Pretty sure the supp game is just one big hoodwink

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Much the same story after my Triazole run, although with that I also had a blood test to back up my doubt. Although I didn't get my levels tested beforehand, I tested them after 40 days of Triazole to find myself in the abnormally low range for total and free T. So if Triazole didn't necessarily hurt me, I sure as hell can't say it helped me.
This is off topic but in your Triazole review I think you said that you had abnormally high LH and low T. This would indicate a problem with the testicles. If that's the case you aren't going to have much luck with these types of supplements in regards to elevating T levels. You might want to investigate it further.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
You should buy this product because... blah, blah, blah let me read the label and I'll decide from there. I know enough of the science to draw my own conclusion.

Oh another thought: I find that many start using supplementation as an excuse to not work so hard. I don't have to do cardio or I can have some pizza because Im on _______. Totally false.
I'd be careful there: these companies know they are selling to critical and clued up people: thus they make the 'science' of their products sound very plausible. I have a Bachelor in biomedical science majoring in molecular biology and I'm doing postgrad medicine, I've worked in research labs, and I personally still find that supplements which are useless sound scientifically 'sound' when you read about them, because the marketers employ very smart people to make it sound that way :) While I think it's good to be critical, like you are, you should also be wary of assuming a supplement will work because it sounds like it has a good scientific principle: if it isn't backed up by human RCTs then it aint got ****.

Hell, if you work in research you'll know the majority of drugs we invent SHOULD work based on the underlying scientific principles and knowledge it's based upon, but come to human double blinded RCTs most show no benefit. E.g it's been shown recently that cholesterol modulates the deposition of plaques in the brain which causes Alzheimer disease. So statins and other cholesterol lowering meds should reduce incidence of Alzheimers right?

Initial retrospective studies said yes, but when they did a few large scale RCTs following thousands of statin users over many years: no benefit. It SHOULD have worked- but it doesn't.

So make sure your judging the research, not just making sure there is some form of research there.

Cheers

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
How many people here watch those stupid ab swing pro commercials or the like where they dazzle the world with how just swinging away for 15 minutes a day will 'shred kilos and give you a rock hard six pack'?

We all laugh because it's so ridiculous to us, who know that weight loss is diet, and getting a six pack is diet again, and certainly not easy.

But really, most of the supps that bodybuilder aspirants take are exactly the same as the ab swing pro: they don't deliver what you hope they will, and if they do, its due to confounding factors such as, and most importantly, the hard training and dieting you were doing along with the supplement. Placebo effect at best- you work out a little harder due to the added perception of reward to effort the supp is giving you. The reason why these supplements aren't viewed with the same disdain as the ab swing pro is that they are marketed differently. Ab swing pro is marketed at couch potatoes who don't know a thing about fitness: and it sells for that reason.

Bodybuilding supps are marketed toward people with nutritional knowledge and training knowledge, so they slap impressive labels on, doctor some lab results and add intense chemical names and throw in some top notch broscience and recruit sponsors. But in reality, it's just more spin aimed at a more specialized group.

And just like fitness pros who laugh at couch potatoes buying the ab swing pro, so do scientists, doctors and most especially, research companies and supp industries, except this time at the fitness freaks who think their buying the latest way to naturally lean out or bulk up or recomp, where in reality they are buying a placebo effect, which should not cost so much :)

Not to say no supps work: some supps have a place in adding that 5% like others have said. But really on that note, anyone who says a supp has added 5% to their results must be pretty precise with their measurements, because a +/- 5% tolerance for results which are sometimes as small as a few lbs of fat or muscle, is pretty darn hard to judge :p

Stick with the staples (or go to proven compounds like aas or ph), and invest the rest back into the training and diet. My opinion anyways :p
VERY well said mate!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A while back I posted how I took Triazole and got nothing (or worse) from it. Now I just did 28 days of Erase Pro and can't say it did me a lick of good.

Let's look at test-boosters and anti-e's. Did a supp rep ever come out and say "My T was (#) before taking this product, and now my T is (#)"?

