November Men’s Physique Preparation progress

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey fellas, here’s just a few shots of my current progress leading up to November . I’ll be doing Men’s Physique again and I’ve added a lot more fullness since the last show. Tell me what you think and any criticisms. Currently doing keto , hard training(Switched it up to superset style recently) and a lot of cardio 😭

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you have a great physique and nice foundations... I’ve been wanting to tell you that for a while bro... you need to hit a off season. After your show you should take a whole year off and gain weight! I know you’re used to be shredded to the bones and it’ll be mentally hard but you need to get some good size even if it means getting to 10-11-12% BF! Everything is there ! If you added 20 lbs of lean tissue on that frame it would be pretty damn sick. Good work it’s impressive stuff.. don’t take it negative I’m just tying to help :)

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you have a great physique and nice foundations... I’ve been wanting to tell you that for a while bro... you need to hit a off season. After your show you should take a whole year off and gain weight! I know you’re used to be shredded to the bones and it’ll be mentally hard but you need to get some good size even if it means getting to 10-11-12% BF! Everything is there ! If you added 20 lbs of lean tissue on that frame it would be pretty damn sick. Good work it’s impressive stuff.. don’t take it negative I’m just tying to help :)
Bro, thank you! AND I totally agree 100%. After this show I need to put on more dense mass and plan to. If I plan to take this further it will only benefit me. 20 pounds would be insane.

Thanks again and I appreciate your knowledge/advice

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shreddy! I gotta agree with math, an off-season bulk would go very far with you. A few more solid and lean pounds on the frame would be killer, and you already know you can properly strip away the fluff rapidly when needed. Regardless, lookin good man.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey fellas, here’s just a few shots of my current progress leading up to November . I’ll be doing Men’s Physique again and I’ve added a lot more fullness since the last show. Tell me what you think and any criticisms. Currently doing keto , hard training(Switched it up to superset style recently) and a lot of cardio 😭
upper chest needs some size. i super admire your bout 7% bodyfat tho omg!!!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Shreddy! I gotta agree with math, an off-season bulk would go very far with you. A few more solid and lean pounds on the frame would be killer, and you already know you can properly strip away the fluff rapidly when needed. Regardless, lookin good man.
definitely and thank you!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
okay, that’s been established. Any critiques on the current show or physique lol which is my focus at this time 🙄
Honestly man, this is the critique you're getting, because that's your weak point.
So I have to say + and - ....
- ... Need more mass.
+ .... Nice abs, brother.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
okay, that’s been established. Any critiques on the current show or physique lol which is my focus at this time 🙄
U are lean. Not much u can do for current show other than dial it in by “conditioning”.

plan on ur offseason. What cycles? Sleep, diet, etc

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From what I see, maybe boost forearms a tad. Not sure what all exactly they look for in men’s physique maybe it is irrelevant. But from my non-objective stance:
Possibly throw in some extra forearm/grip exercises. Fat gripz on curls, plate pinches, wrist curls, rope/plate, et al. I think that would help match up that area to the rest of your current physique. Just my $.01.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The harsh reality is youre not ready for a show. I think you do have very good muscle insertion and overall shape and thus a decent shot at doing good on men’s physique but you need more muscle. Not much is said here about your current show because there’s not much to say.. you’re almost ready you’re about 6 weeks out to be ready for an actual show and your show is in November so in reality you’re Almost too lean too soon for the show. When I started bodybuilding in January 2019... I was 12% 175 lbs at 5 foot 10.. and as much as I wanted to do shows.. I knew every months I took dieting and being shredded were months lost on gaining size. As of today 2 and a half years later I’m actually 221 lbs at 13.7% BF. Took 2 years off to just pack on size and do mini cuts for 8-10 weeks when I needed to drop back to 9-10%. Now I can say at my size I can be a compétitive Classic compétitive at a regional level and might even have an invite for a national next year in the summer. Everyone needs to do this and sometimes for 5+ years especially if you’re natty. I just think you should do this show because anyways you’re there now... but then you should take 2-3 years of off season. Sorry this thread probably annoys you but everyone is saying it from the bottom of their heart ❤

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
U are lean. Not much u can do for current show other than dial it in by “conditioning”.

plan on ur offseason. What cycles? Sleep, diet, etc
thanks bro. I’ll come in looking sick.

Probably just a bit of eq, a little test diet= More red meat spaced evenly throughout the day. Carbs a lot of yams and cream of rice placed around workout. For fats , meat and whole eggs and a heavy surplus. Need to focus more on my sleep hygiene . I have some sleep apnea issues due to my chronic sinus problems, so I’d like to get that situated

diet will also include some healthy fats such as almonds , avocado. Lean protein such as fish, chicken breast, etc and veggies of course

