peanut butter

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incomplete proteins are much more complete than everyone has been led to believe.

Much more importantly, 6-8 tablespoons is only around 30g of protein. Not much for a "main source".
For those of you that often get incomplete proteins, I usually suggest adding some bulk Leucine (3-5g) to help increase the anabolic effect of the meal.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
2Tbsp Peanut Butter

Amino Acid Profile

Protein 8.0g

Tryptophan 72.6mg

Threonine 165mg

Isoleucine 194mg

Leucine 486mg

Lysine 214mg

Methionine 83.5mg

Cystine 72.0mg

Phenylalanine 378mg

Tyrosine 260mg

Valine 246mg

Arginine 870mg

Histidine 175mg

Alanine 288mg

Aspartic acid 960mg

Glutamic acid 1600mg

Glycine 451mg

Proline 443mg

Serine 466mg

Especially considering that most of us eat 200g or more of protein every day, the phrase "incomplete protein" is quite irrelevant.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i use this

from walmart, around $2.60 for a 1lb container. has added egg protein as well as flax + wheat germ

Serving Size 2 tbsp
Calories 169
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130 mg
Carbs 8 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugar 2 g
Protein 10 g

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
You can of course eat more pb than that. I know a guy who competes ( he won the welterweight class at the North Americans this year), and he eats 12 tablespoons a day. After speaking with him, he says he takes no digestive aids etc... Granted, if I were going to eat that much, I would make sure I stayed regular. Seems like it would be hard to not stay constipated on that much pb, but he claims that isn't the case. Here are some links to his pics. Not a huge guy, but built well none the less...

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/64182/

just the opposit alot of fat will give the runs, not to metion that yer poop will smell unusally foul

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I decided to make another try at natty. Took some advice and bought Skippy Natty,,,WOW this stuff is awesome. No more JIF for me
I used to just buy the cheap PB thinkin it was the same before I knew better. Switched to the "Skippy Natural" and that stuff is Flippin amazing. Now I went even a giant leap better and buy that "Naturally More" after someone reccomended it. Naturally More = AMAZING! It has more protein per serving, more healthy fats, flax mixed right in it, and even egg whites.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I used to just buy the cheap PB thinkin it was the same before I knew better. Switched to the "Skippy Natural" and that stuff is Flippin amazing. Now I went even a giant leap better and buy that "Naturally More" after someone reccomended it. Naturally More = AMAZING! It has more protein per serving, more healthy fats, flax mixed right in it, and even egg whites.
Where can I get some of that Naturally More and how much is it compared to skippy's? Only thing I see at grocery store is Jif, Skippy and Smuckers. I'm sure I can find more brands at Whole Foods, but they are expensive as hell in that store.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Where can I get some of that Naturally More and how much is it compared to skippy's? Only thing I see at grocery store is Jif, Skippy and Smuckers. I'm sure I can find more brands at Whole Foods, but they are expensive as hell in that store.
I get mine at Walmart. it's sold in 1 lb containers and is about $2.60.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and I just had a sandwich with it btw on some toasted natures own whole grain sugar free bread

Serving Size 1 Slice (25g/.9oz)
Servings Per Container 18
Amount Per Serving
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 110mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 7%
Sugars 0g
Maltitol 1g
Protein 3g

plus some no sugar added apple butter. yum!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when? before bed or throughout the day. im on a cut now, and i dont know when to take mine
whenever you are tired of eating stuff that tastes like cardboard and want a reason to live :D

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
whenever you are tired of eating stuff that tastes like cardboard and want a reason to live :D
hahahaha, im soo hungry, its weird cuz at first i was never hungry but now im hungry all day, but I love peanut butter. too bad those calories add up :(

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
i weigh out 200g everyday and stick it in a tub. after every meal i'll take a few spoonfuls :)

Extra 1150 cals a day right there :D
When I was bulking I ate about 100-125grams per day, absolutely brilliant mate, love the stuff. Whereabouts in Scotland?

KJR246

Awards
I usually do a quarter cup a day, maybe more. I like ewating it all at once too, not spread out.