Party foods receipes?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I am collecting all my favorite recipes together and making a little book of em... mostly because people always have me do the cooking for parties or events. What recipes do you all use for social events? Not exactly searching out healthy alternatives, just what do you all use as your goto when heading to a pot luck.. and share your recipe if so.

Here is a list of what I sometimes conjur up with success... if you all want any of these, just let me know.

Bruchetta bread
Pasta con broccoli
Shells a la caprese
Caprese salad
My world famous wings
Hand made toasted ravioli (A St. Louis Tradition)
Fresh salsa
Guacamole
Standard Buffalo Chicken dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spicy Garlic Wings
White Wine lemon butter topped chicken

Oh, and I a WOP as you can tell!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously... so EVERYONE here only eats greens and grassfed beef and chicken? No good social foods to share?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously... so EVERYONE here only eats greens and grassfed beef and chicken? No good social foods to share?
I'm sure someone has some recipes for you. I'm your typical meat head... I show up to parties with cans of tuna and brown rice cakes, lol

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure someone has some recipes for you. I'm your typical meat head... I show up to parties with cans of tuna and brown rice cakes, lol
So you just assume the host of the party has the tabasco huh? :D

Boagrius

Boagrius

Awards
I always cook up BBQ chicken, you can never go wrong!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will contribute a couple when I get home from work

BTW a couple you listed sound pretty good, any chance of you sharing any of them? :food:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will contribute a couple when I get home from work

BTW a couple you listed sound pretty good, any chance of you sharing any of them? :food:
Sure, which ones you want and I will put em up!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a good one. There are a couple different recipes but they all kinda build on each other

Magic Rolls

3⁄4 cup cold water plus 2 tablespoons (this is important)
6 tablespoons butter (3⁄4stick)
3⁄4 cup vital wheat gluten flour
1⁄3 cup unbleached, all-purpose wheat (white) flour
trace of salt (two light shakes or to taste)
3 eggs
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 425˚F. Have ready one large, nonstick, heavy-gauge metal cookie sheet.
Put the water and the butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan, preferably with a rounded bottom, over medium heat. Occasionally stir the mix-ture while you wait for the butter to melt.

Meanwhile, thoroughly combine the two flours, and a pinch of salt in a medium mixing bowl. As soon as the butter has melted and the mixture begins to simmer, add the dry mix all at once, and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon. Within just a few seconds, the dough will become smooth and leave the bottom and sides of the pan. Keep stirring until no flour shows.

Cook for about 10 seconds longer and remove from heat. Put the hot saucepan on a cold burner or other safe surface. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. At first the dough will appear lumpy. When the whole eggs have been added, the dough will be smooth. It should be creamy and hold peaks with almost no settling. Work in the egg white. Now the dough will be just right; it will still hold its shape, but in softer peaks. It should form mounds that do not spread on the cookie sheet, but sink back and broaden out slightly. Occasionally, you may need to make a judgment call. Depend- ing on the size of the eggs, the dough may be sufficiently soft even
before you add the final egg white. In that case, omit the egg white or add it by the tablespoon. The right consistency makes the best rolls. Dough that is too stiff results in smaller rolls; dough that is too soft (i.e., spreads out wide on the cookie sheet) may result in flat rolls. If you like, use your electric mixer to work in the eggs. Simply tansfer the hot dough from the saucepan to the mixer bowl and beat in he eggs, one at a time. Do not overbeat because if you do, the rolls ay develop large air pockets. Use a flat beater if you have one.

Put spoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet, choosing the size you perefer. Use large teaspoons or even soup spoons to drop the dough. Place them fairly close together.
Bake the rolls for about 25 to 28 minutes or until they are golden brown and crusty on top. Promptly freeze rolls that you do not plan to use the day they are baked. Take them out of the bag to thaw at room temperature. You can also put the frozen rolls in the oven, set at 350˚F (no need to preheat), and bake for 5 minutes. You can toast rolls (slice in half), but you need a wide-slot toaster or toaster oven. The rolls toast rapidly, so use the lowest setting.

Mini-Magic Rolls for Canapés

Follow the recipe for Magic Rolls. You get about 50 (plum-size) mini-rolls from one recipe. (If you do not need that many, bake them and freeze the surplus. They keep for months.)

When you bake the Mini-Magic Rolls, drop the dough in the size of large grapes on the cookie sheet. You need to fit about 50 on there, so it’s okay to crowd them together a bit. Bake rolls for 12 to 15 minutes in a 350˚F oven or until done. Cut the rolls in half or slice off the ends before cutting them in two (that way they will have flat bottoms).

