PalmFist Three Week Training Log… Cuz 'Murica

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Ok so heres todays weigh in with the pack on, pack off, and skivvies only. Came in at exactly 117 lbs. Only was out for 1 hour, so Im guessing a 5k, but a frikken hard 5k at that…

3:41.jpg

3:42.jpg

3:43.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh okay see I didn't know the Marines were that strict about that part of it. Something new every day eh...

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
So Back/Biceps/Abz with some yogging or arc trainer (should rest the shins). Might try and get some vidz/pics up when I'm done.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Well I left my phone at home when I went to the gym. Fck it, maybe next time I'll make a vid and put it on my YouTube and put up a link...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can see that about you, the OFP thing that is.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
So today was the usual:

*All rest periods are within 1 minute...
- 1.5 mile flat and incline tread warmup
- pullups: 20, 10, 10, 10
- DB row: 15@55 x (3)
- Various grip pulldowns/cable pullover/stretchers: 5 sets of 10-15 reps
- 0.5 mile flat tread
- 0.5 mile incline speed walk
- DB curls: 12-15@25 x (3)
- DB hammers: 12@25 x (2)
- Iron Cross: 10 lb db for 0:45 x (2)
- Plate loaded crunch machine: FST7, 7 sets of 10+ reps w/0:30 sec rest btwn sets

END

Breakfast for today…

3:5 bfast.jpg

And a front/back shot…

3:5 front.jpg
3:5 back.jpg

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good bro. That said, not as good as that damn breakie! lol

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Who doesn't like a little cheesecake for breakfast every now and then lol

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
F the dumb shít. I'm gonna go get a pizza. I need CARBS

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Deep dish pepperoni, thin crust original, and two boxes of eggos! $15 well spent!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deep dish pepperoni, thin crust original, and two boxes of eggos! $15 well spent!!!
Whaaaa! I thought you were cutting here? What's with this meal? This just means you'll be adding another beloved "rock" to the ruck and humping 5 more miles, right?

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Not today. Rest day. Packing and organizing and Lonesome Dove

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Whaaaa! I thought you were cutting here? What's with this meal? This just means you'll be adding another beloved "rock" to the ruck and humping 5 more miles, right?

5k is 3.2 miles, and no more extra weight. My left hip is killing me hence the day off. I'll probably start jogging with 50lbs next week instead of hiking. Maybe tomorrow if I feel up to it. Training 6 days a week is tearing me up. I'm "carb loading" today and tomorrow. Meaning lots of bad food and a metric ton of beer

O_O

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
5k is 3.2 miles, and no more extra weight. My left hip is killing me hence the day off. I'll probably start jogging with 50lbs next week instead of hiking. Maybe tomorrow if I feel up to it. Training 6 days a week is tearing me up. I'm "carb loading" today and tomorrow. Meaning lots of bad food and a metric ton of beer O_O
Metric ton of beer is what I like to hear . Salud!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Metric ton of beer is what I like to hear . Salud!

Having a going away party tonight so its bottoms up till I drop. All Marines so shíts gonna get crazy...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Having a going away party tonight so its bottoms up till I drop. All Marines so shíts gonna get crazy...
I miss the parties and ridiculousness that ensued in the military parties. I remember waking up with 9 chicks and 4 other dudes in my bedroom after one night. No fuggin clue what happened but the chicks were naked. We used to have some fun. Civilians don't understand how to party.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I miss the parties and ridiculousness that ensued in the military parties. I remember waking up with 9 chicks and 4 other dudes in my bedroom after one night. No fuggin clue what happened but the chicks were naked. We used to have some fun. Civilians don't understand how to party.

We definitely have a corner on the market

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wondered why my Navy son reenlisted! Oh to be 25 again. SMHS

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good man and I think I will be refeeding this weekend after being so sick the last few and not getting anywhere near target calories.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Looking good man and I think I will be refeeding this weekend after being so sick the last few and not getting anywhere near target calories.

Saw your refeed on FB man. Things sound good

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Juicing starts again tomorrow. My 4 day weekend took a toll. Back up to 195. I'm pretty sure I can cut to 181 by next Tuesday

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
190.6 today

Good start toward 181. Lol I'm boned if I don't make weight... One solid meal a day followed by two juiced meals and tuna or chicken at nite... I can do this !

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I wish I could eat tuna. Would make my life much easier ha

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
The kind that fuking hates tuna lol. Bluegill walleye crappie and perch I'm more than obliged to eat lol
Lol I don't get it man. I love me some eyes and perch and salmon but some (not canned) tuna is my favorite.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
189.8 this morning. I'm motivated to make 181 dammit

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
That will be happening come sunday-Monday

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Update:

I'm sore and tired...

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Settling in to my new unit. Came in at 193 but taped out at 14% bf. 12 more weeks of training then I move the wife out here. I get 30 days leave after graduation plus PTAD. All these bootäss privates are hilariously undereducated...

Been rucking and running. Did an 11:30 1.5 mile run on Friday. Good stuff. Still lifting twice a week. Killer tempo, high reps, short rest. I'll be starting my new log later

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you are settling in! Sounds like a nice run time too!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Good to hear you are settling in! Sounds like a nice run time too!

Trying to get used to these twelve hour days again. Reeducating myself on grunt knowledge, weapons, SOPs on Instructor conduct, drill and Corps Values. Busy as fwark...

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Did a run/swim/run this morning. Actually was a stretcher carry 3 miles out in boots and utes/500 meter swim at the pool/then 3 mile carry back to starting point. Shít was painful. It crushed my motivation for the day and the only cure for that disease is copious amounts of coffee. So much to learn, so many literal hills to climb. Stay thirsty my friends!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did a run/swim/run this morning. Actually was a stretcher carry 3 miles out in boots and utes/500 meter swim at the pool/then 3 mile carry back to starting point. Shít was painful. It crushed my motivation for the day and the only cure for that disease is copious amounts of coffee. So much to learn, so many literal hills to climb. Stay thirsty my friends!
Eh...sounds horrible

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds brutal, but this is why you guys hands down have the best military!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Damn right I mean it. Heck, if we get invaded - guess who would save us! lol
Save or take over? It's really a fine line... I mean we "save" tons of countries..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but if I know you, you will really enjoy the assignment once comfortably in the role!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I think I decide the next log you need to do. How about one called Stories from a DI. You can tell us stupid and silly stories from the youngsters you are schooling. You can use Alias's like Private Dumb Fuk, and Sir Soup Sandwich and of course the old standby of Maggot! I remember boot and man some of the guys did some really stupid sh!t!