ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, I had seen a video, of which I will share, that said icing the testicles increases testosterone and sperm health. I work from home, and have been sitting on a gel ice pack, 3x a day, for 20 to 30min. I wear gym shorts, and so the ice pack is not directly against my skin, or my briefs. I’ve been doing it 4 or 5 days now. I have more aggression, facial hair growing faster, higher libido and morning wood more frequent. Going to keep doing, and get blood work done in a month or 6 weeks.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK, so I am not the only one trying this ... whew.

I am less dedicated, however. I have been doing it once a day. Also, I have been taking cold showers. I'll take the ice pack over a cold shower EVERY TIME.

I have noticed increased timber as well.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
OK, so I am not the only one trying this ... whew.

I am less dedicated, however. I have been doing it once a day. Also, I have been taking cold showers. I'll take the ice pack over a cold shower EVERY TIME.

I have noticed increased timber as well.
If anyone would of replied, it would be you hehe. If my office wasn’t in my living room, I probably would not be as dedicated, but since it is, I have no excuse but to see how good the results can get. Live overall improves if one can naturally raise testosterone.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't believe this to be a real thing.
I believe that this belief comes from cooling the Testes in order to increase Sperm and Sperm quality.

Exposure to cold is actually connected to lower Test levels.

In the beginning of the video, he stated that he had been icing his balls, and "doing other things", attempting to raise his Test.

So, I looked it up, and found things like this:

But keep it up. Who knows what you'll find out.

Plus ... If people thought you were cool before, now you definitely will be!

:)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I believe that this belief comes from cooling the Testes in order to increase Sperm and Sperm quality.

In the beginning of the video, he stated that he had been icing his balls, and "doing other things", attempting to raise his Test.

Hahahaha. Well, I take hot showers and a lot of sauna use, plus sitting down a lot for work, so cooling the boys off a few times a day probably having more a positive effect on me than negative. But I promise, noticeable aggression increase directly related with only change in one variable, also, easier to get an erection, holding an erection when I don’t want to, and more morning wood; the only variable change was icing the testes. Could it all be mind power, causing an increase of gonadatropin and or LH? Who knows, whatever the mechanism, good things happening.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Based on some additional reading, and I am not trying to be contrary, there are studies that show icing your testicles prior to exercise, and then exercising and bringing everything back up to a more normal temp - increases T production. Yes, believe it or not, there are studies supporting this. Of course, I didn't bookmark any of them. Conversely, icing your nads after exercise is alleged to result in a T reduction.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

When you said cold decreases testosterone, are you saying temporarily applying cold temperatures to the testes, or cold weather in general? I agree, when it’s cold, and winter, you have decreased UVB and vasoconstriction, and both of those can cause a decrease in testosterone

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When you said cold decreases testosterone, are you saying temporarily applying cold temperatures to the testes, or cold weather in general? I agree, when it’s cold, and winter, you have decreased UVB and vasoconstriction, and both of those can cause a decrease in testosterone
In general.

Normally I would have looked at it a little closer, and added more comments, but it's a crazy day for me today...
LOL

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In general.

Normally I would have looked at it a little closer, and added more comments, but it's a crazy day for me today...
LOL
Right, understand crazy days.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Based on some additional reading, and I am not trying to be contrary, there are studies that show icing your testicles prior to exercise, and then exercising and bringing everything back up to a more normal temp - increases T production. Yes, believe it or not, there are studies supporting this. Of course, I didn't bookmark any of them. Conversely, icing your nads after exercise is alleged to result in a T reduction.
I really don't have a lot that I can add at the moment.

Either way, I'm looking forward to "The Icing".

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should only be an acute T reduction post workout.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A high level Chinese weightlifting coach used to say this works as well (I used to know some decent weightlifters) so maybe there is something in it.

i understand photobiomodulation directly to the balls also increases testosterone (clinical studies appear to back that up) so maybe try both?

personally I’m gonna stick with pinning test in the ass and butt fucking the living daylights out of anything in a skirt to keep my levels elevated though 🤣

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m just going to throw this out there, but I read somewhere that cold showers or ice baths aren’t really good for muscle building purposes. Kind of the same idea as antioxidants around your workout.

I realize that ice baths/cold showers have a whole bunch of benefits besides muscle building.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Oh, also you need to come up with a name for this. Like the polar bear club, call it the polar ball club.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it's a lot easier to switch from briefs to boxers. Lol

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m just going to throw this out there, but I read somewhere that cold showers or ice baths aren’t really good for muscle building purposes. Kind of the same idea as antioxidants around your workout.

I realize that ice baths/cold showers have a whole bunch of benefits besides muscle building.
Right, I don’t do ice baths or cold showers, so I believe the temporary teste icing won’t hinder muscle, and even still seems to be improving my testosterone. Even having higher estrogen symptoms.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Right, I don’t do ice baths or cold showers, so I believe the temporary teste icing won’t hinder muscle, and even still seems to be improving my testosterone. Even having higher estrogen symptoms.
Ya, I’m not suggesting that this includes icing the testicles.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A giraffe walk into a bar.

He says "hey, the highballs are on me".

Thank you.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So, I had seen a video, of which I will share, that said icing the testicles increases testosterone and sperm health. I work from home, and have been sitting on a gel ice pack, 3x a day, for 20 to 30min. I wear gym shorts, and so the ice pack is not directly against my skin, or my briefs. I’ve been doing it 4 or 5 days now. I have more aggression, facial hair growing faster, higher libido and morning wood more frequent. Going to keep doing, and get blood work done in a month or 6 weeks.

In for the results. do you have a "before" bloodwork panel?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In for the results. do you have a "before" bloodwork panel?
I have gotten before blood work, (not recent) but I know where I am normally, and it’s normally under 700ng/dl. So if I’m over 700ng/dl, I’ll know what I’m doing is working. I feel like my testosterone is higher, libido is higher, morning wood is annoying, skin more oily, energy levels and focus better, even on less sleep, motivation and the masculine feeling is higher. Also, not icing this week since in another state on vacation. Since I’ve not been icing for a few days, acute aggression not as high.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have gotten before blood work, (not recent) but I know where I am normally, and it’s normally under 700ng/dl. So if I’m over 700ng/dl, I’ll know what I’m doing is working. I feel like my testosterone is higher, libido is higher, morning wood is annoying, skin more oily, energy levels and focus better, even on less sleep, motivation and the masculine feeling is higher. Also, not icing this week since in another state on vacation. Since I’ve not been icing for a few days, acute aggression not as high.
Id be more interested in before and after LH/FSH and sperm count.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Id be more interested in before and after LH/FSH and sperm count.
Unfortunately I don’t have pre labs for those. But I can tell you that I’m very fertile, even after steroid use. I have 3 girls, and could easily have more if I’m not very careful. So sperm, pre testosterone optimization is fantastic through anecdotal experience. I guess I could get an LH/FSH lab done.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
to expand on cold showers, wouldn't it be better to do variant of hydrotherapy? By doing a all the way hot shower followed by all the way cold water at the end for a bit

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
to expand on cold showers, wouldn't it be better to do variant of hydrotherapy? By doing a all the way hot shower followed by all the way cold water at the end for a bit
I've done that - years ago - at a racketball club. It was startling, and by that I mean frightening cold.