Powertec rack & bench...should i jump on this deal?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. I have a chance to buy this Powerteck rack and Powertec utility bench. Here is everything included w/pics.

1.power rack with the safety spotter bars
2. barbell "rest" pins
3. pull-up/chin-up handles
4. dip attachments
5. complete bench (assembled)
6. leg curl/leg lift attachment w/ collar
7. original documentation
8. extra bench back.

All this for $400.

I am just starting my home gym and have read many good things about powertec equipment and at this price, I think it is a pretty good deal. Anyone have opinions? What would you do?

Pics of the set are included

thanks

Attachments

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Seems like a good deal to me as long as it's all in good shape. I have a similar setup as the core part of my home gym and it's a great way to go. I don't have any personal knowledge of the brand, but it looks plenty solid enough for a home gym.

dd

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
thanks diamonddave. Im pretty close to pulling the trigger on this. Anyone else have opinions?

thanks

Seems like a good deal to me as long as it's all in good shape. I have a similar setup as the core part of my home gym and it's a great way to go. I don't have any personal knowledge of the brand, but it looks plenty solid enough for a home gym.

dd

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
That is an excellent deal, go for it bigtime. Powertec makes great products.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
thanks yagman....i jumped on this deal. Bought from him today and already have it in my garage and setup. I absolutely love the quality. It is very sturdy and well made. You can tell the parts are top-notch. Now i just gotta get an olympic bar and about 300lbs of plates and go from there.

thanks

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
DAMN!! That's a great deal man...I'm guessing that this was from someone you knew? Or was it from a retailer? If so, where? :)

Does anybody know where I can get a similair setup??

deech

Board Supporter
Awards
I just bought a similar rack from newyorkbarbells.com. I am really impressed with the quality, and the shipping is usually free on their bigger items. Not as good a deal as msucurt, though - rack alone was $429.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Yea man, i basically found it for sale from a guy i knew on another forum. He only had the equipment for a year, and got something else. So he decided to sell it. I got a pretty kick a** deal. I prices the cage rack and bench out and it basically goes for $600. Im going to a store here locally called PLAY IT AGAIN SPORTS and getting a brand new olympic bar with 300lbs of plates for $159.00. Not a bad deal either.

Just shop around man, you can find some pretty good deals. Definitely check ebay for sure

later

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
im very happy with the quality of powertec and i highly recommend it so far.

thanks

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
Yea man, i basically found it for sale from a guy i knew on another forum. He only had the equipment for a year, and got something else. So he decided to sell it. I got a pretty kick a** deal. I prices the cage rack and bench out and it basically goes for $600. Im going to a store here locally called PLAY IT AGAIN SPORTS and getting a brand new olympic bar with 300lbs of plates for $159.00. Not a bad deal either.

Just shop around man, you can find some pretty good deals. Definitely check ebay for sure

later
Sears is a great place to buy plates and bars. Weider makes their stuff. They almost always have a sale going.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
yes, i did buy it from john rampage jackson....im very happy with it so far.

thanks

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's an absolutely killer.. amazing.. deal. You have yourself a pretty mean home gym. All you really need now is a upper and lower pully...

Lucky Beotch. :)

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
yea, ill get one of those eventually, but for now, i can do other exercises for my back that are just as good (barbell rows, dumbbell rows, pullups, etc).

And yes , i did get lucky

later beotch...hehe

Meerschaum

Awards
Hello all. I have a chance to buy this Powerteck rack and Powertec utility bench. Here is everything included w/pics.

1.power rack with the safety spotter bars
2. barbell "rest" pins
3. pull-up/chin-up handles
4. dip attachments
5. complete bench (assembled)
6. leg curl/leg lift attachment w/ collar
7. original documentation
8. extra bench back.

All this for $400.

I am just starting my home gym and have read many good things about powertec equipment and at this price, I think it is a pretty good deal. Anyone have opinions? What would you do?

Pics of the set are included

thanks
I dont know if the bench is the same, but I have the powertec 'open rack/bench' combo, and the bench kinda sucks come to think of it so does the open rack pretty much... its solid, its sturdy, its going to be around alot longer than I am... BUT I'm a 6'2" guy and my feet barely contact the floor when its set flat, that really sucks, so I hafta put cinder blocks down for my feet to rest on to get a good footing... this pisses me off to no end and yet I move plates and that dosent bother me?... again I dont know if the bench is the same... if it is, my advice is to buy it anyway for the power rack (if the rack is deep enough) and just get a new bench, or go and buy a cheaper power rack http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92563.html and bench seperate ;) .....