PES Select Protein Tastes Amazing + Great Ingredient Profi

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Review is for Cookies and Cream flavor.

Taste: 9/10

Not too sweet, not too protein tasting. It's actually perfect. Other great tasting proteins have a really, really sweet taste to cover up the protein. This protein actually has FLAVOR. Nice job.

Mixability: 8/10

Mixes well in a water bottle, but can clump up just a little. Otherwise all good here.

Ingredients: 9/10

This would be an 11/10, but I don't like sucralose. The limited number of ingredients, protein isolate/concentrate and leucine peptides are great.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taste: 9/10 Not too sweet, not too protein tasting. It's actually perfect. Other great tasting proteins have a really, really sweet taste to cover up the protein. This protein actually has FLAVOR. Nice job. Mixability: 8/10 Mixes well in a water bottle, but can clump up just a little. Otherwise all good here. Ingredients: 9/10 This would be an 11/10, but I don't like sucralose. The limited number of ingredients, protein isolate/concentrate and leucine peptides are great.
Thanks for the review BBG. We appreciate the feedback.

Just curious which flavor did you have? All of them?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review BBG. We appreciate the feedback.

Just curious which flavor did you have? All of them?
This review is for Cookies and Cream. I want to try the other flavors but it's not in my budget just yet to order a bunch of protein. I usually just do 1 scoop a day, so when this tub runs out I may get the chance to try the other flavors.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This review is for Cookies and Cream. I want to try the other flavors but it's not in my budget just yet to order a bunch of protein. I usually just do 1 scoop a day, so when this tub runs out I may get the chance to try the other flavors.
CnC is my favorite flavor. Keep a look out here and on our Facebook page for giveaways. Maybe you could score a tub of the others. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the review. :)

Cookies and cream is my favourite as well but snickerdoodle seems to be the most popular.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CnC is my favorite flavor. Keep a look out here and on our Facebook page for giveaways. Maybe you could score a tub of the others. :)
haha! Good idea. I liked the page and posted my review on there as well. Seems fair in exchange for creating such an excellent protein!

I'll probably end up buying the snickerdoodle next month anyway. I'll post up my review when I do

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha! Good idea. I liked the page and posted my review on there as well. Seems fair in exchange for creating such an excellent protein! I'll probably end up buying the snickerdoodle next month anyway. I'll post up my review when I do
We appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the other flavors sir.
Chocolate is the best flavor. PES does chocolate the best in my opinion.
Josh has the flavoring game figured out for sure. I have yet to try a flavored PES product I haven't fell in love with. Even though the chocolate is my third favorite I still really enjoy it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the other flavors sir. Josh has the flavoring game figured out for sure. I have yet to try a flavored PES product I haven't fell in love with. Even though the chocolate is my third favorite I still really enjoy it.
Tastes like a chocolate bar to me!. Yum.

CobbledPath

Awards
I agree cookies and cream is the better flavour, but to be honest I find all of them unpleasant. The chocolate is just so sweet and artificial tasting and snickerdoodle is similar. Sorry PES but not even the quality science and ingredient profile is enough to get me through the overly sweet artificial flavour..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree cookies and cream is the better flavour, but to be honest I find all of them unpleasant. The chocolate is just so sweet and artificial tasting and snickerdoodle is similar. Sorry PES but not even the quality science and ingredient profile is enough to get me through the overly sweet artificial flavour..
Sad to hear this. Taste is highly subjective, but still sorry you didn't enjoy it. :(

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much liquid did you use? They are intended to be sweet enough to honour the flavour description but they shouldn't be overly sweet. Perhaps try with more liquid, it should be much better.

CobbledPath

Awards
Thanks for the tips fellas, I've tried more and less water, tried milk and almond milk (def no go's) tried adding peanut butter and cocoa. I don't consume sugar so I dunno why, but the sweetness is sickening. My favourite whey is Dymatize Elite Chocolate (not the gourmet that's gross). I bought about 8 tubs of PES Protein at the presale as I believe in what PES does and am a huge fan. anyway just a whinge, sorry to derail a positive thread.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the tips fellas, I've tried more and less water, tried milk and almond milk (def no go's) tried adding peanut butter and cocoa. I don't consume sugar so I dunno why, but the sweetness is sickening. My favourite whey is Dymatize Elite Chocolate (not the gourmet that's gross). I bought about 8 tubs of PES Protein at the presale as I believe in what PES does and am a huge fan. anyway just a whinge, sorry to derail a positive thread.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it. In the time since the launch I do believe this is the very first post stating they didn't like the taste. To each his own.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Review is for Cookies and Cream flavor.

Taste: 9/10

Not too sweet, not too protein tasting. It's actually perfect. Other great tasting proteins have a really, really sweet taste to cover up the protein. This protein actually has FLAVOR. Nice job.

Mixability: 8/10

Mixes well in a water bottle, but can clump up just a little. Otherwise all good here.

Ingredients: 9/10

This would be an 11/10, but I don't like sucralose. The limited number of ingredients, protein isolate/concentrate and leucine peptides are great.
oh.. howdy strander

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will you be selling the 8 tubs then? I'm sure they would be sold in a flash.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh.. howdy strander
Celtic started sponsoring here so you'll see me around again...

And just wanted to give credit where credit is due for PES protein

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Celtic started sponsoring here so you'll see me around again... And just wanted to give credit where credit is due for PES protein
Great BBG. Thank you and we will see you around. :)