PROMO: Your favorite Animal or Universal Supp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Winner!

Promo:​
Your Favorite Animal Supp​

My Favorite Animal Supplement:
Animal Flex​
Why:

Short Answer:
It allowed me to squat, deadlift, and sleep again.​

Long Answer:
I first began lifting in the summer of 2005. About the enter 10th grade, I was given a weight set for my 15th birthday. I was ecstatic that my parents decided to buy me this gift, for I had grown up idolizing Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not for his theatrical skills or big screen presence, but rather, for his physique. As a child, I wished eagerly to grow up and look like Arnold - to be muscular, to be lean, to be athletic.. and to scare the sh*t out of anyone who wanted to mess with me.

Sadly, I was never any of those things. Rather, I was extremely overweight. So much so that in 9th grade I weighed in at 200 lb's at 5'10". My bodyfat easily exceeded 30%. I was the fat kid to be picked on in gym class, the one who got good grades but wished desperately to have even a single good friend, the one who never spoke up, and the one who snacked frequently on chocolate bars but couldn't figure out why he was overweight.

By the time my parents got me the weight set, however, I had already begun my slow transformation. I had been eating better for a few months, and it showed. I had dropped down to 184lb's -- still fat, but starting to get better. I cut my shoulder-length hair, and joined the high school basketball team. I started speaking up in class, and even began talking to some of my classmates. However, I still had a ways to go.

When I got my weight set, I was determined to change. I was about to enter a new school, and I wanted to become everything that I never could before. Every day that summer I found myself in my basement, doing endless repetitions of some simple exercises my father has shown to me. By the time winter rolled around, I had hit a growth spurt, and together with a calorie-restricted diet, I managed to drop down to 145lb's. At 6 feet.

Enter bodybuilding.com. I had been cutting calories for what seemed like eons, and at 145lb's I was teetering on the brink of anorexia (I think.. I was never diagnosed or actually had any health issues, but I have some pictures of me at that weight and they're awful). When I found the wonderful resource of articles that bb.com provided, I was compelled to absorb every bit of knowledge on that site. Remembering my childhood aspirations, I decided to undergo my first bulk. I made myself a diet, got a proper exercise routine, and started tracking my progress. This was my first venture into the bodybuilding world.. and I have been on that journey ever since.

I managed to bulk up to 180lb's by summer 2006. I was focusing on the big lifts -- the squat, deadlift, and benchpress, and it had paid off. I remember one late night I took a thick black sharpie and wrote on the wall of my basement in huge block letters:

Live Hardcore, Lift Hardcore. SQUAT. BENCH. DEADLIFT

I had become an exercise junkie. I loved the feel of the weights, the constant progress towards heavier lifts, and the chance to continuously improve myself. I was sitting on top of the world.. except, some problems began to creep up.

Since I was working out alone in my basement, I never had anybody to spot me or to check my form. I was deadlifting well, but I was unintentionally doing something I now call "good-morning squats." Squats where I'd go down about 1/3rd of the way with good form, and then do the remaining 2/3rds of the squat by bending forward and doing something like a good-morning. I didn't know that my form was bad, but it began to show in a few months. By December 2006 I had constant pain in my neck, mid-back, and lower-back. Almost any simple movement would cause discomfort in my spine, to the extent that I had to sleep with towels wrapped around my back to keep the natural curvature of my spine. Eventually, the pain got so bad that I went to see a chiropractor.. in early 2007.

Chiropractor gave me the bad news: I had aggravated my spine and had multiple subluxations; however, because I came in when I was young he was confident he could fix it.. at a cost. I wouldn't be allowed to squat or deadlift for the next 6 months.

Sure enough, after getting set up on a proper recovery program, my chiropractor was able to substantially mitigate my back problems. 6 months had passed, and I was able to walk and function without any discomfort.. however, I still slept with towels around my back to protect the curvature. After 6 months I began squats and deads again... only to re-aggravate all my problems. Even though I was doing much lighter weight, it appeared that my spine couldn't handle any sorts of the pressure associated with these movements.

So, I dropped deads and squats permanently. By the time school started up in September 2007, I was around 180lb's (14%-16%BF) -- a bout of mono earlier in the year caused me to lose some of the muscle I gained, and I didn't focus much on weights as college applications were coming up. By January 2008, however, I started proper weight training again -- minus squats and deads.

Fast forward to today. I'm sitting in my college dorm, stronger, bigger, and leaner than I have ever been before - and able to squat and deadlift big numbers. What caused the change? Animal Flex.

Over winter break, I began looking into solutions for my back issues. I was still seeing a chiropractor, but I was frustrated about not being able to do the big lifts. Looking into different supplements, I came upon Animal Flex as a recommendation to help with joint issues. Figuring I didn't have much to lose, I used some of my Christmas money to buy a canister. And hot damn, did I notice the effects.

Within 2 weeks all complications with my back cleared up. I went to see my chiropractor after a 1-month hiatus, when he gave me theT news that he had nothing to adjust. (side note: when you get chiropractic treatment you reach a certain point where the adjustments can only be used as a maintenance tool.. meaning that more adjustments won't help more per say, rather just serve to prevent further issues from developing. I didn't have back pain anymore, but still slept with towels and couldn't squat or deadlift, as that would re-aggravate the injuries) Meaning that my back was somehow in perfect condition. He was amazed.. I was surprised.. he mentioned how this was the first time in his profession he had somebody heal completely. He asked me what I was doing differently.. I couldn't think of anything at first, then I realized that I had been taking Animal Flex for 2 weeks.

This was 2 months ago. Since then I've been an Animal Flex maniac. I've never missed a dose, and as a result I was able to start deadlifting and squating again. With no problems. I still go to the chiropractor for periodic checkups, and other than the fluke adjustments, I have no problems. I can now, for the first time in THREE years, sleep without any towels around my back. I can squat without discomfort. My elbows don't crack, my wrists are stronger, and I feel completely renewed. All thanks to Animal Flex.

I just bought 4 new canisters for myself, and am bringing some home for my brother as well. He's 16 and a fantastic basketball player, but has had some inflammation in his ankles. I figure Animal Flex can only help him. I recommend it to all my friends, and this is truly the one supplement I will never go without. Even a staple such a whey is now in 2nd place for me, as I can always increase protein intake through more food.. but nothing can take place of Animal Flex. And I'm not taking any chances with any other joint supplements -- there's a reason Animal Flex is the bb.com joint supplement of the year, and there's a reason why so many people recommend it: the stuff works magic.​

Bonus Pictures:

3 Brand New Cans + 1 Newly Opened One:

"SH*T! My Animal Flex Fell!"

..thank god it comes in little packs so I can put it all back.. :D

A Closer Look At the Contents

..trying again for the contest. :D

This months winner!

Send your information to [email protected]

You must tell them what you have won and from where (what message board - IE... Anabolicminds.com)

Also include a link to this post in your email.

Hg

vadox6466

This months winner!

Send your information to [email protected]

You must tell them what you have won and from where (what message board - IE... Anabolicminds.com)

Also include a link to this post in your email.

Hg
Thank you soo much!! I'm trying to chose what I want right now but have no idea :dunno: I've got enough flex to last me a while :D

suggestions??

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Thank you soo much!! I'm trying to chose what I want right now but have no idea :dunno: I've got enough flex to last me a while :D

suggestions??

Well this is the name it and win it promo so you won a can of Flex with that entry bro LOL!

What would you like to try instead if you had your choice?

vadox6466

Well this is the name it and win it promo so you won a can of Flex with that entry bro LOL!

What would you like to try instead if you had your choice?
oooohh, well, in that case, I wouldn't be against adding a 5th canister of Flex to my supply arsenal :D

treetrunklegs

Awards
Wow thats an awesome story.. Congrats on the win brother!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
probably wouldn't recommend animal test for a 19 year old? In that case, I'm more than happy to get another Animal Flex :) :thanks:
Yes you are correct. At 19 you don't really need any Animal Test. Not recommended for anyone under 21 and IMO mid 20's and up for it to be best.

Enjoy the Flex man, can never have too much of that on hand!

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Yes you are correct. At 19 you don't really need any Animal Test. Not recommended for anyone under 21 and IMO mid 20's and up for it to be best.

Hg
So... Test would be a good thing, for an "old man" like me...?:smirk::icon_lol::smileeek:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
So... Test would be a good thing, for an "old man" like me...?:smirk::icon_lol::smileeek:
It's an older guys best friend.

I have to share a true story here:

I made my best gains ever on my last cycle of Animal Test. So much so that my whole family noticed. My oldest daughter was asking me just a few days ago "daddy, what supplement where you using back when you were growing like every day?" she noticed it when it was happening and said she noticed it has tapered off since then. She is encouraging me to run another cycle of it. Which I have plans to do here in a few weeks. Now tell me that doesn't speak volumes to you about this product?

I'm looking forward to my next cycle of Animal Test. For the original question there, at 19, you still got it going on better than this at your age. I'd trade a lifetime supply of Animal Test to be 19 again.

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
It's an older guys best friend.