Chive Spread

Combine 4 ounces soft cream cheese with 4 tablespoons soft butter in a blender or food
processor.
Add 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

TOTAL YIELD: 18 tablespoons.

Chive Spread with Smoked Salmon

Follow the recipe for Chive Spread (above). Cover canapés generously with the spread and with slivers of smoked salmon, lox, or nova.

Chive Spread with Prosciutto

Follow the recipe for Chive Spread (above). Cover canapés generously with the spread and slivers of prosciutto.

Chive Spread with Crabmeat

Follow the recipe for Chive Spread (above), but reduce chives to 1⁄4 cup Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, add 1 cup cooked, well-cleaned crabmeat. Mash together

Sardine Spread

Even if you are not a sardine fan, here is a way to eat this marvelous and good-for-you food that may make you wonder why you never could warm up to it. Use a 33⁄4-ounce can of boneless and very small sardines packed in olive oil Drain on paper towels and gently pat dry. Put the sardines in a small bowl and mash them with a fork. Add 1 ounce soft butter, 1 ounce soft cream cheese, 2 tablespoons lemon juice 3 drops Tabasco sauce, salt and freshly ground
pepper to taste. When you put the spread on the canapés, sprinkle them with a few snippets of parsley.

Chive Dip

Follow the recipe for Chive Spread on page 71. Mix in about 1⁄2 cup light cream (or the amount needed to make it the desired consistency).

Smoked Salmon Dip

Mix together 4 ounces smoked salmon, lox, or nova, 1⁄4 cup sour cream , 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon minced chives, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 2 drops Tabasco sauce. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve the dip at room temperature.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A couple more appetizers for ya

Crunchy Cheese Biscotti

4 ounces cream cheese, soft
4 tablespoons butter (1⁄2 stick), soft
4 egg yolks
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
1⁄4 cup unbleached, all-purpose wheat (white) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 cup vital wheat gluten flour
11⁄4 cups whole almond meal

Once prepared, the dough will need to be refrigerated, so preheat oven to 325˚F shortly before taking dough from the fridge.

Beat cream cheese, butter, and two egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer with a flat beater until thick, smooth, and creamy. Add the last two egg yolks and beat for another minute. Add all remaining ingredients, stirring in at slow speed or by hand. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes or until it can be handled without sticking.

Shape dough in four rolls about 13⁄4 inches in diameter and 10 inches long. Set the rolls on a nonstick, heavy-gauge metal cookie sheet and flatten them into bars about 2 inches wide and 3⁄4 inch high. Bake for about 19 to 22 minutes or until golden.

Set oven temperature to 225˚F. Put the cooled cheese bars on a cutting board and slice each bar in about 15 pieces (use a sharp, serrated nife). Set pieces upright on the cookie sheet. Bake the biscotti until hey have a light golden color, about 45 minutes (always check early—do not let them turn too dark). Allow the biscotti to cool, harden, and dry completely.

Cheesy Bits

6 tablespoons butter (3⁄4 stick),
5 egg yolks 1.2 11.2
1⁄3 cup unbleached all-purpose wheat (white) flour
1⁄3 cup vital wheat gluten flour
1⁄3 cup unprocessed wheat bran
5 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (11⁄4 cups)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole almond meal

Once prepared, the dough will need to be refrigerated, so preheat oven to 325˚F or 35 ˚F shortly before taking dough from the fridge.

Beat butter and two egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer with a flat beater until thick, smooth, and creamy. Add the remaining egg yolks and beat some more. Stop mixer. Stir in the next five ingredients at low speed. Mix in almond meal last. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes or until firm enough to be handled without sticking.

Form balls the size of small grapes and put them on two large, non- stick, heavy-gauge metal cookie sheets. Flatten each cracker slightly with your fingertips.

Bake the crackers one sheet at a time, for about 8 to 10 minutes or until they have a slightly golden color with a somewhat darker color around the edge. Allow crackers to cool. They keep indefinitely at room temperature but can also be frozen.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is one of my favorite dinners

Caribbean Chicken Stir Fry

4 cooked, cubed Chicken Breast (6oz each)
1 Green Onion (Scallion), minced
1 Red Pepper, cut in wedges
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp of Garlic
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
1/3 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup of Black Beans (drained)
Salt And Pepper

Cook chicken separately. Mix orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, paprika, turmeric,
cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add red pepper, garlic and scallion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken, black beans and rice and stir fry for approximately 1 minute. Add orange juice mixture to the wok and stir until thickened.