Prep Log

tbdaforever

Awards
Whats up everyone,

Ill make this post an intro post. I've been seriously training since 2021, hypertorphy training only. Took a while to get everything dialed in but once I did, I decided I wanted to start competing. Sitting at 10 weeks out right now and 186 lbs. Won't go into gear use since it looks like majority here isn't into gear talk. Training is Chest/Tris, Back/Traps, rest Shoulders/Bis, Legs rest repeat, abs are done one training day and calves the other.

Photos in order are end of last bulk, 5 weeks ago, and Sundays check in

Shoulder/Bis

Giant set
Seated DB Lateral Raises - 15 reps
Seated DB Front Lateral Reaises - 15 reps
Seated Bent over Rear Delt - 20 reps

3 sets
27.5 lbs

Incline Smith Shoulder Press
215 lbs x7
165 lbs x15

Cuffed Cable Lateral Raises
5 sets of 15 use the same weight for all sets first set is kinda light last set impossible
50 lbs set 1
40 lbs remaining sets

Incline Bench Rear Delt Swings
2 sets of 50 50 lbs

Cable curls facing away from machine (weight per hand)
37.5 lbs x14
32.5 lbs x15
30 lbs x15

EZ Bar Cable 21s
3 sets x90 lbs

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl
140 lbs x9
110 lbs x16
95 lbs x15

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im absolutely not a posing coach but i got buddies that compete. When you do a back double if you bring your arms up higher so your elbows are basicly in line with your delts it makes The arms and delts look bigger and the lats will show better. The only reason i'm even mentioning it is because i'm terrible at posing And one of my buddies is always using that as a cue to bring the elbows up higher. Both for the front double and the back double.

You mind if i bring a few ppl into your thread to follow along?

tbdaforever

Awards
Im absolutely not a posing coach but i got buddies that compete. When you do a back double if you bring your arms up higher so your elbows are basicly in line with your delts it makes The arms and delts look bigger and the lats will show better. The only reason i'm even mentioning it is because i'm terrible at posing And one of my buddies is always using that as a cue to bring the elbows up higher. Both for the front double and the back double.

You mind if i bring a few ppl into your thread to follow along?
Yea my posing is awful but after that check in I had an apt with someone who works under Ruff Diesel so we got things in place.

Of course bro invite away!

tbdaforever

Awards
Forgot to mention everything is taken to failure unless otherwise noted

Legs

Unilateral leg press
2 plates x 25
1 plate n 25 lbs x26

Seated leg curl
250 lbs x 12
205 lbs x15
190 lbs x 20

Leg extensions sets of 6 until couldn't get 6 30s rest

Standing hamstring curl (had to do it on leg extensions since the standing leg curl is broke)
3 sets to 15 last set to failure then double drop to failure
*these felt surprisingly good on the leg extension. Better than the actual machine

Stiff leg DB deads
115s x15
110s x13
90s x21

30 minutes cardio.

tbdaforever

Awards
Cardio today. New low of 184.4 so weight is still dropping off. We havent changed diet since 16 weeks out if Im not mistaken.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I normally cut way more aggressively. But im enjoying this style a little more
When im just cutting for a weight class I get super aggressive. What if I'm cutting specifically for the best look possible I slow down and do it the way you're doing it right now.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In to follow. Good luck with the comp. This your first one? For end of a bulk your legs looking pretty lean/vascular, so should be a good prep/cut.

tbdaforever

Awards
In to follow. Good luck with the comp. This your first one? For end of a bulk your legs looking pretty lean/vascular, so should be a good prep/cut.
Yea its my first comp.
I don't hold too much fat on my quads I think I kept the veins for a majority of the bulk there.