I have to share a true story here:

I made my best gains ever on my last cycle of Animal Test. So much so that my whole family noticed. My oldest daughter was asking me just a few days ago "daddy, what supplement where you using back when you were growing like every day?" she noticed it when it was happening and said she noticed it has tapered off since then. She is encouraging me to run another cycle of it. Which I have plans to do here in a few weeks. Now tell me that doesn't speak volumes to you about this product?

I'm looking forward to my next cycle of Animal Test. For the original question there, at 19, you still got it going on better than this at your age. I'd trade a lifetime supply of Animal Test to be 19 again.

Hg
x2... For sure... Great stuff, Hg!!!

vadox6466

Hg
thanks dude! :D :D :D :D

ddb08001

ddb08001

Awards
im bout to go on ST and Torrent...from what Ive heard of them I hope they are my favorites...

even though pak has been a brother to me.

ddb

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
im bout to go on ST and Torrent...from what Ive heard of them I hope they are my favorites...

even though pak has been a brother to me.

ddb
They both taste pretty amazing and I love Torrent

eneyman

eneyman

Awards

This is it, the foundation that you need to survive, grow, and live life feeling healthy and strong, Animal Pak. I have used this product continuously for about 2 years now and am in love with it. Nothing gives me smooth, natural energy throughout the day when I take it regularly. My joints feel great when on the pak, no cracking, no pain. My skin feels tighter, cleaner and younger, and my hair grows better, and I even notice less hair loss..no joke. My Vote goes to Animal Pak because it is a super vitamin in my opinion, it has everything that is essential for my body to go on and keep performance levels high. The thing I love about pak is that is doesn't matter how old or young you are, this stuff helps with several problems faced by everyone and the effects are noticeable after I take it regularly.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
My universal experience:
Animal Flex
Animal Pak
Animal pump
Jointment Sport
Uniliver tabs
Intra aid
Natural Sterol Complex

All of the products are serious business and any universal supp is a definite solid choice but the product that stands out the most to me is Intra aid!

Taste: 10/10 The taste of this is so great! After 1 tub it hasn't gotten old and I definitely like this better than the blue raz flavor. I found myself on my off days resisting the urge to make some intra aid just because I loved the taste.

Endurance: 9/10 I really love the boost this gives me in the gym. There is no other intra drink that can compare. I always find myself bringing the tub in my gym bag so I can get another scoop halfway through my workout. It has been crucial cranking out the last few reps in the last sets.

Mixability 10/10 I never had any issues mixing this up. No clumps at all. Just a little foam but thats no big deal.

Intra Aid really is the bodybuilder's workout drink. I love this stuff. It is now definitely a staple. When mixed with some Waxy Maize for a little more intra workout carbs this stuff turns me into a machine.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Once you start sipping intra aid you change. Its hard to go back. I make sure I keep a few sample packs in the car in case I forgot to throw some in my bottle.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Torrent, because it taste sexy and it makes you sexy.

Need I more reasons? I think not.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
When I go to the gym, it is an absolute onslaught! Me vs. the weights. vs. the guy doing curls in the squat rack!!!!

I push myself to the brink where most people would absolutely crumble and cry like a little mary. I am striving to achieve something much greater than mere mortals we come across every day...... that's right..... DIAMOND CUT 18s!!!

Heavy lifting + clean diet + drive from beyond = ____________?

Wha'ts the solution here? Very Simple..... IT IS TORRENT!

Want to know why? What's the last thing I wanna do after kicking my own ass in the gym for over an hour? Make a massive meal in that anabolic time window. This is why I need something convenient immediately following my workout so I can satisfy my body's needs for macronutrient consumption to repair those muscle fibers and grow.

Torrent combines
Whey Hydrolysate, a new engineered whey protein that is predigested into smaller chain proteins and amino acids and able to reach my muscles faster than any other on the market.

Waxy Maize Starch, a different molecular weight carbohydrate source that enters the muscle faster than any other carbohydrate complex on the market. Thus allowing me to replenish my glycogen and get a big pump. The big benefit here is that it spares the protein post workout so it isnt burned for fuel and is used for protein synthesis.

Leucine, 8 grams to contribute to phosphorylation and activation of mTOR to ignite protein synthesis and spike insulin levels PROVEN better than just protein and carbs alone.

Creatine, Taurine, and Citrulline, a total daily dose needed and helping with volumization of the cells. Increased volumnization has shown to contribute to better protein synthesis.

Torrent is by far the best supplement on the market IMHO. It has the best selection of tastes available and new flavors coming. This supplement cannot be stopped. It gives me ALL NECESSARY TOOLS during that anabolic window to make me achieve my lifting goals and one day be big enough to compete. When time is of the essence, torrent has been a proven ally of mine. So far, GAINS ARE COMING AND STILL COMING!

Bumping my post :-D

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some Natural Sterol Complex, hopefully that's my new favorite! :cool2:

Jimmy Alto

Awards
My favorite Universal Supplement has to be the chocolate ice cream flavored Real Gains. I used to be a big supporter of Cytogainer because it was the first weight gainer I bought that I liked and I stuck with it for about three years. Maybe 4 months ago I decided to try something new and Real Gains was one of the top weight gainers in price per serving. I bought the 3.8 lb and never looked back. One great thing about it is that it mixes much better than Cytogainer. It's much creamier and less sludge-like. Another plus is that I don't have problems digesting a full serving of Real Gains- I had this problem w/ Cytogainer - most of the times I had a full serving I ended up dropping some friends off at the pool if you know what I mean. It's also hands down the best tasting shake I've ever had. A lot of people say taste shouldn't matter if you're trying to gain weight - I disagree. In a market saturated w/ hundreds of protein shakes and weight gainers, taste matters. There's also a low amount of sugars in Real Gains which is a good thing. Too many weight gainers out there advertise the high carbs in each serving but conveniently don't advertise the fact that that a 1/3 of those carbs are sugars.

Most importantly though I've been putting on weight. I've gained 10 lbs in the 4 months since I started using Real Gains; I've also broken through my bench press plateau of 230 lbs and I'm now maxing out at 250. Overall it's a great product and a definite staple in my diet.

davebear44

Awards
Animal Stak was King when the real Pro-hormones were out...I had fast hard results with very little bad after effects..minor back acne ..Life was awsome.... If I am a winner What do you have thats close to the old standard ..
Dave

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Animal Stak was King when the real Pro-hormones were out...I had fast hard results with very little bad after effects..minor back acne ..Life was awsome.... If I am a winner What do you have thats close to the old standard ..
Dave
you could always try animal stak, animal test, or n1t-90... or you could stack them all together and make a super stack. :borladuck:

bigCountry000

Awards
I love animal pack, it was the only supplement that i would take when i first started my lifting. I still use it and know i can count on it to do work!! Every body is different. Good nutrition is universal baby!!!!

...........I'm not picky.. just want some ANIMAL PAK baby!!!!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Dave
Universal Nutrition no longer produces or sells and PH/DS type products.

We have had great success Animal Test as well as Animal Stak and N1-T. These are natural alternatives to the PH route and work well for what they are designed to do.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Keep them coming every one. I'll pick another winner next week.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I want some Iso Stack... It does a body good...
I hear it is great to stack with M-Stak. Man that's gotta be a big growth booster. Time to fire up some more GH Max and Stack soon too bro. About 2 more weeks for me yet.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I hear it is great to stack with M-Stak. Man that's gotta be a big growth booster. Time to fire up some more GH Max and Stack soon too bro. About 2 more weeks for me yet.
Meh... Stak and N1-T...

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
GH Max - 6 tabs a night, every night. Nothing ensures a proper hormone cascade like it.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Thought I was going to get a good deal on Stak, Pump, and Torrent. Out of it all, then I learn today the items are all back ordered. I can't win. Need my stuff!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Thought I was going to get a good deal on Stak, Pump, and Torrent. Out of it all, then I learn today the items are all back ordered. I can't win. Need my stuff!
Ahhhh! Not good. Is that at the Planet bro?

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh! Not good. Is that at the Planet bro?
No, it was at Lucky Vitamin, some of the better prices w/ free shipping. Think I will cancel this order. Should have placed it with Planet, but I was trying to find some deals due to my wallet running thin.

Currently just running Pak and Whey. Want to get back with the Mass gaining items.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
If i had to pic my all time favorite it would be the PAK! How can you go wrong with the ingredient profile of this stuff ...Enough said!

My new favorite is INTRA-AID...I drink this stuff during every single work -out and could not imagine having to bother finding sumtn else..So dont stop saling it..lol I want to try the new flavors

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
No, it was at Lucky Vitamin, some of the better prices w/ free shipping. Think I will cancel this order. Should have placed it with Planet, but I was trying to find some deals due to my wallet running thin.

Currently just running Pak and Whey. Want to get back with the Mass gaining items.
Yea I've been seeing that one way or another the Planet always seems to slice up to a great deal here of late. And they keep adding more and more supplements to the line up all the time. It's just keeps getting better and better. Plus, the more we all use it, the better it's going to get!

Hg

Status
Not open for further replies.