Nutrient partitioners a good investment or waste of money?

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
I see its becoming quite popular for many to invest in a nutrient partitioner or companies releasing their own line of them.

They claim to help with breaking down carbs better and muscle glycogen. Making claims such as "Take a serving before a big carb meal so these carbs are put to good use and do not turn to fat!"

What are your thoughts on these? Good investment or waste of money?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally I love them !!!! I use predator twice a day with my carb meals and don’t feel bloated at all and my muscles feel fuller throughout the day.

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Personally I love them !!!! I use predator twice a day with my carb meals and don’t feel bloated at all and my muscles feel fuller throughout the day.
Who makes predator? Let me know Blood!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I don’t eat a lot of carbs daily. So on days when I do it helps. Definitely worth the $$$ in that respect.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Worth it .. esp with heavy meals

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I used

Gymnena Sylvestre
Banaba Leaf
Cinnamon bark extract

worked really good for me,

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love SlinMax with high carb meals. I do not feel bloated and feel like I can eat even more. Also, with higher carb meals, I noticed a food pump. I get a pump, similar to lifting, but not as pronounced, after eating carbs with SlinMax.

I like GDAs for higher carb meals or even if one is adding carbs into their diet after a lower carb diet.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using berberine for several months at 500mgs a cap and added in Gymnema at 550mgs with 75% gymnemic acids about 3 weeks ago.

My fasted blood sugar was higher than I wanted it to be due to a bad diet, lack of gym and cardio for quite a while.

After adding these in my blood sugar has gone down a good amount, not only fasted but post meal as well. Ive kept a log over several weeks once I picked up a glucose monitor and I am happy with the results. I typically take a berberine in the morning before my first meal of 30-35gms carbs and then another berberine and gymnema prior to my preworkout meal which consists of 50-60gms carbs with another 20 intraworkout.

All of the GDAs mentioned I have used and enjoy as well. Predator, SlinMax and the new Glycophase from SNS looks great too.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i see no need - definitely at deficit or even maint - how does one gain fat without excess calories? maybe for bulk, the sloppier the more maybe work. i mean, we know the stuff does decrease post prandial glucose (or just slows release from the stomach. like cinnamon), but if you actually read *all* the literature - some are not muscle specific (ala), they deposit in fat tissue too (and if not insulin resistant, actually impair glycogen replenishment).

you are weight lifting athlete = insulin *sensitive* - spike that bad boy and let it jam nutrients into tissue (which is why bb'ers inject exogenous insulin, lol). can't get fat in cut, cant get fat at maint/recomp, always get fat in bulk, no matter what (we then cut), so not buying gda for athletes, only fat pre/type2.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been taking Performax SlinMax for the last 2 weeks. This is my first time using a GDA on a consistent basis.
I have not noticed the increased pump effect people speak of, but I don’t really care about that. I am just taking it for the metabolic health benefits and hope to see some weight loss in the gut/abs area over the next few months. Especially when I get on the cardio wagon!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They can be a great addition if your diet can help you utilize them. Most people are too unpredictable when they eat and the caloric density is very inconsistent. Everyone’s different there. I personally swear by them but for me it’s a seasonal addition.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Love GDAs...and have always used them 5-6 times a week.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
SNS Glycophase just came out. Its cheap and effective comparably.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like them but i also feel like their effect can be hit and miss. That food pump feeling that indicates its working doesnt always hit the same, so its hard to tell sometimes.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think they are great when used correctly. Many uneducated people use GDA's for things like Pizza, French fries etc and think oh, my GDA will wipe crbs, fats everything away but not the case.