(O.T.) Explaining supp spending to wife

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Thats classic!

We really don't fight about it. The comments are just a little annoying. I knew that this had to be something that everyone dealt with and I just wanted to hear everybody else's situation. It turned out to be more entertaining than I thought. It seems like 95% of the people here have dealt with this to some degree.

Besides after a 9 year relationship we know by now that arguing isn't going to help anything.

Thats funny about the steroids comment. I was at work one day and a bottle of Creatine EE ,of all things, fell out of my bag and one of the dudes at work wanted to know why I was juicing. :toofunny:
Yeah I'm not married, but I've had a few GF's that used to get on my nerves about it so your not alone man...women just don't get it unless they are training as well.

Now beyond that...the creatine incident...thats F'ing hilarious. I hear the confusing creatine with steroids comments all the time..."dude creatine shrinks your balls" and "it can kill your liver" and all that junk...I'd just laugh it off and ask if they really wanted to know the truth, or if they wanted to keep on living in their abominable ignorance. Here's the kicker though...if you really want to make those people feel like complete idiots and make them feel like an ass for trying to antagonize you just ask them if they eat meat, fish, etc...then tell them they use creatine too...the look on their faces is priceless! :D

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
but luckily for me with the awesome position i have with applied I havent really had to buy anything in about a yr.

I only take app nut stuff since they pretty much cover all my needs now if we made a protein **** id be happy as hell

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I'll take the other side for a minute! lol

Take a look at all the supps you are buying and make sure none of them are the latest greatest, newest, best ever...blah blah...

Unfortunately a large percentage...and I do mean LARGE percentage of supplements are garbage and are a total waste of money. They kind of suck people in and you can find yourself buying this and that and this and that all based on what the claims are and to keep up with the industry (been there!! :) )

Take a step back and make sure she isn't right! Cuz most supplements are a waste of money... (excluding vitamins, health protectants and of course gear! :D )

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
but luckily for me with the awesome position i have with applied I havent really had to buy anything in about a yr.

I only take app nut stuff since they pretty much cover all my needs now if we made a protein **** id be happy as hell
Thats golden bro. You're a made man.

My wife is in pretty good shape and doesn't take crap from anyone, I would be tooo scared to tell her to STFU. Here is about how it would play out. :nutkick: Take a wild guess which one is me!!!!!!!!

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I'll take the other side for a minute! lol

Take a look at all the supps you are buying and make sure none of them are the latest greatest, newest, best ever...blah blah...

Unfortunately a large percentage...and I do mean LARGE percentage of supplements are garbage and are a total waste of money. They kind of suck people in and you can find yourself buying this and that and this and that all based on what the claims are and to keep up with the industry (been there!! :) )

Take a step back and make sure she isn't right! Cuz most supplements are a waste of money... (excluding vitamins, health protectants and of course gear! :D )
Believe me, when I say I know this. When I was a newb to supps,I was sucked into the hype of new products and deceiving write-ups. I now let others test it out for a bit to see what the real deal is. Thanks AM

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm not married, but I've had a few GF's that used to get on my nerves about it so your not alone man...women just don't get it unless they are training as well.

Now beyond that...the creatine incident...thats F'ing hilarious. I hear the confusing creatine with steroids comments all the time..."dude creatine shrinks your balls" and "it can kill your liver" and all that junk...I'd just laugh it off and ask if they really wanted to know the truth, or if they wanted to keep on living in their abominable ignorance. Here's the kicker though...if you really want to make those people feel like complete idiots and make them feel like an ass for trying to antagonize you just ask them if they eat meat, fish, etc...then tell them they use creatine too...the look on their faces is priceless! :D
Just a couple of months ago almost the exact same thing happened but the other way around. I had a bottle of Hdrol in my gym bag and I was taking my second dose in the evening before heading to gym. I left it out while I was getting some stuff done before leaving and he asked me about it and I told him Hdrol was a brand of Creatine. :D He didn't know any better. Thank god for ignorant people. This is a guy who told me he was going to buy akkavar (or something like that) from walmart because he read that when you take it you don't have to workout or watch what you eat and you will lose weight. I had to school him. He decided to buy Cardinals opening day tickets instead (a way better choice)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
You lucky Bastard!

Yeah you are one lucky SOB...:D. AN is my personal choice for supps as well, but I on other hand have to spend for it...so yeah could say I'm bit jealous...:D. Your a great rep though bud. You are right...if AN created a protein that would be awesome, I'd be happy as well...then my supplement stash would be completely dominated by AN products...lol. I think with the inclusion of a protein that would lead to AN leaving a real big mark in the supplement industry.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Lmao!!!!

