PLEASE HELP, Should I take a break from stims/caffine

DarkWarrior

Awards
I lately been taking pre workout 5 times a week for almost a year now. Im currently feel depressed without some sort of energy boost.

I think its a good idea to take a break but I just dont feel good at the gym when I do. Is it ok if I just drink Cofee pre workout and no stims?

Would appriciate some help guys.

thank you

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you've been taking a pre for a year straight i think you should definitely take a one to two week stim break and then come back. Once you take your break and come back your tolerance will gone so your pre will hit hard again.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could take a good non stim pre. VasoMax has Alpha-GPC and Huperzine A which will help with focus. I hardly ever use a stimmed pwo anymore. I don't miss it as long as I have nootropics in my non stim.

Chasingtails

Awards
“Is it ok if I just drink coffee pwo and no stims?”

What do you think caffeine is?

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
Maybe lower preworkout dose for 2 weeks or so and take a few weeks off running a non stim preworkout.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wrong section.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I lately been taking pre workout 5 times a week for almost a year now. Im currently feel depressed without some sort of energy boost.

I think its a good idea to take a break but I just dont feel good at the gym when I do. Is it ok if I just drink Cofee pre workout and no stims?

Would appriciate some help guys.

thank you
If you've been using a pre workout for that long, I would not go cold turkey. I would use a lower dose a few times per week for the first week, the next week, use a lower dose every training day, then the third week, use your pre workout only a few time per week, then that fourth week, I would not use anything at all except for a non stim product. I would not use stims for a good four weeks.

Do you drink coffee or anything else that contains caffeine on a daily basis as well? If so, I would also restrict that as well.

For non stim products, VasoMax, High Volume, and Kraken Pump on my top three. VasoMax would be great if you need that extra focus due to the Alpha-GPC and Hup A. Alpha-GPC has also been shown to increase strength output.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
DO NOT go cold turkey! You’ll get serious migraine headaches and withdrawals from the caffeine addiction. Trust me, I tried! Taper off and try a low dose source of caffeine, and ween yourself off of it. Once you’re “clean” stay that way for a couple of weeks

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don’t be a wet pussay just man up and stop.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you may consider taking prenenolone while restricting stimulants...should help mitigate some of the sides while also helping with mood and energy levels.

DHEA would also go well with the pregnenolone...

Alpha Gainz has a topical pregnenolone product called Alpha P5, you can find it for like $15...great value and works great!