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The harsh reality is youre not ready for a show. I think you do have very good muscle insertion and overall shape and thus a decent shot at doing good on men’s physique but you need more muscle. Not much is said here about your current show because there’s not much to say.. you’re almost ready you’re about 6 weeks out to be ready for an actual show and your show is in November so in reality you’re Almost too lean too soon for the show. When I started bodybuilding in January 2019... I was 12% 175 lbs at 5 foot 10.. and as much as I wanted to do shows.. I knew every months I took dieting and being shredded were months lost on gaining size. As of today 2 and a half years later I’m actually 221 lbs at 13.7% BF. Took 2 years off to just pack on size and do mini cuts for 8-10 weeks when I needed to drop back to 9-10%. Now I can say at my size I can be a compétitive Classic compétitive at a regional level and might even have an invite for a national next year in the summer. Everyone needs to do this and sometimes for 5+ years especially if you’re natty. I just think you should do this show because anyways you’re there now... but then you should take 2-3 years of off season. Sorry this thread probably annoys you but everyone is saying it from the bottom of their heart ❤
I agree man, hence why I’m doing men’s physique once more and plan to do well this time. I’m going on a mass phase after to move up to classic physique so I plan on all of this. I’ve talked to bodybuilders in my gym who compete and they say I’m ready to go for this show, at least the novice category.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From what I see, maybe boost forearms a tad. Not sure what all exactly they look for in men’s physique maybe it is irrelevant. But from my non-objective stance:
Possibly throw in some extra forearm/grip exercises. Fat gripz on curls, plate pinches, wrist curls, rope/plate, et al. I think that would help match up that area to the rest of your current physique. Just my $.01.
forearms 100% lmao. I definitely put them on the back burner too long

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
when do you plan on competing?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another thing I’d like to focus on this off-season is improving some lifts. Main focuses are incline bb bench, bb rows and leg press

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thanks bro. I’ll come in looking sick.

Probably just a bit of eq, a little test diet= More red meat spaced evenly throughout the day. Carbs a lot of yams and cream of rice placed around workout. For fats , meat and whole eggs and a heavy surplus. Need to focus more on my sleep hygiene . I have some sleep apnea issues due to my chronic sinus problems, so I’d like to get that situated

diet will also include some healthy fats such as almonds , avocado. Lean protein such as fish, chicken breast, etc and veggies of course
Neti pot?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’ve received some legendary advice, this is truly a great forum!

So off-topic, I got a pretty rad Halloween costume idea for you…Enter some contests and win some supplement money, my dude

IMG_4654.JPG

(Wear some sandals or something, don’t go out barefoot)

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’ve received some legendary advice, this is truly a great forum!

So off-topic, I got a pretty rad Halloween costume idea for you…Enter some contests and win some supplement money, my dude

View attachment 207667

(Wear some sandals or something, don’t go out barefoot)
BRO , I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING... That's my favorite Street Fighter character! haha , thanks Rad

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No prob, I still play that game once in a while, I bought the super nes classic a few
years back…Always work the hair into the costume…I’ve gone as Axl Rose a few times in the past, always got a killer reaction, and had a good time…

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No prob, I still play that game once in a while, I bought the super nes classic a few
years back…Always work the hair into the costume…I’ve gone as Axl Rose a few times in the past, always got a killer reaction, and had a good time…
I love Street Fighter. Remember Garuda? He was bad a$$ . Wish they brought him back

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You have made good progress since when you first started on Anabolic Minds! Good luck in the show!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You have made good progress since when you first started on Anabolic Minds! Good luck in the show!
Thanks El, appreciate it and glad you have noticed changes since I have joined .

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like the photos disappeared, but regardless, good luck with the show!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seeing some improvements from previous photos I've seen from you. I think you'd benefit from additional tricep development for men's physique, and maybe some upper chest work. But as others said you're probably already shredded enough for the show.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seeing some improvements from previous photos I've seen from you. I think you'd benefit from additional tricep development for men's physique, and maybe some upper chest work. But as others said you're probably already shredded enough for the show.
100% agree . For the past few weeks I’ve been doing heavy incline bb press and heavy dB/ ez bar/ smith skull crushers. God bless bro

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Shredded as always. I agree with the long off season comments.
For constrictive criticism I think mainly your arms need to be a little bigger, in your back double pic your back looks really wide on your frame and I think it makes the arms look small in comparison. That's pretty much it, maybe upper chest but I think in general you look great

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Shredded as always. I agree with the long off season comments.
For constrictive criticism I think mainly your arms need to be a little bigger, in your back double pic your back looks really wide on your frame and I think it makes the arms look small in comparison. That's pretty much it, maybe upper chest but I think in general you look great
thanks brother! Arms definitely need work along with upper shelf. I’m already preparing/planning this offseason . Will be epic

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My lats tend to overpower everything else as they’re my strongest muscle group

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya man, even if it's only randomly every other week or something. Just interested to see the prep process and the final work. Good luck
alright , I’ll keep the updates coming man. Thanks for the support and God bless

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ya they really need to make weight limits and more distinct standards for that class. A low level local show in most places the guys don't even look as big as the first photo, but the pro physique has morphed into a classic physique pro with board shorts on

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya they really need to make weight limits and more distinct standards for that class. A low level local show in most places the guys don't even look as big as the first photo, but the pro physique has morphed into a classic physique pro with board shorts on
Yup, completely agree. This is why I'm going to have to have a long off season and definitely use some "enhanced" supps if I want to get far in this. I just don't know because other than my back, I consider myself to have bad genetics. I've just worked very hard and pushed myself to get this far. It's becoming another size division lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yup, completely agree. This is why I'm going to have to have a long off season and definitely use some "enhanced" supps if I want to get far in this. I just don't know because other than my back, I consider myself to have bad genetics. I've just worked very hard and pushed myself to get this far. It's becoming another size division lol
Don't write yourself off so quick. I think a little more size and balancing things out will make a big difference. Plus I have a feeling your doing this because you genuinely like it, I mean no1 stays as lean as you do on accident and I wouldn't think you would put so much work into something you don't like doing. Keep working on it. We're never satisfied with how we look so you mine as well enjoy the neverending process