Thoughts?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How is it any better than leucine peptides from protein factory and from metabolic nutrition

Attachments

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
Looks really interesting. From the same supplier that developed paraxanthine and brought it to market.

Price point is too high though. Would definitly try for $59, maybe even $69, but $89 is crazy.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks really interesting. From the same supplier that developed paraxanthine and brought it to market.

Price point is too high though. Would definitly try for $59, maybe even $69, but $89 is crazy.
Protein factory already has bcaa and leucine peptides and bpi sports also has amino peptides as well as metabolic precision has peptides that I currently use .

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
Protein factory already has bcaa and leucine peptides and bpi sports also has amino peptides as well as metabolic precision has peptides that I currently use .
Do they have any clinical studies to back them up?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By MuscleTech

Thoughts?
A much better question would be what are you expecting out of it.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A much better question would be what are you expecting out of it.
well for 89$ it better give gains of one vial of trestolone acetate or two vials of test. Lol because I can do either and have money left over in some cases.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some of these supps are getting crazy expensive. Even stuff like vitargo are nuts. Weird when your carb, aminos, and hydrolyzed protein bill is more then the gear you buy. Ha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well for 89$ it better give gains of one vial of trestolone acetate or two vials of test. Lol because I can do either and have money left over in some cases.
That was kinda my point. No matter what a supplement is, i feel like creatine level should be the most you expect out of a natural prodduct geared at building muscle, strength and recovery. Of course There are some very comprehensive products for various different things that are gonna be expensive. But I don't think this product fits the bill.

Also to your other post, my intra workout mix of a boatload of aminos with some creatine and glutamine costs me a solid 120$ month. And those are just basic supplements nothing fancy, Add another sixty bucks for my vitamins and im 200 month.

I don't do a lot of protein powder. One jug usually lasts me about a month. Because I only use it in a pinch order to make deserts. I've actually been thinking about doing more for convenience. But price wise, I'd rather go to costco and get a three pound chicken everyday for $5

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards
That was kinda my point. No matter what a supplement is, i feel like creatine level should be the most you expect out of a natural prodduct geared at building muscle, strength and recovery. Of course There are some very comprehensive products for various different things that are gonna be expensive. But I don't think this product fits the bill.

Also to your other post, my intra workout mix of a boatload of aminos with some creatine and glutamine costs me a solid 120$ month. And those are just basic supplements nothing fancy, Add another sixty bucks for my vitamins and im 200 month.

I don't do a lot of protein powder. One jug usually lasts me about a month. Because I only use it in a pinch order to make deserts. I've actually been thinking about doing more for convenience. But price wise, I'd rather go to costco and get a three pound chicken everyday for $5
Last time I was at Costco they had Ascent whey isolate on sale for 43 bucks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Last time I was at Costco they had Ascent whey isolate on sale for 43 bucks
That dosent reqlly tell me anything, is it a 1lb, 2lb, 5lb, 10lb? $43 would be a great price for a 5lb jug. Ive also never heard of that brand. But, theres only a handfull of companies that supply whey to the supplement companies so the brand probably dosent matter. Also do they have flavor selections or just the standard choc or vanilla.

One thing i like to do is check ocean state job lot. I dont know if there a east coast thing or everywhere. But they get leftover stock for a lot of things in there store. Every once in a while you can find a high quilaty whey in a 18-25serv container for like $12 and 30gm whey protein bars for $1. But its far and few so il stock up when its something decent.

20240123_051806.jpg

This one was $9.99, but.... i screwed up. I grabbed 4 and the first one was grass fed whey. The other three were vegan proteins and I didn't realize it. They are terrible tasting lol.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some of these supps are getting crazy expensive. Even stuff like vitargo are nuts. Weird when your carb, aminos, and hydrolyzed protein bill is more then the gear you buy. Ha
Its way more expensive (Supps).
My TRT bill was $75.00 for the year, 3 bottles. .5 cc a week (125 mg), one bottle lasts 20 weeks. (I'd get 3 - $25.00 each).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Its way more expensive (Supps).
My TRT bill was $75.00 for the year, 3 bottles. .5 cc a week (125 mg), one bottle lasts 20 weeks. (I'd get 3 - $25.00 each).
You're correct, But you're also comparing a perscription medication, possible covered by insurence, to a luxury item (supps)

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
You're correct, But you're also comparing a perscription medication, possible covered by insurence, to a luxury item (supps)
Not to mention a lot of people don't want to take gear or are too young for TRT.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The reason I say it is because the two things have no correlation to each other. Supplements are not a alternitive to steroids

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sold out but didn’t know stores sold it already

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That dosent reqlly tell me anything, is it a 1lb, 2lb, 5lb, 10lb? $43 would be a great price for a 5lb jug. Ive also never heard of that brand. But, theres only a handfull of companies that supply whey to the supplement companies so the brand probably dosent matter. Also do they have flavor selections or just the standard choc or vanilla.

One thing i like to do is check ocean state job lot. I dont know if there a east coast thing or everywhere. But they get leftover stock for a lot of things in there store. Every once in a while you can find a high quilaty whey in a 18-25serv container for like $12 and 30gm whey protein bars for $1. But its far and few so il stock up when its something decent.

