Nootropics/Supps for Stim breaks.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think this might be a useful topic for those who have been on stims for a long time and want to take a break from them without suffering from performance decreasing. I've heard Rhodiola is something that helps with caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Any other things that might help cope with it?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rhodiola is great, as well as Schizandra, but those are not going to fall under noots. I prefer rhodiola as my PWO and also EGCG, but there will be trace amounts of caffeine in there.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rhodiola is great, as well as Schizandra, but those are not going to fall under noots. I prefer rhodiola as my PWO and also EGCG, but there will be trace amounts of caffeine in there.
Oh, thanks for that. I guess noots can help substitute for stims though, like choline and ALCAR right?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, thanks for that. I guess noots can help substitute for stims though, like choline and ALCAR right?
I would go with adrenosurge. Its is designed to help people drastically lower their stim tolerance and reduce stim withdrawals. It has some great ingredients which helped me focus when i taking it. I loved it.

Also focus xt caffeine free version is pretty good.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would go with adrenosurge. Its is designed to help people drastically lower their stim tolerance and reduce stim withdrawals. It has some great ingredients which helped me focus when i taking it. I loved it.

Also focus xt caffeine free version is pretty good.
I've used BPS adrenosurge, but this time, I'm trying to isolate the ingredients that actually help out specifically with this.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used BPS adrenosurge, but this time, I'm trying to isolate the ingredients that actually help out specifically with this.
Ok. Then i would use something like alpha-gpc

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am very familiar with alpha-GPC, so I am curious why you state this?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, they're adaptogens, but they deserve a mention, and shouldn't really be excluded from this sort of discussion on a technicality. Maybe they don't have cognitive enhancing effects per se, but rhodiola has been shown in many studies to improve cognition and performance assuming the subjects are fatigued, which a great deal of people are a great deal of the time. Schizandra also has a lot of similar research, although it's almost all old Russian research that you can only find discussed in other papers/studies. Both are great supplements.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that's a good idea. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Adrenosurge not using standardized % extracts for bacopa and ashwagandha. They're both such well researched supplements, and the vast majority of the studies use standardized % extracts. I know that some supplements (typically less common ones) can really only have x:1 ratio extracts, either because that's all the research specifies, or a standardized % extract would be insanely expensive, but bacopa and ashwagandha don't fit either of those categories.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, they're adaptogens, but they deserve a mention, and shouldn't really be excluded from this sort of discussion on a technicality. Maybe they don't have cognitive enhancing effects per se, but rhodiola has been shown in many studies to improve cognition and performance assuming the subjects are fatigued, which a great deal of people are a great deal of the time. Schizandra also has a lot of similar research, although it's almost all old Russian research that you can only find discussed in other papers/studies. Both are great supplements.
Who is excluding them? Read up on my posts and you'd know I am one of the biggest supporters of adaptogens and noots alike on this board.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who is excluding them? Read up on my posts and you'd know I am one of the biggest supporters of adaptogens and noots alike on this board.
My bad, I didn't intend it to sound like that. I just wanted to make it clear to anyone else reading this thread that just because they're not "nootropics" doesn't mean that they can't still improve cognitive performance. My comment wasn't really directed at you; I tried to use your post as just a lead-in to say the above.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha, and my apologies for being defensive! And we agree with one another on the matter.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah to be honest, I don't care much for classifications, haha. These kinds of supplements have always been on the sidelines for me because I've always been looking at all the new natural anabolics, etc. and after using Adrenosurge I realized that these adaptogens/whatevers made quality of life a lot better.