But so far I've taken two supposedly powerful test boosters and have not felt ****.
So did you have blood tests before taking them that showed you had high estrogen? Both of them work to boost testosterone by lowering estrogen. If you had low estrogen to start with, they wouldn't changer things much

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
So did you have blood tests before taking them that showed you had high estrogen? Both of them work to boost testosterone by lowering estrogen. If you had low estrogen to start with, they wouldn't changer things much
The one thing I agree about most on this thread,,, and my biggest criticism of a lot of people is for not doing pre and post labs,,, let alone mid cycle labs,,, I prepaid for three labs prior to my current cycle,, did a pre with my doc,, gonna do two midway and a post lab with privatemdlabs.com

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
The one thing I agree about most on this thread,,, and my biggest criticism of a lot of people is for not doing pre and post labs,,, let alone mid cycle labs,,, I prepaid for three labs prior to my current cycle,, did a pre with my doc,, gonna do two midway and a post lab with privatemdlabs.com
On an 18 week cycle ... so basically one every 6 weeks

therealest77

So wait, hold on a second, does that mean Pink Magic doesn't work? That freakin teenage sales guy at *** told me if I take 12 pink pills a day, for 7 days, cycle off for 5 hours, and stack it with Tribulus; I'll be freaking huge in 8 days. Darn liar....

I do have my staples though:)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read about 2 sentences of the OP and then stopped. Haven't read anything else, either.

Just wanted to say it's always a fun time when this thread pops up. Eesh.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
100% diet
100% training
5% supps

Just my opinion

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I thought boiling and whatman filtering arginine was working out real well,,, you guys should try it,,, really dry pumps and the tachychardia and blackouts really let me know it works!!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Glad this thread did not get derailed.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
So wait, hold on a second, does that mean Pink Magic doesn't work? That freakin teenage sales guy at *** told me if I take 12 pink pills a day, for 7 days, cycle off for 5 hours, and stack it with Tribulus; I'll be freaking huge in 8 days. Darn liar....

I do have my staples though:)
WOULDNT TOUCH pink magic based on its name alone.......sounds like a candy bar or a girls comic

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Unsubbed

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Erase pro is a nice sup that works good, if op didn't notice anything from it he is either lying or has something else going on.

Profion

Awards
Ok listen im going to say this strait from my heart!

Ive used alot of pre-workout products and 8 out of 10 have worked, some better then others! i praise:
jack3d
craze
no-xplode 2.0
I really feel these products working right after taking them and the effects are there!

Ive used Active xtreme - Triazole and i coudent feel that i used them, agian these products are hard to tell if they work or no! but blood tests are going to show if they do or not!

Oxyelite pro<------- If you havent tried this and you doubt that some supplements work, this is going to knock you right off that thought! This **** works well and i mean ****ing well!
after 30mins i feel warm as hell, i start sweatting, my appetite is surpressed, my heart rate is up, energy levels are enourmes almost to the point of adrenaline befoer a fight sometimes!

oxyelite pro, all the way! Im on day 5 so the effects arent there yet! but if some of ya follow my log i report back on the effects of the supplements i use!

and yes,., creatine is a 100%?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ive used alot of pre-workout products and 8 out of 10 have worked, some better then others! i praise:
jack3d
craze
no-xplode 2.0
I really feel these products working right after taking them and the effects are there!

Ive used Active xtreme - Triazole and i coudent feel that i used them, agian these products are hard to tell if they work or no! but blood tests are going to show if they do or not!

Oxyelite pro<------- If you havent tried this and you doubt that some supplements work, this is going to knock you right off that thought! This **** works well and i mean ****ing well!
after 30mins i feel warm as hell, i start sweatting, my appetite is surpressed, my heart rate is up, energy levels are enourmes almost to the point of adrenaline befoer a fight sometimes!

oxyelite pro, all the way! Im on day 5 so the effects arent there yet! but if some of ya follow my log i report back on the effects of the supplements i use!

