PES Enhanced sample review by fumoney

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to THANK BPjohn123 and the entire PES team for this opportunity to sample their new PWO product - ENHANCED

I received 2 samples couple days ago and I was able to try out 1 sample this morning.

I am not what you would say a dedicated PWO user. I have tried out sample packets here and there, but I have never used them in a regimen for an extended period of time. I have used workout enhancers (see what I did there ?) in the form of fat burners, agmatine and BCAA.

I have a pretty good idea what STIM does for my body. It usually gives me a boost aerobically in a burst. Maybe a 10-15 minute burst during the workout then it fades out. When it fades, I definitely notice a difference and sometimes need to struggle to finish the workout.

Agmatine works well for me in the way of enhancing (did it again) muscle contraction. It gives me a nice mental boost, seeing the muscle pumped up and veiny. Definitely some placebo effect there. However, I do need to pace myself a bit since the contractions are painful at times.

BCAA provides me with energy during workouts when cutting and I like to use it pre- and intra- workout when energy level is low due to lack of calories or carbs.

So.....why did I want to finally get into the PWO game in the way of using a formulated product ?

How can all these people be wrong. So many people are using them to improve their workouts and the industry is now flooded with PWOs. Competition means better product and if I need to start, why not do it with a reputable company like PES ?

Due to lack of experience with formulated PWOs, I won't be able to compare my results of using Enhanced with any other PWOs. I can only try to explain anything I am seeing to the best of my knowledge and maybe help other first time PWO users, if there are any, who thought about purchasing Enhanced.

Here is my review

Appearance -

1 - Beige sandy colored powder with slight grainy texture. I am assuming color will be added on final product ?
Sample.jpg

2 - It does not clump with pressure.
3 - Lite iced tea or beer color when mixed with water.
foaming.jpg

Solubility -

1 - Mixes immediately with water. Seems to mix when I put the powder in the cup and poured water over it. Vigorous shake mixes the powder completely with no clumps or residue.

+++VIDEO LINK+++
[video=youtube;UwZ9vpLS7p8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZ9vpLS7p8[/video]

2 - Some settling does occur. Need to swirl the cup to mix it again prior to drinking.
Settling.jpg

See the sandstorm ?
Settling effect swirl.jpg

3 - If shaken vigorously, foaming does occur. It takes some time for it to go away. I swirled the cup several times to get rid of the foam, although not completely.

Taste -

1 - I took a bit of the powder and put it in my mouth. It tasted sweet, but I could not figure out what it tasted like. Possibly the blue raspberry modern BCAA ? It tasted pleasant enough and not overly sweet where I think I could probably put it all in my mouth and chase it down with water.

2 - When mixed with 12 oz of water, it tasted like a powdered fruit drink. Again, not overly sweet and definitely drinkable. I am sure flavoring will be added and evaluation of taste is definitely subjective.

Workout Summary -

I woke up at 4:30 AM this morning after sleeping for 5 hours. I mixed my Enhanced sample with 12 oz of water and downed it at 5:30 AM and off to the gym I went.

I lifted as soon as I got there. (about 30 minutes elapsed since taking enhanced)
Chest workout first thing in the morning after a 16 hour fast. I did not feel an overwhelming rush of energy, but felt fully awake. I followed my normal Chest routine for comparison. Started off with pyramid progression on Incline Smith bench press. Pyramided up to top weight and finished off with 2 drop sets. Hmmm....I normally need to catch my breath a bit before going to the next exercise, but I felt like I had enough to do more. I did 2 more drop set. Even after I was done, I did not feel like I had to catch my breath. My chest and arms were fully pumped. In the video below, you will see me resting the bar on my upper chest at the end of the exercise. Aerobic improvement or placebo effect? I am not sure. I just felt like I could continue. Here is a video of the last set.

+++VIDEO LINK+++
Smith Incline Press 315-275-225-185-135 (drop sets) fumoney - YouTube

After the pyramid, I normally finish off with 8 sets total of supporting exercises.

I worked on machine flyes for 4 sets....then followed with 3 drop sets.
I worked on machine chest press for 6 sets....then followed with 2 drop sets.

Still placebo effect knowing I had something different in me and wanted to push the limits ? Better muscle / mind connection or mental focus?

It's definitely something. That was an increased load of 2 sets + additional 5 drop sets total.

I had some energy left over, so before I left I hit the elliptical for 20 minutes. definite placebo effect here as I pushed the pace as fast as I can to see what I had left.

I burned 404 calories in 20 minutes. Fasted pace I had completed all year. This is usually my peak pace (20 cals/minute) on cardio only days.
cardio.jpg

OK, I was now spent.

COMMENTS -

After I came home, I sat down for few minutes to reflect.

1 - Excellent workout.

2 - No strength increase, but better aerobic capacity and overall energy.

3 - Muscles were hard and pumped.

4 - Better focus and wanting to and can do more. (some of this attributed to placebo effect, but work load increase was noticeable)

5 - Tastes good. No bloat.

6 - Mixed well with water.

7 - How do I differentiate first time PWO user reaction versus first time Enhanced user reaction?

Can't really conclude anything at this point since this is just one workout. But I am intrigued and want to really test out this product. If I see the same positive reaction with the second sample during a deadlift day (usually get light headed and need a lot of time to recover), it really gives me enough validation to make the insider purchase. I am sure the insider deal will include other PES products that will make it worthwhile. If I have positive experience with the insider deal, then maybe I need to include PWO in my future supplement regimen in the form of Enhanced by PES.

Again, I want to thank BPjohn and the PES team for letting me test out Enhanced.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is one of the best supplement reviews I've read. You sir, raised the bar (pun intended)

Enhanced had me at hello.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent job with the review Fumoney. I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is one of the best supplement reviews I've read. You sir, raised the bar (pun intended)

Enhanced had me at hello.
Thank you Sean !!!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent job with the review Fumoney. I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you.
Thank you Breezy. It was a great experience testing it out this morning. Can't wait for the insider deal !

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you Breezy. It was a great experience testing it out this morning. Can't wait for the insider deal !
That makes two of us.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great job, thanks for giving your feedback brutha

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, another definite plus. Ongoing energy thing is no joke. Up since 4:30 AM with less than optimal sleep. Add to that a workout right after waking up and thats a recipe for a good nap. Well..... I am still feeling great !

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
OK, another definite plus. Ongoing energy thing is no joke. Up since 4:30 AM with less than optimal sleep. Add to that a workout right after waking up and thats a recipe for a good nap. Well..... I am still feeling great !
Love it, is is how I felt

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love it, is is how I felt
Going to try out the second dose later this week during night workout. Slowly recovering from back spasms so deadlift day is out.

I will most likely test them on another chest day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MidwestBeast Supplement Auction 2
CATdiesel76 Supplement Auction 1
Xrkc6x PES 111
breezy11 Supplement Logs 29
Supplements 51