Palin Quits as Alaska Governor

keeper

Anyway, Palin got me more into this and I'm seriously curious how the pool of supposedly elligible candidates gets selected and put before the electorate. What's more, how does one come out on top? Because it doesn't seem to be linked to anything resembling competence or qualification.
Okay first, it starts with the states' primary elections. Upon filing, interested parties must 1)present signed support petitions, 2) must prove that they have staff in place to run a viable campaign, and 3) pay their state's filing fee to get their name on the primary ballot.

The state-by-state primary elections or caucuses are then held. The results are made public. Next, the one candidate from each party receiving the most votes in all the cumulative state primaries is presented at each of the parties' national conventions. The party representatives at these conventions then vote to accept or deny the presented nominee for national candidacy. Once approved by the convention's vote, the nominee is then the party's official national candidate. That's when the party's financial support is brought into play, along with big-wig endorsements.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
US Politics 101. Yeah, in a nutshell that's how the US electoral system works.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
US Politics 101. Yeah, in a nutshell that's how the US electoral system works.
Yeah. And if you believe that system actually works that way and there's no slime lined pocket back room deals going on, you've got your head firmly rammed up your rear. Civics 101 tells you how laws get drafted and passed, it conveniently leaves out the special interest lobbying, invites by senators to let special interests write portions of the legislation, deferring regs to appointed agencies and their authority, campaign 'contributions' in the form of hookers and other special favors like employing ne'er do well brother in laws, etc.

We're trying to go beyond the high school version of things here, folks. How the system works on the surface is one thing, how it works beneath the surface and behind closed doors in such a way that keeps a relatively stable ruling elite at the top is another thing entirely. If George W. Bush won two elections based on the above system as described by keeper, and did so honestly and with no back room deals or 'help' and other influence brought to bear from interested parties that skewed the results in his favor, then that system should be taken out into a field, tied to a post, and hit repeatedly in the head with shovel until it stops moving.

keeper

Well, now you've taken the discussion WAY over my blonde head. I don't presume to know all the back-room ins and outs of our broken political process. I did not realize you were asking the question in such a cathartic manner. Excuse me. I'll talk less and listen more.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You know you'd still hit it!
You know, I'm not so sure about her anymore. Saw some footage of her the other day and she's a little shapeless. Less T&A than I had originally thought.

I just like her because she pisses off lefties feminazis. A happy, sexy looking conservative woman who likes to hunt and is anti abortion?

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
She could have my abortion anytime.
Yur yucky JW!!!

What keeper described is the way the electoral process is supposed to work fundamentally. Of course, special interest groups do get involved along the way and make it far less democratic than it was originally intended to be. But, she still deserves some credit for inserting big words like "cathartic". :joke:

There were a lot of special interest groups funding Barry's campaign. Yet, if they didn't think he had a good chance, they would have probably spent their $ on Hillary instead. They're not going to wage bets on a candidate that they don't think has a good chance of winning. He couldn't have done it on that alone.

You know, I'm not so sure about her anymore. Saw some footage of her the other day and she's a little shapeless. Less T&A than I had originally thought.
Come on! She's 44, not 24. She's hot compared to other women in her age group and frankly hotter than most who are 10 years younger. You have to consider the MILF factor.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're hitting GILF's then you may want to reconsider your drinking tolerance and possible drug addiction :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just saying she is an attractive grandmother and looks good considering. However, grandmothers wouldn't be my first choice. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man between her and arnold, its a crap shoot

j/k :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The accent kills it for me... I don't think I could have sex with any woman that sounds like the secretary on Ferris Bueller's Day Off :p

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The accent kills it for me... I don't think I could have sex with any woman that sounds like the secretary on Ferris Bueller's Day Off :p
"Well, with your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody." :lol:

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Yea, that lady's voice is annoying. That's what earplugs are for though.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think her accent is kinda hot actually. Maybe it's just her making it seem that way.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
It is the Yankee equivalent of your Alabama southern drawl no doubt. So no big surprise that you think it is hot. :laugh:

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You prolly have the same drawl being a Texan. Not much difference. I think she just makes it hot. IDK, just something about the innocent school girl demeanor and the slutty flight attendent look combined. :love: