PostJYM vs Torrent vs ?

Forumname05

Awards
So I've been using Universal's Torrent PWO for quite a few years now. I literally crave it immediately after my last set! I was always a huge Universal/Animal fan and have had good results with their products, but over the past couple of years have moved to other brands with great results with certain supplements.

My current stack is as follows:
Orange Triad, Orange Oximega and Greens
PreJYM and ProJYM
Xtend
Torrent
Optimum Casein

I'll also cycle in M-Stak, Cuts and Compound20 depending on a particular goal at a certain time. I'm currently trying out D-Pol.

I've recently started using some of the JYM supplements and I don't mean to be a fanboy, but so far PreJYM and ProJYM have been great. AlphaJYM honestly had no noticeable difference.

I'm now thinking about trying PostJYM which now comes in two seperate tubs, one being the 'active matrix' and the other is just dextrose, both of which you can buy seperately. My idea is to buy PostJYM and some bulk dextrose for PWO immediately followed by ProJYM. This should have all of my bases covered with a well formulated post workout strategy.

Another reason why I'm thinking about doing this is I think the bulk dextrose would be very versatile. I work nights and lift when I wake in the evening. My normal routine is a serving of ProJYM immediately upon waking/45 min prior to lifting with a serving of PreJYM 30 min prior. Xtend intra and currently Torrent post. I've recently switched to a routine with higher volume and I tend to be wiped out because I don't have enough time to eat a whole food meal prior to lifting after waking. My idea is to maybe take some dextrose with my pre, maybe some intra and post as well.

I also ride mountain bikes a lot and use Xtend while riding with GU packets, clif blocks, etc. I could now instead mix some dextrose in with my xtend for those hard rides.

I'm researching carbs, so any input is appreciated. I was looking at getting some NOW foods bulk dextrose. Is there a better choice or a better carb source than dextrose for what I'm looking to do?
How many G's should I consume pre, intra and post?
I'm about 185 with a decent bf% and looking to add some more solid lean mass over this winter (who isn't?).

For what it's worth, here are the ingredients for both PostJYM and Torrent...

PostJYM
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (20g)
Calories 10
Total Carbohydrate 2 g
Sodium 95 mg
L-Glutamine 3 g
Creatine Hydrochloride 2 g
Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn®) 2 g
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (as Carnipure™) 2 g
Betaine (Trimethylglycine) 1.5 g
Taurine 1 g
L-Leucine 3.6 g
L-Isoleucine 1.2 g
L-Valine 1.2 g
BioPerine® 5.3 mg

Torrent:
Serving Size 3 Scoops (~99 g)
Calories 302
Calories From Fat 14
Total Fat 1.5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Total Carbohydrate 52 g
Sugars 26 g **
Protein 20 g
Calcium 150 mg
Sodium 160 mg
Potassium 175 mg
Torrent Proprietary Blend 18000 mg
Anti-Catabolic Leucine Complex 8,000 mg
N-Acetyl Leucine **
Leucine Ethyl Ester **
Leucine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG) **
L-Leucine **
Volubolic Amino Blend 7,000 mg
taurine **
Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate **
L-Phenylalanine **
Citrulline Malate **
Creabolic Complex 3,000 mg
Creapure® **
Creatine MagnaPower® (magnesium creatine chelate) **
Creatine Gluconate **

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How are you liking the d-pol? In all honesty a banana would be a lot simpler, cheaper, & just as effective as a carb source.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Save your money. No need for a post workout shake product.