Peanuts VS Almonds VS Peanut Butter

DieStrong

DieStrong

Awards
Sup guys,

Looking at adding more to my diet in any part possible, I use to be a "Mass Gainer" I am now a "Lean Gainer"
Lets just say I now grow a gut with ease where as I never use to..

I noticed a lot of the bros on here use Nuts or Almonds or P-Butter

Which would be best to snack on for lean gains and how much of it?

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Sup guys,

Looking at adding more to my diet in any part possible, I use to be a "Mass Gainer" I am now a "Lean Gainer"

Well any of them would work with portion control. Almonds seem to be the most nutritionally sound though.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I'm a big fan of both raw almonds and natural peanut butter. The above poster is right, it's all about portion control. Another objective should be to keep sugar at a minimum -- they are both full of monounsaturated fat though, which is a good thing.

mdpwrlifter

Awards
I'm a big fan of both raw almonds and natural peanut butter. The above poster is right, it's all about portion control. Another objective should be to keep sugar at a minimum -- they are both full of monounsaturated fat though, which is a good thing.
Agreed, almond butter might be an option too, though I've never tried it.

Chequamegon

Awards
Almond butter is the bee's knees. I actually prefer it over peanut butter, and it's healthier for you!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
it would maybe be in the organic section. I know mine carries it in the bottom of the PB section. Trader joes also has it if there is one near you

mdpwrlifter

Awards
I don't think there is I'll check organic though.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
most p-butter has trans-fat if you go with peanut stick with natural i myself eat almond butter sometimes natural but its$$ i've found some without all the oils thats cheap($5)called barney butter taste good and cheaper then most.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sup guys,

Head over to Trader Joe's(hopefully you have one in your area) and grab yourself some almond butter. When you just throw a few scoops of that in a small tupperware or bowl with some fresh fruit(berries are my choice) I tell you what....It's a pretty damn tasty snack. lots of flavor

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, they are different. bjs probably carries it too, I know at least some costcos do

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
no, they are different. bjs probably carries it too, I know at least some costcos do
I haven't seen it at any BJ's I've been too yet, but i could have easily missed it.

ChrisSurf

Awards
most p-butter has trans-fat if you go with peanut stick with natural i myself eat almond butter sometimes natural but its$$ i've found some without all the oils thats cheap($5)called barney butter taste good and cheaper then most.
Skippys Natural Honey Roasted FTMFW! If I didn't have self control I would end up eating 5 jars a day, that PB is so damn good. Only thing that sucks is they sell it mainly in the smaller size around 16oz at publix, though I could swear I saw 40oz one at Walmart.

Turnitup122

Awards
Skippys Natural Honey Roasted FTMFW! If I didn't have self control I would end up eating 5 jars a day, that PB is so damn good. Only thing that sucks is they sell it mainly in the smaller size around 16oz at publix, though I could swear I saw 40oz one at Walmart.
The best peanutbutter ever made right there^. Too much sugar for me unfortunately