Progess shots, most recent 3 weeks on leangains cut

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi all, just wanted to share my most recent 3 weeks of progress on leangains:

Jan 11 - Feb 01 Progress - Imgur

I used overhead lighting to better accentuate what is going on (the cast shadows make it easier to see what's changing). Not trying to be dramatic or anything.

The "before" shots, I had already actually been on my leangains cut for about a month. Unfortunately though I didn't take any true "before" shots before starting the program. But the "before" shots in the album were after I had already dropped the water weight, so it's a good comparison.

But so far I'm down about 15 pounds, from 190 to about 175 (I'm 6'2"). I'm sure at least 5 lbs of this was water (crap diet before), but I know a few pounds of real fat got dropped. This is as lean as I've ever been and looking forward to getting a bit lower before increasing calories again. I haven't lost any strength but I'm not really gaining any either, which is fine for an aggressive cut in my opinion.

I've read a lot with regards to leangains and do a lot of complex stuff with macro cycling, timing, etc, but I'm sure in the end all it boils down to is weekly calorie deficit.

My major lifts:

Deadlift: 355x6
Bench: 235x5
Squat: 285x3 (but I got 285x5 the week prior :( )

I'd also appreciate a bodyfat estimate... I'm thinking about 12% right now. My target is a solid 8%, so I figure I need to lose about 5-7 more lbs of fat (might equate to a bit more actual weight loss). Hopefully I'll be done in less than 2 months. Can't wait to start eating more, lol.

Last edited:

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Impressive man. I would say you're under 12%. Well on the way to 8%.

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
Great progress!!

merph

merph

Awards
Great progress man. What are your calories looking like? I'm about the same size as you and been having good results with about 2200 split up 20/40/40.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great progress man. What are your calories looking like? I'm about the same size as you and been having good results with about 2200 split up 20/40/40.
Thanks! I do lean gains so I eat 2300 on workout days 3x a week and 1500 on my 4 rest days. I subtract fiber from my cal count, so if you include it it'd look more like 2500/1550

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
10% is my guess.