novedex xt study

CoachT

Awards
novedex xt study

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been doing a lot of research on OTC post cycle therapy. I found some studies on Novedex xt showing that it increased t levels significantly. It seems that most people are of the belief that if someone did a three week twenty mg regimen of m-drol Novedex xt would not be sufficient for estrogen control and test boosting abilites. Why is this so if the studies show such a dramatic increase in t levels? In addition I was wondering if Dermacrine Sustain would be a better OTC post cycle therapy alternative? This is my first post by the way so if I didn't post correctly I apologize in advance.

Novedex XT Clinical Trial
OHIO RESEARCH GROUP
Ziegenfuss T.N., Mendel R.W., and Hofheins J.E. Safety and Efficacy of a Naturally-Occurring, Orally Administered, Aromatase Inhibitor in Healthy Men. Ohio Research Group of Exercise Science and Sports Nutrition. Wadsworth, Ohio 44281, USA. [email protected]his email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it

Rationale: In healthy men, it is known that blocking estrogen formation stimulates the HPT axis to increase in vivo testosterone production. Recently, a new class of dietary supplements has appeared that claim to inhibit the aromatase enzyme (i.e., decrease the transformation of aromatizable androgens [androstenedione, DHEA, testosterone] into estrogens [estriol, estrone, estradiol]), thus stimulating an increase in testosterone formation.

Purpose: The purpose of this pilot study was to examine the effects of a popular aromatase inhibitor, Novedex XTÔ (NOV-XT), on selected hormonal responses (total testosterone [TT], bioavailable testosterone [BT] and estradiol [E2]), as well as serum and plasma markers of renal, hepatic, and hematological function.

Methods: Using an open-label, proof-of-concept design, five eugonadal men (mean ± superdrol age, height, weight, body fat: 31.6 ± 2.8 yr, 174.3 ± 1.8 cm, 84.3 ± 3.8 kg, 11.2 ± 3.3 %) ingested 4 capsules of NOV-XT prior to bed for 28 consecutive days. According to the manufacturer, each capsule of NOV-XT contains 60 mg of a proprietary blend of three naturally-occurring aromatase inhibitors: 6, 17-keto-etiocholeve-3-ol tetrahydropyranol, 3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene, and 3’,5,7-trihydroxy-4’-methoxyflavone (supplements were provided by an FDA-registered, pharmaceutically licensed manufacturer; confirmation by an external laboratory is pending). Blood samples obtained at baseline (prior to supplementation), and at weekly intervals thereafter for 28 days, were analyzed for TT, BT, and E2 by radioimmunometric and chemilluminetric assays. Subjects were required to maintain their normal dietary and training patterns during the study. All blood samples were obtained at the same time of day (0700-0900) to minimize diurnal variation. Hormone concentrations were statistically analyzed by ANOVA and Tukey’s HSD post-hoc test. Dependent t-tests were used to compare changes in blood chemistries. Statistical significance was accepted at p<0.05.

Results: Compared to baseline, NOV-XT administration rapidly and significantly increased TT and BT. Mean changes from baseline for TT after one, two, three, and four weeks of NOV-XT administration were: +145% (p<0.006), +183% (p<0.0005), +232% (p<0.0002), and +240% (p<0.0002), respectively. Mean changes from baseline for BT after one, two, three, and four weeks of NOV-XT administration were: +300% (p<0.01), +402% (p<0.0009), +511% (p<0.0002), and +528% (p<0.0002), respectively. Despite these large increases in TT and BT, no significant aromatization to estradiol occurred (i.e., E2 concentrations remained unchanged). No significant changes in clinical blood chemistries (fasting glucose, BUN, creatinine, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, albumin, globulin, CO2, total protein, total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, VLDL-cholesterol) or systemic hemodynamics (heart rate, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure) were observed, nor were any adverse events noted during the study.

Variable Baseline Day 7 Day 14 Day 21 Day 28
Testosterone (ng/dL) 517 (162) 1265 (252) * 1515 (212) * 1714 (322) * 1758 (435) *
Bio T (ng/dL) 159 (57) 636 (265) * 798 (94) * 971 (226) * 998 (210) *
Estradiol (pg/mL) 22 (3) 19 (9) 16 (9) 19 (11) 19 (9)
Glucose (mg/dL) 90 (4) 87 (10)
BUN:Cr 17 (5) 17 (4)
Bilirubin (mg/dL) 0.8 (0.5) 0.9 (0.5)
ALP (IU/L) 84 (32) 67 (43)
AST (IU/L) 27 (7) 27 (8)
ALT (IU/L) 29 (11) 31 (15)
Chol (mg/dL) 156 (19) 163 (27)
TAG (mg/dL) 74 (22) 72 (19)
HDL (mg/dL) 54 (3) 51 (9)
LDL (mg/dL) 87 (18) 97 (20)
SBP (mm Hg) 124 (5) 124 (11)
DBP (mm Hg) 75 (6) 74 (14)

Data are reported as mean (± superdrol). * indicates significantly different from corresponding baseline value. Bio T = bioavailable (free+weekly bound) testosterone, BUN:Cr = blood urea nitrogen:creatinine ratio, ALP = alkaline phosphatase, AST = aspartate aminotransferase, ALT = alanine aminotransferase, Chol = total cholesterol, TAG = triglycerides, HDL = high density lipoprotein, LDL = low density lipoprotein, SBP = systolic blood pressure, DBP = diastolic blood pressure.

Conclusions: Within the framework of the current experimental design, these preliminary data indicate that four weeks of NOV-XT supplementation significantly elevates serum TT and BT, likely via the inhibition of estradiol formation. Further, NOV-XT does not appear to result in any deleterious effects on blood chemistry or systemic hemodynamics in healthy, eugonadal men. Future research is necessary to confirm and refine these results in a larger sample size, as well as examine the impact of NOV-XT on androgenic and estrogenic metabolites, body composition, and muscular performance. Supported in part by a research grant from Gaspari Nutrition (Neptune, NJ).

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
I agree with your sentiments. From what the study shows, I would think that ATD (The active ingredient) would be excellent for PCT. (aside from the low libido it causes) I always wonder why it gets such a bad rap.

The only thing that concerns me about ATD is that I think I read that it is only active in the body for a few minutes... Which means it knocks out the estrogen pretty quickly. I would think that it would be difficult to taper down on something that works so powerfully and so quickly.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
novedex xt study

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supported in part by a research grant from Gaspari Nutrition (Neptune, NJ).
One there's that^^^, and two, it was done on five guys. That isn't a study, it's a reference to make your ads look good to teenagers.

Now, I've never used ATD, and I'm not going to, because of all the screwed up post cycle therapy's I've read. I also don't understand how it works. But a whole lot of folks that I trust said not to use it, and I know not to trust "studies" like that, because I can't interpret them critically, and therefore can't tell if it was designed well. I DO know that five guys and no control group does not a study make.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/72903-why-atd-should.html