So essentially, you feel that PWOs and fat burners work to elevate your heart rate and get you amped. Lol

therealest77

My girlfriend has some pink magic!! I eat it daily!!
Yep, I get raging blood flow pumps when I eat a girl's pink magic as well. I had this Brazillian chick once and I.....wait, sorry, wrong thread...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yep, I get raging blood flow pumps when I eat a girl's pink magic as well. I had this Brazillian chick once and I.....wait, sorry, wrong thread...
:laughing:

Finish the story? She pulled down her lace panties and in the midst of all that hair she had a d!ck and tried to phuck u n the azz?

therealest77

:laughing:

Finish the story? She pulled down her lace panties and in the midst of all that hair she had a d!ck and tried to phuck u n the azz?
On the contrary, she was hairless, with a phat p**sy...

But was that your experience in Brazil?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
On the contrary, she was hairless, with a phat p**sy...

But was that your experience in Brazil?
It was a similar experience when me and your mother vacationed there...

:cheers:

therealest77

It was a similar experience when me and your mother vacationed there...

:cheers:
So she watched u get phuked in da azz by a tranny?

Not surprised at all, she likes to watch people make fools of themselves. Dont worry about it dude, I won't judge you, I promise.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So she watched u get phuked in da azz by a tranny?

Not surprised at all, she likes to watch people make fools of themselves. Dont worry about it dude, I won't judge you, I promise.
Good man!

:dance:

But what you said.... :gay:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
unsubbed as well

complete lack of intelligent conversation

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Unsubbed, don't need e-dating event stories and escapades. Was a good start to a topic.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Supplements are exactly what their name implies. They are a supplement to a good workout and diet routine. Supplements themselves are not going to make a drastic difference in anybody. And granted some of it is placebo, but many supplements also have studies to back up their claims.

If you feel nothing works for you, then by all means, stop taking supplements. You can do much the same without them. But some people want the extra edge that a supplement may be able to provide. It takes awhile of getting to know your body before you can tell if a supplement is benefiting you at all. I know my body. I can tell if something is doing something or not.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Holy flippin hell, since when did AM become a humor-free zone?

ManBeast

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Right. Guess the recover pro thread is hilarious ;)
No, that topic was always a humor topic, this was a really good solid serious topic. Time and place kinda thing, at least imo. I don't see anything wrong with humor but when you start talking about sexcapades and ripped down panties on average I'm going to unsub, I don't think the topic needs to go away, just not stuff I want to talk about in a serious thread. Also don't think saying P**** is a great thing to have in a topic as it pushes that offensive line.

Example if my wife was looking over my shoulder she'd be offended, or if I was viewing the topic at work, and etc.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
No, that topic was always a humor topic, this was a really good solid serious topic. Time and place kinda thing, at least imo. I don't see anything wrong with humor but when you start talking about sexcapades and ripped down panties on average I'm going to unsub, I don't think the topic needs to go away, just not stuff I want to talk about in a serious thread. Also don't think saying P**** is a great thing to have in a topic as it pushes that offensive line.

Example if my wife was looking over my shoulder she'd be offended, or if I was viewing the topic at work, and etc.
That could happen on any thread...
Thought you were un subbed? Either way you're an alright guy so if I offended you, good... ;) just joking, but I agree a bit, we could've gotten out of hand. I have to remind you in today's day and age no place is really safe, especially online, next time I'm writing a post I think of you and remember to show some respect.
This topic when started was a more voice opinion topic....

rb624

Awards
I didn't have blood work done before. I remember them mentioning lowering estrogen but neither product claimed that was their only function. They both claimed to boost T in three ways.

rb624

Awards

jack3d
craze
no-xplode 2.0

Pre-workouts and fat-burners definitely ramp up the heartrate, no doubt. They definitely give you more energy to workout. Whether fat-burners are actually burning fat is another question. Even if they are, I don't like the thought of manipulating my CNS on a regular basis. Whether "the pump" from NO2 products actually means better gains is debatable. Not sure about creatine. I seem to feel better immediately upon ingesting it, which doesn't make a lot of sense and suggests placebo. I do work out harder with it, but I've have heard some reputable lifters say it doesn't effect anything but your mind. The more I think about this stuff, "supps that work as opposed to placebos" is almost a chicken or the egg type of argument.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't have blood work done before. I remember them mentioning lowering estrogen but neither product claimed that was their only function. They both claimed to boost T in three ways.
My previous response
This is off topic but in your Triazole review I think you said that you had abnormally high LH and low T. This would indicate a problem with the testicles. If that's the case you aren't going to have much luck with these types of supplements in regards to elevating T levels. You might want to investigate it further.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supplements are exactly what their name implies. They are a supplement to a good workout and diet routine. Supplements themselves are not going to make a drastic difference in anybody. And granted some of it is placebo, but many supplements also have studies to back up their claims.

