Prices should be mandatory

snyderd1972

snyderd1972

Awards
Just a little tweak to the auction rules. I'm thinking a price should be mandatory?

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah... let the buyer and seller dicker it out privately

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I always hate throwing a ballpark figure because I never know if I am being a cheap mofo or a high roller lol.

snyderd1972

snyderd1972

Awards
I always hate throwing a ballpark figure because I never know if I am being a cheap mofo or a high roller lol.
Understandable. I usually would error a little to the low side most everybody here knows how to search to make sure there getting a good deal. Most of the time just free shipping makes it feel worth it to me.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a little tweak to the auction rules. I'm thinking a price should be mandatory?
This section is called the Supplement Auction, not the Supplement Classifieds.

Auction implies that prices will vary & are not fixed :bigok:

Nah... let the buyer and seller dicker it out privately
Agree :biggthumpup:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This section is called the Supplement Auction, not the Supplement Classifieds.

Auction implies that prices will vary & are not fixed :bigok:

Agree :biggthumpup:

This. Although a price would be nice, usually it can turn a potential buyer away as well. Better to list what all you have (within the rules) & you can put a price in the post if you want. I usually list a price &/or best offer. I usually like to speak to the person, cause sometimes your price could be too high or maybe even lower & the potential buyer could be interested in other things. So things can go a lot of ways, but it doesn't need to be mandatory.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I miss down east dickering .... makes me wonder what tony, codfish, and duke are up to. Clint and Bruce too!!!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I throw prices on almost all my auctions but always open to negotiatiate as well

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never list prices

Reactions: GNO