View attachment 239787
This one was $9.99, but.... i screwed up. I grabbed 4 and the first one was grass fed whey. The other three were vegan proteins and I didn't realize it. They are terrible tasting lol.
Ocean State is definitely a Northeast thing. When I lived in upstate NY I’d stock up on protein bars, some powders, and the occasional hardcore Pre for very cheap.

The rest of the country has similar stores but NONE that I’ve seen have a sports nutrition area like Ocean State Job Lot

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excited for the new science on dileucine, hoping to read some positive feedback but this looks like leukic all over again, overpriced stuff. Asked @sns8778 if he would release a dileucine product, didnt sound like it, looking for a more affordable alternative,

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

View attachment 239787

The last Vanilla whey they (Ocean St) were getting (2 lbs of Isolate for 9.99) was awesome protein. I bought around 10 tubs in all.
But yes this Vegan stuff, I gave one a try (Strawberry) just horrible, medicine-like....

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Excited for the new science on dileucine, hoping to read some positive feedback but this looks like leukic all over again, overpriced stuff. Asked @sns8778 if he would release a dileucine product, didnt sound like it, looking for a more affordable alternative,
You won't find one bc Muscletech has the exclusive on this.

I'm honestly not excited about this bc it reminds me of past things they had exclusivity on - and I can't recall any of them turning out to be anything nearly as special as claimed to be. Examples that come to mind would be - LEUKIC (which the marketing reminds me so much of), GAKIC, and then just year before last, that Paraxanthine ingredient that was supposed to be the next big thing. With that, their exclusivity ended and you see hardly anyone using it or hardly any demand for it.

And this is coming from someone (me) that actually likes and respects Muscletech as a great marketing company. They do a great job of taking ingredients and sensationalizing them and making people believe the hype - they've been awesome at that since day one.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You won't find one bc Muscletech has the exclusive on this.

I'm honestly not excited about this bc it reminds me of past things they had exclusivity on - and I can't recall any of them turning out to be anything nearly as special as claimed to be. Examples that come to mind would be - LEUKIC (which the marketing reminds me so much of), GAKIC, and then just year before last, that Paraxanthine ingredient that was supposed to be the next big thing. With that, their exclusivity ended and you see hardly anyone using it or hardly any demand for it.

And this is coming from someone (me) that actually likes and respects Muscletech as a great marketing company. They do a great job of taking ingredients and sensationalizing them and making people believe the hype - they've been awesome at that since day one.
This!
Well said and 100% agreed
The study compared 2g Leucine with 2g Dileucine.
Maybe 4g-6g Leucine is even better and MUCH cheaper than 2g Dileucine.
I personaly believe that. This Dileucine seems like a desperate move by Muscletech

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
G

Galambia does
Do you mean Glanbia? And when someone asks usually if you are actually aware of any studies linking them helps the person you are quoting out.

Ya I think studying peptides like this is interesting and could find something one day, but this feels like MT is jumping the gun. There are 3(?) studies I’ve seen and they still feel like they are in the real preliminary stage. There is nothing wrong with them in general, but comparing versus 2g Leucine just feels a bit pointless given what we know about leucine at this point.

This!
Well said and 100% agreed
The study compared 2g Leucine with 2g Dileucine.
Maybe 4g-6g Leucine is even better and MUCH cheaper than 2g Dileucine.
I personaly believe that. This Dileucine seems like a desperate move by Muscletech
Ya exactly. Especially considering what we know about how a lot of studies on Leucine show the benefit when it’s making up for suboptimal overall protein content. Maybe some other peptides or even dileucine may have utility in certain populations, but doesn’t seem super relevant to lifters yet and even more so when you see that crazy price tag.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mean Glanbia? And when someone asks usually if you are actually aware of any studies linking them helps the person you are quoting out.

Ya I think studying peptides like this is interesting and could find something one day, but this feels like MT is jumping the gun. There are 3(?) studies I’ve seen and they still feel like they are in the real preliminary stage. There is nothing wrong with them in general, but comparing versus 2g Leucine just feels a bit pointless given what we know about leucine at this point.

Ya exactly. Especially considering what we know about how a lot of studies on Leucine show the benefit when it’s making up for suboptimal overall protein content. Maybe some other peptides or even dileucine may have utility in certain populations, but doesn’t seem super relevant to lifters yet and even more so when you see that crazy price tag.
I can bet taking 3g Leucine to each meal will be cheaper and stimulate MPS than 2g Dileucine

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can bet taking 3g Leucine to each meal will be cheaper and stimulate MPS than 2g Dileucine
That’s kind of what I’m saying and for most people serious about diet and training that’s not even necessary because they eat enough protein with each meal anyways.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s kind of what I’m saying and for most people serious about diet and training that’s not even necessary because they eat enough protein with each meal anyways.
Absolutely

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Examples that come to mind would be - LEUKIC (which the marketing reminds me so much of),
I will never forget the fairy tale from Muscletech on LEUKIC.
"MuscleTech claims that it is the only 100% anabolic compound available on the market"
"
Leukic is said to stimulate your muscle growth and build permanent, dense muscle mass"

I would never buy Muscletech hype