If you feel nothing works for you, then by all means, stop taking supplements. You can do much the same without them. But some people want the extra edge that a supplement may be able to provide. It takes awhile of getting to know your body before you can tell if a supplement is benefiting you at all. I know my body. I can tell if something is doing something or not.
For me, the issue is not whether supplements actually work or not. They obviously do something. But whether or not Formestane or DAA or Tocophenols actually do something beneficial isn't the question or problem. The issue is industry honesty. Most companies are out to get a quick buck and often times underdose the product or in some of the most unethical companies - all of it is bunk.

I rarely trust a supplement company simply because I know that by law they have no regulations and no regulations means that people with a little bit of start up cash can go buck wild on false marketing and make 1000% profit on each bottle of filler that they market as a true supplement. There is so much corruption and dishonesty in our country these days and I personally believe the supplement industry (due to it's extremely low level of regulations) is a breeding ground for dishonesty of suppliers. Due to the current laws passed by Oregon's senator, the FDA is hands off in the take-off stage of product development and marketing, but can later come in an investigate the products being sold to deem them as lawful or not. Notice that the FDA never puts a stop to designer steroids before they hit the market. It's always after they've been on the market for a few months or even a few years. That's why many companies do a "short run" of steroid products OTC because they know that it'll get knocked and possibly get the company shutdown if the product is on too long. Just think of ACL, for instance.

To me, it's a matter of business law and the lack of ethical responsibility of people these days that makes me question the quality and legitimacy of supplements on the market.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This.

We all know pre w/o gives you energy, protein is protein, creatine is studied, thermogenics provide energy, but over-all most supplements you really don't need and won't actually make or break your progress in anyway.

You say how can a rep say that, well I enjoy the products from my company, and although they may not make or break you, they so give you a slight edge as long as everything else is in place.
You get energy from a thermo?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A while back I posted how I took Triazole and got nothing (or worse) from it. Now I just did 28 days of Erase Pro and can't say it did me a lick of good. I've also read a lot of user's logs, and I can't help but think that (at least for the most part) this supp game is just one big sham. The logs are filled with things like "I felt harder" and "My libido increased" and "I got a dryer look" and all kinds of abstract notions. I thought I may have had some of those symptoms too, but come on. Would any of us swear over our mother's or kids' lives that these supps have actually done anything for us? It's easy to convince yourself that some supp did something for you, because you're looking for that to be true, but beyond thermogenics making my heartrate zoom, I have no idea if any supp has done jack for me.

There is a faction out there who tell the world that the supp co's are ripping us off, and I'm starting to see their point. Most supp co's don't tell us anything concrete about their product's results. Those that do, offer us studies that are flawed or purposely vague. Let's look at test-boosters and anti-e's. Did a supp rep ever come out and say "My T was (#) before taking this product, and now my T is (#)"? I can't remember reading anything like that. They just sell us fantasies of "hard" "dry" "lean", etc.

I also love how a lot of the dudes logging **** on this board are usually taking 5,6,7 other products on and off simultaneously. They stop and start various supps at the drop of a hat and think that their log of one particular product holds water.

I know I haven't read everything on this board. There may be exceptions. But so far I've taken two supposedly powerful test boosters and have not felt ****. Feel free to PM me (if I'm not banned) if you think there is real product out there. If you agree with me, then stop feeding their machine. Keep your money in your pocket for a while, and maybe somebody somewhere will actually come up with a product that works instead of one that makes us say "I think it's working; I think I'm making gains (blah blah blah)".
So if I am taking creatine, fish oil, cissus, protein, and a non stim fat burner, my test booster log holds no water? And because my test booster log also has an intra and pre workout associated.....I assume you're going to tell me those results are skewed too?
I agree with some of the stuff you said here. But. That was a very inaccurate assumption.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards