Nursing a injured shoulder

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I strained a muscle or tendon right above the rotator cuff or on the rotator cuff. Doesnt hurt at all whilst doing any movements, but placing pressure I can definitely pinpoint an area of pain.

Should I completely lay off it, or try to use it lightly? I did some lifting and couldnt pinpoint one movement that would cause pain but after doing some sets of light cleans and rack pull it just slowly got more and more aggravated.

tips?

This might be a dumb question, but does bench use the shoulder? I know theres some movement there tho but like to what extent?

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
You are most likely not injured. You most likely have a strain. If it continues to hurt go see a doc. The shoulders are pretty fragile imo, try and make sure you get rear delt work in every week, rotator work, and i think standing shoulder presses done strict keep the shoulder stable. Also one thing i truly beleive is don't do any forced reps on the bench press.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are most likely not injured. You most likely have a strain. If it continues to hurt go see a doc. The shoulders are pretty fragile imo, try and make sure you get rear delt work in every week, rotator work, and i think standing shoulder presses done strict keep the shoulder stable. Also one thing i truly beleive is don't do any forced reps on the bench press.
wut exercise does rear delt work?