Pre-workout induced hypotension?

nidhogg

Awards
Consumed my regular daily stack, but today they were at the same time just after waking up. 1 scoop Jack3d micro, erase pro and 50mg forskolin. 30 mins in i developed some light headedness which progressed to shortness of breath, vasoconstriction and paraesthesia around the ear region. Felt like complete ****, couldnt work out.

I got me some bananas, drank some saline solution and immediately got better to a more comfortable state. Still sipping on some regular water, but pissing like a horse.

Looking over the ingredients, jack3d micro consists mainly of vasodilator compounds(higenamine, NO precursors and agmatine). Forskolin also being a vasodilator. In addition to this, erase pro is said to be diuretic i think.

Note i have used all of this before, just never around the same time.

What is your opinion on this? Is it hypotension? Dehydration?

Dr.Cooper, whats the verdict?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you taken the Micro fasted before like that?

There is a chance your blood-pressure dropped but your combo isn't something too out of the ordinary. I know Coop has commented about how there is this possibility with how many different things some people combine. He is pretty busy lately but maybe with a mention he'll be able to drop by in the coming days if he gets a chance.

nidhogg

Awards
I have consumed micro on empty stomach several times. Currently doing IF so i workout fasted. Consuming it with forskolin on the other hand is a first

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have consumed micro on empty stomach several times. Currently doing IF so i workout fasted. Consuming it with forskolin on the other hand is a first
Interesting. Forskolin does have some vasodilatory properties, but I was under the assumption it wasn't a huge factor. There is always the chance some outside influences from things other than supplements that caused it. Keep us updated on this if it happens again/doesn't happen/etc.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry I'm late. Forskolin is a mild vasodilator, but in some prone users, it can cause cerebral vasodilation which can approximate symptoms of more severe, systemic vasodilation. We also know nitrates increase cerebral perfusion, so it's likely that combination that caused the issues.

During your fasting periods, are you taking in a lot of electrolytes + water? One of the things to look out for with IFing is the lack of isotonic fluid intake. People typically pound pure water which isn't doing much for the plasma volume because you're literally getting zero electrolytes during the fasted period.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry I'm late. Forskolin is a mild vasodilator, but in some prone users, it can cause cerebral vasodilation which can approximate symptoms of more severe, systemic vasodilation. We also know nitrates increase cerebral perfusion, so it's likely that combination that caused the issues.

During your fasting periods, are you taking in a lot of electrolytes + water? One of the things to look out for with IFing is the lack of isotonic fluid intake. People typically pound pure water which isn't doing much for the plasma volume because you're literally getting zero electrolytes during the fasted period.
This is spot on as always.

rajan_kauai

rajan_kauai

Awards

Dont mean to hijack the thread but I had a question about my Purus Labs D-Pol a DAA based test booster. I normally workout in the morning, but decided to work out at night and with my first dose of D-Pol to asses tolerance only took 2 pills as opposed to the full serving of 3 pills. The ingredients are Vit D: 4000IU, Vit B6: 2mg, Vit B9: 400mcg, Vit B12 6mcg, Sodium: 130mg. Along with it LH/ Free testosterone/ATP Vasodilatory Oxygen Sparing Matrix which consists of- DAA (3.12g), Nitratene (high molecular-yield nitrate form)(std. 73% nitrates)(480mg), Vitamin D3 (4000IU).

*** after taking this around 6pm, working out and then going home, during the night i became increasingly thirsty and ran through a liter of water in 30-40 minutes and pissed like no tomorrow and couldn't quench my thirst. Only after a protein shake and a whole liter in a short period was I able to sleep without the need for water. Any explanation as to why this was happening?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Interesting on forskolin, didnt no that!