will have much effect on gyno (until someone proves me wrong ...which has happened at least 2X before) - but I'm also not sure it will have enough of a positive effect on whatever else you are trying to achieve to warrant a "risk".

And, 50 mg is a small dose IMO. I've taken a gram/day of 20% extract yielding 200 mg, and that's where I feel it starts to have real effects...most on here will state effects on lower doses, but I think a lot of that has to do with industry economics/marketing. 200 mg/day is expensive and most people won't go for it.

Vlaw

Awards
Well u have seen only this post in another thread in anabolic minds, I do not know if this can help find a conclusion(so pre existing gyno will not get affected by the estrogen level rise?, I had my blood tested some days ago and my testo is in normal stages) :Obes Res. 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43. Links
Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA.

OBJECTIVE: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. RESULTS: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. DISCUSSION: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well u have seen only this post in another thread in anabolic minds, I do not know if this can help find a conclusion(so pre existing gyno will not get affected by the estrogen level rise?, I had my blood tested some days ago and my testo is in normal stages) :Obes Res. 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43. Links
Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA.

OBJECTIVE: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. RESULTS: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. DISCUSSION: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.
Yes, that is pretty much why people use it, and it is a good herb - but it isn't going to be a night/day difference is all I am saying. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely. Is the impact going to be big enough to risk making some pre-existing condition worse? Probably not....

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I agree with HIT4ME - forskolin, along with most other natural ingredients or natural anabolics, won't have an impact on pre-existing gyno. If you have gyno from puberty you won't make it worse by using natural ingredients like forskolin. I also have some gyno from puberty, and I've used a few different natural anabolics without any issues. Using forskolin solo will not have any impacts. I'm 24, and I've used multiple products with forskolin, even some other natural test boosters like Alphamax XT and I've never seen my gyno worsen. I understand your worry and frustration though - gyno sucks.

As HIT4ME stated, it won't make a night and day difference. Forskolin can be beneficial over a period of time, but it won't have any super-significant impacts from day 1. I wouldn't be overly concerned with adding in any natural products. If you stay away from gear and PH's you shouldn't see any differences or changes in your current conditions with your gyno

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Always go to the end of the full study:

This study was funded by the Sabinsa Corporation, Piscataway, NJ.
Never a guarantee of anything, but always take it into account.

Vlaw

Awards
The study showed though an increase in testosterone with 50mg per day.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I would appreciate explaining.
The study was funded by the major seller of Forskolin - Sabinsa. You just need to know that, to add to whatever else you derive from the study.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The study showed though an increase in testosterone with 50mg per day.
The increases look minuscule to me. And it isn't an increase in T production, but what appears to be just a reduction in SHBG if legit. *Never* go by percentages - what's 100% of 1? I wouldn't worry about Gyno... or Testosterone at 20 years old.

Edit: Oh, sorry - forgot the link: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2005.162/full

Attachments

Vlaw

Awards
Also does it matter that people got 250mg coleus forskohlii capsules and not pure Forskolin? Maybe this is what caused the symptoms?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Also does it matter that people got 250mg coleus forskohlii capsules and not pure Forskolin? Maybe this is what caused the symptoms?
As long as it's real Forskolin, extract percentage doesn't matter - it's just marketing. 20% of 250mg is actually more than 95% of 50mg. You could take 50 capsules of 100mg 1%'ers and it would be the same.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 25
Anabolics 8
Ephedraboy Post Cycle Therapy 18
Ephedraboy Supplements 7
Anabolics 17