Just a couple of months ago almost the exact same thing happened but the other way around. I had a bottle of Hdrol in my gym bag and I was taking my second dose in the evening before heading to gym. I left it out while I was getting some stuff done before leaving and he asked me about it and I told him Hdrol was a brand of Creatine. :D He didn't know any better. Thank god for ignorant people. This is a guy who told me he was going to buy akkavar (or something like that) from walmart because he read that when you take it you don't have to workout or watch what you eat and you will lose weight. I had to school him. He decided to buy Cardinals opening day tickets instead (a way better choice)
That is beyond funny...wow some people really are just ignorant. The fact he thought it was creatine was funny enough, but you really got me going when you mentioned he was going to take that new fat burner from Wal-Mart and he wouldn't have to workout or anything...can people really be that ignorant. Damn, I guess some people really do believe everything they read.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you are one lucky SOB...:D. AN is my personal choice for supps as well, but I on other hand have to spend for it...so yeah could say I'm bit jealous...:D. Your a great rep though bud. You are right...if AN created a protein that would be awesome, I'd be happy as well...then my supplement stash would be completely dominated by AN products...lol. I think with the inclusion of a protein that would lead to AN leaving a real big mark in the supplement industry.
I would go for that. You guys should get started on that Monday. I would love an off flavor of protein like strawberry/kiwi or something along those lines.

I am ashamed to say the only AN product I have tried is RPM. I was actually shopping around today to see if I could by bulk ingredients to make my own DRIVE, but you can quess how that went.:sad:

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
That is beyond funny...wow some people really are just ignorant. The fact he thought it was creatine was funny enough, but you really got me going when you mentioned he was going to take that new fat burner from Wal-Mart and he wouldn't have to workout or anything...can people really be that ignorant. Damn, I guess some people really do believe everything they read.
Yes he was dead serious. His argument was that it had to be true because if it wasn't, that was false advertising and a lawsuit. He ultimately didn't want to waste $20 or $30 on something that "might" not work. I really had to laugh at that, because I (like many of you all) have spent a hell of a lot more on supps that didn't do what they claimed. Live and learn.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Crazy I tell ya!

Yes he was dead serious. His argument was that it had to be true because if it wasn't, that was false advertising and a lawsuit. He ultimately didn't want to waste $20 or $30 on something that "might" not work. I really had to laugh at that, because I (like many of you all) have spent a hell of a lot more on supps that didn't do what they claimed. Live and learn.
That is normally the case with most people who don't know their elbow from their ass when it comes to supps and the bodybuilding world. The ignorant outsider people are so passionate about their ignorance it just makes you well up with tons of laughter. Hey at least you set him straight though and he chose a better course of action.

The unfortunate thing about the supplement world is that yes they are many crap supps out there and you have to go through your own trials and tribulations to find out what works and what doesn't. When I was younger, I made my fair share of poor investments and mistakes, but that is how I learned ya know. Now I am proud to say my money is well spent...I stick with what works and for the most part that entails AN products...I've tried the entire line...some products have worked better than other yes, but none of the products have disappointed me. On top of that, I can't even pick what would be my favorite product from them...too hard to choose between DRIVE, IGF-2, and RPM. However, overall if I were held at gunpoint and forced to choose it would probably be IGF-2.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I think it is most likely something that everyone goes through if they stick with bodybuilding long enough to actually get somewhere. Its easy to get wrapped up in the racket of the supplement world...not so easy on the pocket book though! :D

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I think it is most likely something that everyone goes through if they stick with bodybuilding long enough to actually get somewhere. Its easy to get wrapped up in the racket of the supplement world...not so easy on the pocket book though! :D

You know thats the truth.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
The unfortunate thing about the supplement world is that yes they are many crap supps out there and you have to go through your own trials and tribulations to find out what works and what doesn't. When I was younger, I made my fair share of poor investments and mistakes, but that is how I learned ya know. Now I am proud to say my money is well spent...I stick with what works and for the most part that entails AN products...I've tried the entire line...some products have worked better than other yes, but none of the products have disappointed me. On top of that, I can't even pick what would be my favorite product from them...too hard to choose between DRIVE, IGF-2, and RPM. However, overall if I were held at gunpoint and forced to choose it would probably be IGF-2.
I hear a lot of good things about IGF-2. I am going to have to give it a shot. I'll just send you a bill if it doesn't work for me. :rofl: