Please answer these questions for school Project

xpin2winx

Awards
Hi I am a junior in High school. I am doing a project on todays supplements and how they affect the user. Originally, i was doing the effectiveness and safeness of these supplements since i am currently a universal stack, but since the research was very hard to find alot of positive and little negative effects, i chose to do the negative effects of todays popular supplements, such as creatine, nitric oxide, prohormones, testosterone boosters, HGH, glutamine, and steroids. I need to interview someone for part of this project so if you could answer some of these questions it would be great. Please be somewhat specific.

Q: Do you have any knowledge on today's popular sports enhancers/supplements?

Q: What are today's popular but risky supplements?

Q: Does the media make these supplements look worse than they actually are?

Q: Why do athletes commonly seek the use of these supplements/drugs when they realize the consequences?

Q: What supplements/drugs should never be consumed?

Q: What supplements/drugs actually work and is safe to consume?

Q: What supplements do more harm then good?

Q: Is nutrition and exercise enough in todays word to produce top athletes?

Q: Why do you believe that creatine which many consider safe or harmful is so controversal? and why is it so negatively percieved by many?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
1. Lots of knowledge in suppplementation through scholarly articles and documentation.
2.Today's popular supplements that cause risk are pro-hormnes, although plenty of people still use AAS due to the Quasi Contract Law.
3. YES, the media makes hormones out to be the destruction of individuals in the future, which only occurs when one does not have proper knowledge, and abuses the compound.
4. Athletes seek supplements/drugs to outperform the competition, there is a lot of pressure applied to perform at a specific rate, supplements also provide a relief of confidence in them, as well as recovery and strength.
5. One should never take a supplement without knowing the probable side effects and consequences associated with them.
6. In my opinion any extrogenous hormone will do more harm than good, again one must understand what he or she is putting in the body, stimulants can real harmful if abused for long periods of time.
7.YES, with proper nutrition, exercise, and deep sleep, an athlete can be an elite. No steroid will make one into the best athlete in the world, first is natural abiility, then application of one's skill to maximize their potential; which requires lots of motivation and drive.
8. People perceive creatine to safe or harmful because they are uneducated. Yes creatine does send neurotransmitter actions, but at minimal rate. Creatine works through the GLUT-4, the same passage way that steroids work in. If one does not drink plenty of water when on creatine, then there may be a problem; because creatine requires water to be at a higher intake for water cellular retention. Improper water intake can cause kidney, liver, and CNS problems. Other than that, creatine is rather safe, again knowledge and wisdom are power.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I couldnt have answered better, good post. Good point made about creatine, people ARE uneducated about it, recently a woman in a health store asked if i was all natural i said at the moment, she said good because she hated people using creatine, she owns the store!! I explained that creatine is natural, and she was very suprised. Its not the first time people have had a false view of creatine hat ive spoken too.