Post your thanksgiving recipes

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Stuffing:
Roasted Garlic, Sage, and Sausage Stuffing

Serves 10
To roast the garlic, remove top quarter of bulbs, drizzle bulbs with olive oil, top with thyme and sage, and bake thirty to thirty-five minutes.

5 cups crumbled Cornbread
3 cups cooked Carolina Gold rice cold
9 tablespoons butter plus more for pan
3 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (3/4 cup)
1 large onion cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 cups)
3 ribs celery strings removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 1/2 cups)
1 medium green pepper cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
1 1/2 pounds sweet fennel sausage casing removed
2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
1 1/2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
3 to 4 cups Homemade Chicken Stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
3 bulbs roasted garlic

1. Heat oven to 375°. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cornbread and rice, and set aside. In a large skillet, melt 5 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, and sauté until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add onion and celery, and sauté until onions are translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Add green pepper, and sauté 1 minute. Combine vegetables and corn-bread mixture.

2. In same skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to break up large pieces, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove sausage with slotted spoon; mix with corn-bread mixture, along with poultry seasoning, sage, salt, and pepper. Discard rendered fat from skillet. Add stock, 1 cup at a time; mix. (You may not need all stock.) Stuffing should be well moistened.

3. Squeeze garlic from skins; mix gently into corn-bread mixture; keep them whole. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter; drizzle over top of stuffing. Bake until top is golden and stuffing is heated through, 45 to 50 minutes. To reheat, bring to room temperature, and cover; bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake until heated through, about 10 minutes more.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Sage, Orange, and Clove Rotisserie Turkey

For the rub:

2 tablespoons granulated orange peel
1 tablespoon dried sage
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 turkey, 12 to 14 pounds

2 small oranges, washed and dried
12 whole cloves
6 medium garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch fresh sage, tied with cotton string

To make the rub: In a small bowl combine the rub ingredients. Set aside.

Remove the pop-up timer, as well as the neck, giblets, and any excess fat from the turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey, inside and out, under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.

Pierce the oranges several times with a knife and insert six whole cloves into each of them. Put the clove-studded oranges, garlic, and sage into the turkey cavity. Truss the turkey with cotton string. Pin the neck skin flap to the body with two or three small trussing needles.

Skewer the turkey lengthwise through the oranges and center on the spit. Rub the entire exterior with the rub mixture, pressing it into the skin. Set the spit on the rotisserie and let the turkey rotate over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 170°F in the breast and 180°F in the thickest part of the thigh, 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours.

Turn off the rotisserie. Wearing barbecue mitts, carefully remove the spit from the rotisserie and place it on a cutting board. Loosely cover the turkey with aluminum foil and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes. Remove the spit and discard the oranges, garlic, and sage. Carve the turkey into serving pieces. Serve warm.

Makes 12 to 14 servings.

I dont do the rotisserie. I just use indirect heat on a weber charcoal. most excellent.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
what am i the only bitch on this board who likes to cook????

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I don't have any thanksgiving recipes....I'm not a bitch...I don't cook!! ;) J/K...I wish I could cook well. I just ruin perfectly good food when I get in the kitchen.

Anyway, since this is a recipe thread and I just came across these recipes, I figured I'd post it anyway....100 Tuna Recipes. I have a hard time eating tuna, so I was realy excited to find this! Here's a .doc file I copied and pasted into, I believe the original post was from DeepSquatter.com....it's in the file.

Last edited:
wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Low fat chocolate cream pie:

I gram cracker shell ( already done)
2 pkgs fat free chocolate pudding
1 container fat free cool whip

Open the pudding pkgs, follow directions, pour into gram cracker shell and top with cool whip, chill and serves 8-10 people!!!!