tbdaforever

Awards
When im just cutting for a weight class I get super aggressive. What if I'm cutting specifically for the best look possible I slow down and do it the way you're doing it right now.
What do you compete in?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What do you compete in?
Bench press only 2x
I did a weird Is round robin style deadlift only.
And 4 times in the past 2 years i stopped lifting so i could strip off 30-40lbs for boxing but i had all 4 guys back out. That is nothing to do with me it just happens often. Guys like to bail a week or two before the flights. I grew up wrestling and boxing and i still try to hop in tourniments and get fights here and there but im starting to age out lol turning 39

tbdaforever

Awards
Bench press only 2x
I did a weird Is round robin style deadlift only.
And 4 times in the past 2 years i stopped lifting so i could strip off 30-40lbs for boxing but i had all 4 guys back out. That is nothing to do with me it just happens often. Guys like to bail a week or two before the flights. I grew up wrestling and boxing and i still try to hop in tourniments and get fights here and there but im starting to age out lol turning 39
Pretty impressive to still go for it at 39. Does muscle mass negatively impact fighting?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pretty impressive to still go for it at 39. Does muscle mass negatively impact fighting?
Yes lol. You can hit harder but your a little slower and gas out a lot faster. When im like 210+ espically if on cycle il gas out in 2 or 3 rounds. My lungs might feel fine but my arms and shoulders just go dead. You get massive lower back pumps too. But I'll just basically drop 90% of my lifting and want some down to about a 190 pounds. I don't guess out like that anymore. Even right now at 200 pounds I can do 8-10 rounds on the heavy bag but sparring someone whos fast and active il gass by the third round

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry for the typos. Basically Your muscles need oxygen, So if your muscles are using up all the oxygen you're gonna burn out quicker. Also the more muscle you have the more of a pump you get. A pump's not very good for endurance.

tbdaforever

Awards
Chest and Tris today Going back for cardio later all the treadmills were taken

Incline DB Flys
65s x11
60s x12
45 lbs x17

Incline Machine Press Rest Pause set
2 plate and 20 lbs x5 x2 x1

Flat Machine Press
190 lbs x10
160 lbs x11

Pec Dec 2 count contraction and 2 count in the hole
130 lbs x14
120 lbs x14 with a dropset

Rope Press Downs
180 lbs x13
175 lbs x13

Dips
BW + 25 lbs x12
BW + 15 lbs x12
BW x14

Reverse Grip and Regular grip Pushdown SS
135 lbs for 15
120 lbs for 20
110 lbs for 20

Straight Bar Pushdown
195 lbs x7, x5

tbdaforever

Awards
9 Weeks out

This workout always kicks my ass Don't feel like reliving the misery by adding weights and reps to it so its just an outline of what I did. Waiting on check in feed back but im going to assume were dropping cals soon

Shoulders and Bis
Cuff Cable Lat Raises
3 sets 12-15 4 count negative

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press Neurtral Grip with a double drop on last set
S1 8-10
S2 10-12
S3 12-15 and 2 drops

Standing Rear Cable Flies
3 sets of 12-15

Incline Bench Rear Delt Raises
S1 12-15
S2 15-20

Seated DB Lat Raises Strict Form
S1 10-12
S2 12-15

EZ Bar Cable Curls
S1 15-20
S2 8-10
S3 10-12

DB Preacher Curl
S1 12-15
S2 10-12
S3 15+

Incline bench Spider Curl
S1 10-12
S2 12-15

DB Hammer Curl
2 sets of 12-15 with 3 count negative then last set hammer out 5 more reps however possible

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to follow, looking good. Lets see how much detail you can bring out for the show!

tbdaforever

Awards
Diet change for today and today only

Pretty good pump after the added muffin.

Train legs at 70% intensity and no cardio

M1 12 oz egg whites, 2 slices of bread, (ADD) muffin

M5 7 oz flank steak, (ADD) 200g rice, greens

M6 (SUB) protein shake for double cheeseburger and fries

tbdaforever

Awards
Still training and dieting. Just been busy as hell and tired as hell to update the log

Sunday was chest and tris
Yesterday was Back and Traps

Weight is 185 after a refeed day.

Pretty fucking tired all day long but nothing unbearable.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still training and dieting. Just been busy as hell and tired as hell to update the log

Sunday was chest and tris
Yesterday was Back and Traps

Weight is 185 after a refeed day.

Pretty fucking tired all day long but nothing unbearable.
Sometimes it’s just a grind, but in the end it’s worth it.

tbdaforever

Awards
Still training just busy as hell with prep work school and trying to maintain relationships

Diet changes
50gs of rice and 1 rice cake dropped from high days

200g of rice dropped from low days.

First low day was yesterday and it was rather brutal. But im getting absolutely shredded

No changes to gear or training. Hoping to drop volume and raise intensity soon

Cardio moved up from 5% incline to 7% and added 5 minutes a day