Oranges and Bananas

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
So, I have a pretty basic question about oranges and bananas in my diet.

I am on a cut using havoc. I am trying to eat only good carbs throughout the day...which so far consist of brown rice, oatmeal, and whole wheat pasta. That is it. So I have been supplementing with one to two bananas a day (also for back pumps) and I like to eat oranges...so about two a day.

Regarding both of these......are they bad for a diet considering the simple sugars? I mean will that be that much of an impact. Veggies I eat are green only.

Thanks

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
ideally you don't want to have fructose during a cut. fruits are majority fructose

fructose won't help replenish muscle glycogen. instead it will replenish liver glycogen.

even on a cut i like to do 1/2 -> 1 banana day, only in the morning. there's more of a chance the liver glycogen is not full in the morning, so eating the banana can go towards replenishing that and give you potassium. otherwise I'd just get rid of all fruits until you go back to bulk or maintenance. cutting is a temporary phase anyway.

nevertheless, I do a lot of red and yellow bellpeppers and leafy greans with some cruciferous greens like broccoli. with that, you'll have your antioxidant base covered and will not need fruit during the cut.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
maurice what county of nj are u in.. im from morris county area

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
maurice what county of nj are u in.. im from morris county area
hey what is up. Born and raised in ocean county....practically grew up at the shore.
Now living in middlesex county.

lector606

lector606

Awards
Although they do contain some sugars I highly doubt that if they are the "worst" thing in your diet you need to eliminate them. I eat both on a daily basis and it doesn't seem to have hurt me in any way.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Although they do contain some sugars I highly doubt that if they are the "worst" thing in your diet you need to eliminate them. I eat both on a daily basis and it doesn't seem to have hurt me in any way.
Doesn't necessarily need to eliminate them. It is just recommended to eat them at different times, or cut them out due to sugar content.