PEA PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPES???

miguel1991

Awards
Hi everyone, due to my stomach I cannot take whey protein as it will make me feel very ill and a friend suggested pea protein. I ordered some and my stomach can handle this stuff :) The only problem is the taste.......Wanted to know if anyone out there uses pea protein and if they know any good recipes to mix it with???

Thanks! :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Not sure on shakes but pea protein has better texture when used in baking breads/cakes. Google is your friend

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not sure on shakes but pea protein has better texture when used in baking breads/cakes. Google is your friend
Not really
its so thick it does not rise
Ever try AI No Whey? Stuff is 5x thicker than casein.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh I'm not arguing that, whey rises much more and yes even a casein mix like Select.

Amounts of powder in those recipes aren't huge, and I'm just saying the texture will come out more like a bread.
Hemp protein as well.

I still prefer and stick to my whey powders or blends but I've experimented with others

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Check out SAN RawFusion... may be more palatable.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh I'm not arguing that, whey rises much more and yes even a casein mix like Select.

Amounts of powder in those recipes aren't huge, and I'm just saying the texture will come out more like a bread.
Hemp protein as well.

I still prefer and stick to my whey powders or blends but I've experimented with others
if i were to use PEA it would be for a cheesecake, pudding recipe, or sludge.
TOo thick for a rising agent.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sorry off topic here but I'm definitely ordering the new COR protein, red velvet cake batter, sounds promising

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards